The New Order: Last Days of Europe - An Axis Victory Cold War Mod for HoIIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way I can access the Mod files in Steam? Or is there a separate download location? I want to try a couple of "controlled" scenarios where I force a number of outcomes, but I need to be able to see the events and decisions to properly plan them out.

The path should be something like:
c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\394360\2173766180\
But don't edit it there, copy it to the local mod directory for your edit.
See this link:
https://hoi4.paradoxwikis.com/Modding

Honestly, I think Chita could do with some more events. For instance, what if Mikhail, after gaining power, asks his wife to travel to Russia to become Empress. How does she react? What is her life like? What is their relationship like? Narratively I think it was a huge missed opportunity to only look at Mikhail's relationship with his father.

Honestly, I think Chita could do with some more events. For instance, what if Mikhail, after gaining power, asks his wife to travel to Russia to become Empress. How does she react? What is her life like? What is their relationship like? Narratively I think it was a huge missed opportunity to only look at Mikhail's relationship with his father.
I presume that this type of content will be present in the 1972-1982 stretch of Chita gameplay once it is added in. Some retrospective narrative events surrounding Mikhail's personal relationships (for example, Petlin and his wife's dialogues) would be nice to see added to the current stretch of content, though. The same is the case with Vladimir III's relations - what of his own family?

Deleted member 141906

I presume that this type of content will be present in the 1972-1982 stretch of Chita gameplay once it is added in. Some retrospective narrative events surrounding Mikhail's personal relationships (for example, Petlin and his wife's dialogues) would be nice to see added to the current stretch of content, though. The same is the case with Vladimir III's relations - what of his own family?
He has a daughter, who turns 20 in 1973.

I haven't really had that first problem, although I do get the point. I think performance would become an issue though for the much larger countries if they start having triple the troops they have.

The German Civil War I kinda wish there was more variety to it. It seems like to me that Bormann always wins handily. I've heard that Goering is supposed to be the second best, but he never comes close (except the time I played as him and pushed into Bavaria before making a blunder). Speer might be able to win as an AI but every game I've done it just doesn't committ enough to any one of it's fronts.

SA War I think suffers a bit from trying to be a parallel to the Korean War, and the fact that the US doesn't seem to actually commit (as an AI) to helping. (My past few games they don't even send volunteers)

I have definitely seen Goering win, probably like 1/3 of the time. AI Speer and Heydrich have never won for me.

As for smaller divisions, I wonder if it would help if small nations had some "micro templates" with just 2 infantry brigades, for example. Then they could more easily form a line without creating tons of units for the big countries.

Something fun ab
One heck of a surprise finding out that you are suddenly the princess of Russian empire... Though same could be said for her dad suddenly becoming the emperor.

He has a daughter, who turns 20 in 1973.

The fun thing is that according to the russian sucession, women cannot get the throne, but both Mikhail and Vladimir only have daughters so regardless of which romanov takes power the sucession law needs to be changed.

Sabre77

Banned
New Zealand and Australia send troops to South Africa?

Interesting to know that they're broken, but I also meant some form of assisting in general?

There are national focuses you can take as the US to supposedly convince other OFN nations(like Canada, Australia and New Zealand) to send volunteers, but I never actually saw any there.

I took full advantage of the focuses which allow you to increase your volunteer numbers up to five divisions, which is a big part of why I was able to fully defeat the Nazis.

I have definitely seen Goering win, probably like 1/3 of the time. AI Speer and Heydrich have never won for me.

As for smaller divisions, I wonder if it would help if small nations had some "micro templates" with just 2 infantry brigades, for example. Then they could more easily form a line without creating tons of units for the big countries.
I've seen Speer win as the AI. It's been explicitly stated that AI Heydrich will never win.

