What TL hasn't been done that you would like to read?

Modern Burma wank.

Other possible outcomes of Alexanders' empire. It may involve alternate successors (Hephaestion, Parmenion), and a smaller but but more manageable territorial span of the empire.

Francophile timelines of any shape or form, with the exception of colonial expansions in Asia and Africa.

Sassanid Wank.

Mohammad Ali (of Egypt) overthrowing the Ottomans.

The Rashidis annihilating the House of Saud. If well written.

Last edited:
Modern Burma wank.

Other possible outcomes of Alexanders' empire. It may involve alternate successors (Hephaestion, Parmenion), and a smaller but but more manageable territorial span of the empire.

Francophile timelines of any shape or form, with the exception of colonial expansions in Asia and Africa.

Sassanid Wank.

Mohammad Ali (of Egypt) overthrowing the Ottomans.

The Rashidis annihilating the House of Saud. If well written.
I actually did do a TL of the bolded one, but it's one of my early works and really isn't all that good.

I'd like to see a TL in which Khalid Ibn Walid isn't removed from command, and is given a go against Constantinople.

One where the American revolutionary war is crushed, the founding fathers are hung like dogs and the British successfully ensure that the colonies never rebel again. I don't think that's been done. Could be interesting.

Or how about a pop culture Timeline where Star Wars never existed.
POD: France stays out of the war.

I'd like to see an Ojibwa wank. They fought the Iroquois and Sioux successfully, so I'll bet they could be a force to reckon with it in alternate timeline.
Now that you mention it, me too.

I'd like to see the Confederates succeed at their attempt to set the ten largest hotels in New York on fire at the same time. Either during the time they attempted it IOTl or during the planned date to be on election day (they changed it due to heightened security). It failed IOTL because they closed the hotel windows, meaning the fires ran out of oxygen.

Or maybe something with that guy who tried to capture and execute Davis and his Cabinet.

A much more Francophone Canada - France manages to hold into the Canadas, Acadia never sees its Francophones expelled and France managed to retake it in King George's War or the 1760s, France takes the Hudson Bay and Placentia and keeps St. John's in the same time frame.

Bonus points if American history goes broadly the same otherwise (westward expansion, independence, etc.) so the differences between it and all-French Canada can be explored.

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
A realistic timeline of a Rumsfeld/Cheney Presidency.

I'm actually planning on doing a time line like that, in which Bush is killed in 2005 in Georgia and Cheney goes onto the Presidency with Rumsfeld his VP. It would have seen the War on Terror shift to the Caucasus and Democratic Presidential candidate Colin Powell. Cheney would have transformed America into a authoritarian police state (Under the idea that he genuinely bevies what he does is for the best of America) and goes to 2010 when Chaney, in his second term, dies of a Heart Attack. Like my Czogosz timeline, my major issue was a lack of familiarity with the man, as well as being unable to get it started (What I need to do it is a very detailed report on the 2005 Georgia visit and the assassination attempt on Bush). I plan on naming it 'A Man, My Son' (From the last line of the poem 'If-').

Last edited:
I have a couple other Maria Theresa themed TL's in mind.

Lorraine Survives!

Léopold Clément, Hereditary Prince of Lorraine doesn't die of smallpox and lived to adulthood with heirs and Lorraine survived as an independent state in the modern era.

The Partition of Austria

Maria Theresa lost the War of Austrian Succession and the French plan for the partition of Austria was implemented.

The Austrian Inheritance

Instead of wasting resources to get Europe to agree to 'the Pragmatic Sanction', Charles VI simply declared his daughter his heir, educated her for the role, and invested his time in gathering money and building up Austria's army.

The Partition of Austria

Maria Theresa lost the War of Austrian Succession and the French plan for the partition of Austria was implemented.

That sounds really interesting, although my knowledge of the period is really weak. Do you happen to have a map of the partition plan?

Horses become resistant to African diseases; spread through the Serengeti and further south: Masai Mongols?

You almost read my mind :p

I have these ideas:

1- Alexander doesnt go to Persia, instead goes north of Europe, unifying the entire Balkans and beyond, fighting against the early Europeans, reaching Scandinavia and beyond. Pyteas could be the commander of the navy, and many of the european capitals could be their Alexandries.

2- Mongols win in Ain Jalut, allowing Kitbuqua to conquer Egypt and Ethiopia, giving birth to the Black Horde, Nile Horde, Sphynx Horde or whatever name suits better for the first african-mongol horde.

3-A Georgian-wank feauturing the queen Tamar and beyond.

