What TL hasn't been done that you would like to read?

A timeline where the Hapsburgs are crushed under the Franco-Turkish alliance in the 1500s and sees both states essentially carve the old Roman Empire into two spheres, the Francosphere and Turkosphere.

Bonus points if you can somehow get this alliance to basically claim the mantle of old Western and Eastern Rome and embrace it wholesale.

MrHola

Banned
A timeline about the Netherlands. Any timeline about the Netherlands. Probably one of the most underused nations when it comes to AH potential. They usually end up as a part of a German empire, or get soundly squashed by the French/Brits/Germans/Spanish/Turks, etc. because they are not as glamorous or kewl like the aforementioned nations. Oh well.

Lateknight

Banned
A timeline about the Netherlands. Any timeline about the Netherlands. Probably one of the most underused nations when it comes to AH potential. They usually end up as a part of a German empire, or get soundly squashed by the French/Brits/Germans/Spanish/Turks, etc. because they are not as glamorous or kewl like the aforementioned nations. Oh well.

The a small nation surrounded by big nations them getting crushed is argeably the natural course of history.

Agreed. The were once the greatest economic power of the day and enjoyed their 15 minutes to the full, but are so underrated.
I point to the conspiracy that the British are behind this! They still despise their enemies across the Sea!

There is TL where Netherlands is main nation and rises as world power.

A TL where another nation takes the place of the United States in terms of world power. Perhaps its been done before, but i want a TL that has Spain or the Ottomans or Russia or anyone else with military bases ringing the globe. Like i want to see someone "win" in the economic or military category in a way that i dont think has been done before.

Or, a TL that has the US in a different "special relationship" besides England. I think it would take the world down a radically different path. Wouldn't be impossible with Russia or France. Or hell, Mexico.

A good Harold Godwinson survives TL, I mean there is one but it updates so infrequently and it has a very limited scope (still very good but very focused), I'd love to see a long term Anglo-Saxon TL.

This is a silly one but...a TL or a WI where a cure to male pattern baldness is synthesized in the present-day United States. That person's company would swamp Apple in terms of demand. The TL could read like a tell-all book on the rise and fall of the person who made the cure and their company. It would detail how the cure was found, corporate backstabbings, murder, trade deals, tariffs, foreign competitors trying to make knockoffs, that kind of thing. Maybe even how it would influence global economics. It would be a more lighthearted TL than most of the stuff on the sight. Call it "I'm not just the CEO, I'm a customer".

The a small nation surrounded by big nations them getting crushed is argeably the natural course of history.

True, but Germany was not a single state for quite some time. Arguably the Netherlands could have used the power they wielded for some time to make an attempt at dominating north-west Germany and perhaps becoming one of the leading German states. Of course, at that point it's barely the Netherlands we know anymore..

A timeline where the Hapsburgs are crushed under the Franco-Turkish alliance in the 1500s and sees both states essentially carve the old Roman Empire into two spheres, the Francosphere and Turkosphere.

Bonus points if you can somehow get this alliance to basically claim the mantle of old Western and Eastern Rome and embrace it wholesale.

Reminds me of tormsen's Spanish Intervention in Imjin War-TL where France and the Ottoman Empire (and the the Triple Union (Poland-Lithuania-Russia)² are the dominant powers in Europe and divided in the 17th century most of the HRE between among each other.

The second one could be quite fascinating. What movie is the first blockbuster in this timeline? Or does film take an entirely different route? What happens to the science fiction genre without Star Wars? If Fox goes under (as it likely would have), how does that change the media ecosystem more generally?

Has that really not been done?
There were already a couple early blockbusters before Star Wars IIRC; Jaws came out in 1975. I think the best way to not have Star Wars is for George Lucas get to do Flash Gordon. I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet. I can already see some interesting effects from this just in 1977. Smokey and the Bandit would be the top grossing film of 1977 ceteris paribus, but Close Encounters of the Third Kind was close behind. With Richard Dreyfuss starring in Clouse Encounters, it might end up on top for that year.

Agreed. The were once the greatest economic power of the day and enjoyed their 15 minutes to the full, but are so underrated.
I point to the conspiracy that the British are behind this! They still despise their enemies across the Sea!

Actually the whole period from the Burgundian Netherlands to the Golden Age of the Republic of the 7 United Netherlands the Low Countries were doing quite well.

@ M Adolphe Thiers: Habsburg bias? Don't exaggerate, they might be a bit more popular, but don't always perform well either.
Furthermore Valois-Burgundy TL's technically also are Capetian TL's. :)

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
A Dutch dominated India would be interesting. A Dutch dominated South Africa as well. Military Expansionist Switzerland would be cool. Something on the Sonderbund War could be interesting.

On a personal note I really want to write my Czolgosz timeline, but I don't think I'd be able to do it right (Lack of time and readily available resources).

TFSmith121

Banned
Canada et Acadie Francais...

Canada et Acadie Francais...

Basically, they hang on throughout the 1700s (no conquest; Wolfe trips getting off the ship or something) and then become independent in the aftermath of the revolution in France in 1795 or so, with friendly relations with the US...

The relationships between the US, Canada et Acadie, and Mexico over the next couple of centuries would be interesting.

One can hope better than those between India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh over the past half century+, but still interesting...

A "French America/Little Europe/settler state/daughter culture" on a continental scale would be interesting to explore. Une Quebec Grande, basically...

Plus, Leonard Cohen and Celine Dion singing Hallelujah in French.;)

Best,