The New Order: Last Days of Europe - An Axis Victory Cold War Mod for HoIIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it seem that Bukharin is still alive. I kinda hope that in the future we will get event about him interacting with his daughter if she unified Russia.

Since it seem that Bukharin is still alive. I kinda hope that in the future we will get event about him interacting with his daughter if she unified Russia.
It could be a decision for all Russian unifiers on whether to kill him (the fascists, anarchists, and monarchists), allow him to live out the rest of his days in quiet obscurity (the non-ideological military juntas or the democracies), or give him some advisory post (the leftists).

No. He wasn't mis-remembering things. I looked it up and found this posted all the way back in early 2019:

From what I can remember - and India content is very much in the works, as the devs left a while back - if that faction succeeds in reunifying India, they can restore the British Raj...which is the absolute worst path for India, guaranteed, and Golwaker and Devi are already bad enough as they are.

Because that's the motto of the Order of the Star of India, the most senior medal associated with the British Raj, and it would be worn by the British Viceroy of India. If you know just how proud Indians are of their independence and their struggle for freedom, how proud they are of Gandhi and Bose and Bhagat Singh, then it's no surprise that a restored Raj spells complete and utter doom for India.

Last edited:
All these other unfinished paths make me eager for 2.0.

The GAW.

Really the only downside so far is a lack of real wars to intervene in.

chankljp

Donor
It could be a decision for all Russian unifiers on whether to kill him (the fascists, anarchists, and monarchists), allow him to live out the rest of his days in quiet obscurity (the non-ideological military juntas or the democracies), or give him some advisory post (the leftists).

Considering just how unpopular Bukharin is in the TNO world as a result of him being not just metaphorical captain of the sinking ship that was the collapse of the first USSR, but also a captain that went AWOL on the Russian people after the fall of Moscow... Involving him in the new government in any way whatsoever will be a BAD idea.

At this point, as the post-apocalypse event suggested, I think he is done with politics, and simply wishes to live as a hermit, to see the fate of the country from the side as a common citizen.

Considering just how unpopular Bukharin is in the TNO world as a result of him being not just metaphorical captain of the sinking ship that was the collapse of the first USSR, but also a captain that went AWOL on the Russian people after the fall of Moscow... Involving him in the new government in any way whatsoever will be a BAD idea.

At this point, as the post-apocalypse event suggested, I think he is done with politics, and simply wishes to live as a hermit, to see the fate of the country from the side as a common citizen.
But yeah, you could see Russian unifiers having an option to sentence him to death (an option the fascists, monarchists, and the anarchists would take) or leaving him alone to live the rest of the days in quiet obscurity (the non-ideological juntas (Novosibirsk, Krasnoyarsk, and Batov!Sverdlovsk) and the democracies (Tomsk, Yeltsin!Sverdlovsk, and LibDem Komi))?

For the record, Saviriti Devi is still recorded as Burgundian System in ideology (naturally, I'm not surprised), so it really does look like the restored Raj is the secret ultranationalist option.

I was just reading the Buryatia/Sablin 'Lets Play' over at Sufficient Velocity, and suddenly, a fridge horror/sadness realisation same to mind...

In OTL, we only knew about Sablin's mutiny on board the Storozhevoy in 1975 because as he attempted to sail the ship from Riga to Leningrad, the ship sailed near international waters, alerting the Swedish navy, which witness the entire thing (With the Soviets trying to later unconvincingly cover it all up as a 'training exercise' which they forgot to inform everyone else about). And even then, everyone at the time thought that Sablin was trying to defect to the West (With the idea inspiring Tom Clancy's novel and later movie, "The Hunt for Red October"). It wasn't until after the end of the Cold War when records were declassified, that we learn about the fact that Sablin was not trying to defect to the West, but instead, he was trying to spark a second October Revolution against the Soviet government whom he saw as being corrupted and detached from the people. With many of the exact details of the mutiny coming from Boris Gindin, a member of the crew who took part in the mutiny and later immgrated to the United States to tell Sablin's side of the story in a book that he authored in 2009....