TFSmith121

Banned
Great minds think alike

A much more Francophone Canada - France manages to hold into the Canadas, Acadia never sees its Francophones expelled and France managed to retake it in King George's War or the 1760s, France takes the Hudson Bay and Placentia and keeps St. John's in the same time frame.

Bonus points if American history goes broadly the same otherwise (westward expansion, independence, etc.) so the differences between it and all-French Canada can be explored.

Great minds think alike.;)

Best,

A timeline of a surviving Argead Empire without the need to have an epic brawl against Rome or Carthage. Or any expansion period.

It exists, but i forget the name, you might want to do an archive dive man.

edit: I really want to say the TL that comes to mind is Blood & Gold

Last edited:
You almost read my mind :p

I have these ideas:

1- Alexander doesnt go to Persia, instead goes north of Europe, unifying the entire Balkans and beyond, fighting against the early Europeans, reaching Scandinavia and beyond. Pyteas could be the commander of the navy, and many of the european capitals could be their Alexandries.

2- Mongols win in Ain Jalut, allowing Kitbuqua to conquer Egypt and Ethiopia, giving birth to the Black Horde, Nile Horde, Sphynx Horde or whatever name suits better for the first african-mongol horde.

3-A Georgian-wank feauturing the queen Tamar and beyond.

1. What is in the North for Alexander? Nothing but forest and unruly tribes. All the wealth is in the east, there's no way he would conquer North. West into Italy and North Africa is a little more plausible.

2. This I'd also love to see, although I doubt the Mongols would conquer south of Egypt. The fall of the Mamlukes and Egypt would make it interesting enough, though.

3. Meh, that's alright. Most Byzzie wanks have a limited Georgian wank, so I've had my fill.

One where the American revolutionary war is crushed, the founding fathers are hung like dogs and the British successfully ensure that the colonies never rebel again. I don't think that's been done. Could be interesting.

GURPS Alternate Earths II, although I wouldn't call it too plausible. Several short stories. And FWOAN, although there the separation still takes place peacefully a few generations later.

Great minds think alike.;)

Best,

Shoulda paid more attention as I skimmed the topic. :eek:

I've developed my own butterfly-resistant version:

-Acadia's Upheaval cancelled due to lack of freedom to do so after Fort Beausejour holds on against Monckton in 1755,
-Acadians getting pissy and rebelling after Louisbourg and Ile-Royal is conquered in 1758, diverting valuable troops to containing it,
-The Plains of Abraham being a glorious defensive victory,
-Montcalm going on a surprise offensive and capturing Acadia in 1760-1761 replacing Montreal's fall due to a forward base in Beausejour and the restless Acadians being a vital fifth column,
-French conquest of St. John's stays due to British naval interests being elsewhere and Canada barring Louisbourg being a lost cause.

Meanwhile Americans capture upstate NY and the Northwest/Southwest Territories as per reality. Cue the Peace of Paris of 1763 with British North America and French North America being the actual 1783 USA-Canada border, Newfoundland, Acadia, and Cape Breton returned to France, Florida becoming British, Louisiana becoming Spanish to replace Florida, and Rupert's Land staying British.

Then in 1783 the American Revolution happens and Suffren stays in Rupert's Land rather than merely raiding it. Too valuable and strategic to let Britain keep since the rest of OTL Canada is French. So it goes to France come 1783.

Territory-wise I suppose this means America deals with French North America than British and Britain is far friendlier to America due to the need to cooperate with the old mother country against their traditional rivals (French Canada, France).

Georgia-wank would be fun.

I'd like to see a good post-1945 PODs "Soviet Union survives to 2015" TL. (There's Zhirinovski's Russian Empire, but aside from plausibility issues, the successor state really isn't the USSR).

A long-lasting expansionist Ancient Israel is something else that's never been done.

I'd also like to see a "Muhammad Ali and heirs" do better TL, in which Egypt avoids falling under the thumb of any European powers and continues to rule the Sudan and maybe more of the Arab world.

A TL where the British and Scottish royal houses remained separate and Scotland charted it's own independent course, with various ups and downs, through the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries would be interesting, as much for the knock-on effects in England as events in Scotland itself.

I'd like to see a Portuguese South Africa, and a French India (not as a French wank, but to explore how different French dominion of the subcontinent might be from the British).

A long-lasting expansionist Ancient Israel is something else that's never been done.

I have actually been toying with the idea of Israeli expansion under King Solomon. The only reason I haven't started it was because I haven't been able to find accurate maps of the region at the time of Solomon.

Ryan

Donor
England conquering Scotland in the 1300's and the knock on effect's for Ireland and the colonization of America.