The New Order: Last Days of Europe - An Axis Victory Cold War Mod for HoIIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
As said before the DSR is probably worse than Heydrich because it has such a high death count and the complete and utter stupidity of the leaders. Speer is, of course, the only sane choice because while yes a lot of Nazis go unpunished at least democracy can be achieved unlike with the DSR who only leads to the destruction of Germany and most likely screws over the entirety of Europe. Unless you're Kovner in which case this is the best possible outcome.

Worffan101

Gone Fishin'
DSR only sucks for Nazi Germany. Heydrich sucks for everybody thanks to being tight with Himmler and having an overriding lust for power.

Göring, while we're at it, also bases his entire plan on waging war on the entire fucking world to fund his Ponzi scheme. At least Meinhoff et al. just want to purge their own people.

Any way you square it, though, the difference is academic, because all the factions in that war are monsters and every single one of them (yes, even Speer) deserves to be thrown in prison and left to rot for eternity.

_zgArjktpyoOmKpkKbd5jxSL5DZPD5EfKF72a48kfTY.png

Burgundian focus tree icons

DSR only sucks for Nazi Germany. Heydrich sucks for everybody thanks to being tight with Himmler and having an overriding lust for power.

Göring, while we're at it, also bases his entire plan on waging war on the entire fucking world to fund his Ponzi scheme. At least Meinhoff et al. just want to purge their own people.

Any way you square it, though, the difference is academic, because all the factions in that war are monsters and every single one of them (yes, even Speer) deserves to be thrown in prison and left to rot for eternity.
Come to think about it, behind "Speer kinda sort of reforms the Reich and lets tonnes of scumbags off scot free", in a certain sense Bormann resorting to nukes may be the second least worst outcome for the German Civil War.

I mean sure, millions of people will die from the blasts and radiation but...

...well hopefully a crippled Germany is incapable of starting nuclear war?

...yeah still pretty terrible.

I'll admit I find the idea the Speer can reform the Nazi hegemony into a somewhat decent state with substantively less bloodshed than the DSR hard to picture. Either Speer's state is still hideously awful (since Speer was a pretty awful person who was not particularly morally or intellectually superior to the rest of the administration) or the vast majority of the Nazi party dies during the Civil War. In order for the DSR to have seized power, the SS, militarist, and Party factions have to have already been totally destroyed in an exceptionally long and brutal civil war so who is this mass that needs to be purged? The DSR is a radicalized Speerite group but would still need to have won over a majority of his support base to have a shot.

It feels like an attempt to make Speer look like a moral choice instead of the choice that further enables Nazi hegemony. Especially as I view his as an awful path too, it allows the reformation and restoration of long term Nazi hegemony over Europe, avoids any reckoning with the horrors that ideology inflicted on the world, and shouldn't really be accomplished at the cost of a lot less lives than the DSR (purges shouldn't be killing anywhere near the same magnitude of people as open four or more way civil war with weapons up to and potentially including nuclear ones). In a world that seems to be about reckoning with the truth of extremist regimes and their consequences, Speer feels like a bizarre not all nazis apology choice. My deepest hope is that it leads to a slave revolt or something (because no one outside the Germans will forget or forgive what the Nazis did) and that there is NO way to reform or save the Nazi German state.

Because it's such an intrinsically evil ideology that anything based off of it is irredeemably vile

So, what do you think is the worst possible world which doesn’t involve world conquest by (insert evil/insane country) or nuclear war?

It is important to remember that the DSR, despite their claims, are hardly actual communists. It has been explicitly said that they know barely anything about it and many in their ranks still support a lot of nazi ideals like their racial theories and slavery.

So I have been out of loop for a while, can anyone tell me what's going on guys ? Did the mod group announced any release date ?

I'll admit I find the idea the Speer can reform the Nazi hegemony into a somewhat decent state with substantively less bloodshed than the DSR hard to picture. Either Speer's state is still hideously awful (since Speer was a pretty awful person who was not particularly morally or intellectually superior to the rest of the administration) or the vast majority of the Nazi party dies during the Civil War. In order for the DSR to have seized power, the SS, militarist, and Party factions have to have already been totally destroyed in an exceptionally long and brutal civil war so who is this mass that needs to be purged? The DSR is a radicalized Speerite group but would still need to have won over a majority of his support base to have a shot.

It feels like an attempt to make Speer look like a moral choice instead of the choice that further enables Nazi hegemony. Especially as I view his as an awful path too, it allows the reformation and restoration of long term Nazi hegemony over Europe, avoids any reckoning with the horrors that ideology inflicted on the world, and shouldn't really be accomplished at the cost of a lot less lives than the DSR (purges shouldn't be killing anywhere near the same magnitude of people as open four or more way civil war with weapons up to and potentially including nuclear ones). In a world that seems to be about reckoning with the truth of extremist regimes and their consequences, Speer feels like a bizarre not all nazis apology choice. My deepest hope is that it leads to a slave revolt or something (because no one outside the Germans will forget or forgive what the Nazis did) and that there is NO way to reform or save the Nazi German state.

Because it's such an intrinsically evil ideology that anything based off of it is irredeemably vile

There's a good chance that the Speer focus tree ends up being a ruse and the whole thing backfires spectacularly (like the Bernie Sanders path in Red World).

Status
Not open for further replies.