What TL hasn't been done that you would like to read?

Here's a few...

I would love to see an Iroquois League wank, because why not? It would be awesome to see a viable League successfully stand up to Euro-American expansion.

Also, a Gnostic timeline (especially the Bogomils or Cathars) would be fun. It doesn't have to be a wank, I just find it so fascinating.

And last, but certainly not least, a timeline in which the Star Wars prequels were done right, and legions of loyal fans didn't go home wishing they could take back that lost time and dinero. Of course, I could say the same thing for the Hobbit (as in, make one good epic film without succumbing to money grubbing and needless add-ins)...:D

Ummmmm.....

An actual god-to earnest timeline epic that goes into great detail a world without Islam.

Are you inside my brain? I am actually working on something to this effect, but it keeps getting bogged down in details, and I keep getting lost in research... I've seen a couple on this site, but they seem to just dwindle off into the aether.

I want Luzon to be Ilocano dominated rather than Luzon being dominated by both Ilocanos and Tagalogs...this TL has not been done.

Any good Asia and Middle East-centered timelines, whether it's Mughal-wank, Persia-wank, Mamluk-wank, Ottoman-wank, etc. And I really, really like to read a TL about a modernized Mongol Khanate surviving to the modern era.

Other TLs I like to see are:

- Russia not united by Muscovy.
- Mongolized(?) Russia
- Poland-Lithuania surviving and later becomes a colonial power
- a Nordic state becoming a major European continental and colonial power that is not short-lived.
- a Christianized Khanate

1. A TL with a strong Sweden, thus no Rus'. Implications of no united Euro-Sibeiran state.
2. A TL where eastern Europe is settled by Germanic tribes, not Slavs.
3. Surviving, Christian Kingdom of Kongo.
4. World under control of Pan-Arabism, Pan-Slavism, Pan-Latinism(Latin America) and Pan-Germanism

I am trying...

...Canada triggered the 'You Cannot Be Serious' reformation of the British Empire and took part in its space programme.

...British Tierra Del Fuego is going to be re-written and it is in the South Cone...

...And before anyone else says it (notably my wife) I know I am very trying...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
A what would happen with no Washington Naval Treaty scenario, especially if you agree with the Naval Race being a cause of WWI theory.

Which could easily lead to a plausible scenario where the US actually loses a war, not necessarily conquered, about the only one I have ever read is Redcoats Revenge.

Although they could easily be considered post-1900.

VVD0D95

Banned
Something involving one of Henry II of England's two eldest sons Henry the Young King or Richard I surviving to have children etc.

It must be my chauvinistic feelings, but I don't see a lot of French PODs around here. If someone doesn't take it, I would like to see Capetian timelines, about Bouvines, Joan of Arc, Louis XIV, the Restoration actually happening in 1873. Or a Napoleon wins plausible TL.

A detailed TL about a Brazillian Civil War during the Cold War/ a TL where grunge and britpop clash more fiercely during the 90s

1. A more Austronesian Taiwan.
2. Continuing 1823 Philippines timelines.
3. Ebionite Arabia (Arabs would still conquer the Levant and North Africa, but the difference that they would be assimilated to the local populations).
4. Independent Frisia.

Anything focused on Christianity in Asia east of the Byzantines.

Oh, and Manichaeanism. And the Yazidis. And all the religions of the Middle East, pre-Islamic or otherwise.

An actual god-to earnest timeline epic that goes into great detail a world without Islam.

:eek: And I thought the Chaos TL was long!

But seriously; I've seen people trying to do this, but fail due to lack of time to write that kind of epic.

If you want to write a world like this, you would need multiple people working on the timeline ahead of time.