In the TNO TL, with the rest of the world having very little knowledge of what exactly is going on in the mess that is the Russian anarchy, if anyone else besides Buryatia unites the Russian Far East, it is almost certain that Sablin and his band of idealistic revolutionaries hanging out at their opera house HQ will simply be utterly forgotten within a few years at most, with no one to morn or remember what they fought for.

(1) If they managed to overthrow Yagoda over in Irkutsk first before getting defeated themselves by someone else, they will simply be remembered as a historical footnote, something along the lines of 'Generic post-USSR communist warlord no.5', maybe with a side-note about how their leadership were all unusually young . Perhaps if they managed to get to the regional unification level first and established contact with the outside world (Especially if they try to gain the recognition from OFN), maybe they will become something similar to Che Guevara, with leftist students in the West putting their faces of t-shirts and stuff.​
(2) If their initial mutiny got crushed by Yagoda, onyl for Irkutsk to later get defeated by someone else... Sablin and his buddies will simply be utterly forgotten by history. After all, who would even be interested in what a failed rebellion against a failed warlord fought for? Even those that lived though the event will simply lump it together with the generic chaos and violence of the Russian Anarchy of that period pre-unification.​
(3) If the mutiny got crushed by Yagoda, and for him to later reunite all of Russia as the new USSR... Sablin will get utterly slandered by the NKVD's propaganda machine as nothing but a gang of upstart traitors, perhaps even making-up 'evidence' of them being spies loyal to the facist warlord Rodzaevsky, with them being compared to the likes of the Aryan Brotherhood.​

In other words, Samara's capitulation pop-up message would be very fitting for any senario in which Sablin gets defeated: 'The traitors will never get to tell their side of the story.' If they don't at least reach the regional unification level first before getting defeated, any trace of hopes, dreams, idealism, and positive contribution that Sablin and his brand of would-be revolutionaries fought for will simply be wiped away from the pages of history forever, and they will forever be either forgotten, or remembered as traitors.

I believe that things are planned like that for design, I mean, some warlords just dissapear as historical footnotes. Assuming that Samara is quickly stomped, people might even refer as them as part of the RK muscovy, just with autonomy or even ignore their existance and put as direct part of the RK.

My guess is that the warlords that even if stomped, still would be remembered are:

Yagoda, since he was elected before things exploded. He would be mentioned like a figure of the korean communist party I forgot the name, but challenged Kim Il Sung and was shot, his description on wikipedia says "It was still alive by 1957", so Yagoda would read "Yagoda still was alive somewhere in 1962".
Mikhail II, since you know, kidnapped and stuff, you could have a family investigator or something discovering his fate, maybe even a book since the Romanovs are saints and thus they are important.
Konstantin Rodzayevsky, at least in japan since he is the faction they officially support.
The leader of Novosibirsk, since he's a hero of the soviet union.
Eugeny Dragunov, because you know, he supplied everyone and made the Dragunov rifle.
Vladimir III, Zhukov and Tukachevsky.
Gutrum Wagner would be this timeline Roman Von Sternberg.

My guess is that the warlords that even if stomped, still would be remembered are:
You forgot Kaganovich and Pasternak, considering that Tyumen and Tomsk are merely the remnants of larger states which once existed in the 50s, when people last had reliable info on the region. Same for Yagoda.

Mikhail II, since you know, kidnapped and stuff, you could have a family investigator or something discovering his fate, maybe even a book since the Romanovs are saints and thus they are important.
And unless he had the misfortune of being captured by Yagoda or Rodzaevsky, he'd be allowed to return home to Australia and could possibly talk about his experience to the Australian media.

All factions that conquer the AB try to eliminates all traces of its existance, so unless they win they will be forgotten by everyone except a few old veterans

The soviets tried to erase Sternberg, but we known him.

Of course, he was born a noble, but if they had succeded his records would end with him dissapearing on the siberian campaign and there would not be a date of death.

The soviets tried to erase Sternberg, but we known him.

Of course, he was born a noble, but if they had succeded his records would end with him dissapearing on the siberian campaign and there would not be a date of death.
Invading a foreign nation is very different than leading an obscure cult in the middle of nowhere

Status
Not open for further replies.