It's crazy to me how the AI works sometimes. I've had it do ingenius things in some games, and others it just durps a bit. My last game my last two opponents didn't attack, granted I did have numbers and defensive advantage, but what killed it was they just stood there while I slowly encircled them. It's weird.
I think it would already be enough if the AI was able to perform probing attacks every now (3-5 days with 20-40% of the units along the frontline) to check if its estimates on the strength and composition of the enemy forces are accurate. It also would have the benefit of keeping the player occupied with guessing where the next probing attacks is going to happen.

The characters of Legend of galactic heroes shown as TNO ideologies:

Job trunicht: Autdem
Dwight Greenhill: Despotic
Frederica Greenhill Yang: Liberal Democracy
Jessica Edwards: Social Democracy
Raymond Togliatti: Conservative Democracy
Andrew Falk: Ultranat

And for the Empire:

Friedrich IV and Erwin Josef II: Despotic
Reinhard Von Lohengramm: Autdem
Joachim von Merkatz: Conservative Democracy
Fritz Joseph Bittenfeld: Ultranat
Oskar Von Reuenthal: Fascist

chankljp

Donor
I was just reading the Buryatia/Sablin 'Lets Play' over at Sufficient Velocity, and suddenly, a fridge horror/sadness realisation same to mind...

In OTL, we only knew about Sablin's mutiny on board the Storozhevoy in 1975 because as he attempted to sail the ship from Riga to Leningrad, the ship sailed near international waters, alerting the Swedish navy, which witness the entire thing (With the Soviets trying to later unconvincingly cover it all up as a 'training exercise' which they forgot to inform everyone else about). And even then, everyone at the time thought that Sablin was trying to defect to the West (With the idea inspiring Tom Clancy's novel and later movie, "The Hunt for Red October"). It wasn't until after the end of the Cold War when records were declassified, that we learn about the fact that Sablin was not trying to defect to the West, but instead, he was trying to spark a second October Revolution against the Soviet government whom he saw as being corrupted and detached from the people. With many of the exact details of the mutiny coming from Boris Gindin, a member of the crew who took part in the mutiny and later immgrated to the United States to tell Sablin's side of the story in a book that he authored in 2009....

In the TNO TL, with the rest of the world having very little knowledge of what exactly is going on in the mess that is the Russian anarchy, if anyone else besides Buryatia unites the Russian Far East, it is almost certain that Sablin and his band of idealistic revolutionaries hanging out at their opera house HQ will simply be utterly forgotten within a few years at most, with no one to morn or remember what they fought for.

(1) If they managed to overthrow Yagoda over in Irkutsk first before getting defeated themselves by someone else, they will simply be remembered as a historical footnote, something along the lines of 'Generic post-USSR communist warlord no.5', maybe with a side-note about how their leadership were all unusually young . Perhaps if they managed to get to the regional unification level first and established contact with the outside world (Especially if they try to gain the recognition from OFN), maybe they will become something similar to Che Guevara, with leftist students in the West putting their faces of t-shirts and stuff.​
(2) If their initial mutiny got crushed by Yagoda, onyl for Irkutsk to later get defeated by someone else... Sablin and his buddies will simply be utterly forgotten by history. After all, who would even be interested in what a failed rebellion against a failed warlord fought for? Even those that lived though the event will simply lump it together with the generic chaos and violence of the Russian Anarchy of that period pre-unification.​
(3) If the mutiny got crushed by Yagoda, and for him to later reunite all of Russia as the new USSR... Sablin will get utterly slandered by the NKVD's propaganda machine as nothing but a gang of upstart traitors, perhaps even making-up 'evidence' of them being spies loyal to the facist warlord Rodzaevsky, with them being compared to the likes of the Aryan Brotherhood.​

In other words, Samara's capitulation pop-up message would be very fitting for any senario in which Sablin gets defeated: 'The traitors will never get to tell their side of the story.' If they don't at least reach the regional unification level first before getting defeated, any trace of hopes, dreams, idealism, and positive contribution that Sablin and his brand of would-be revolutionaries fought for will simply be wiped away from the pages of history forever, and they will forever be either forgotten, or remembered as traitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.