What TL hasn't been done that you would like to read?

I wouldn't mind some well-written Byzantine TLs that are set within the 650-1050 period. That area seems to be largely forgotten, although to be fair easily accessible and in English Byzantine historiography also comparatively neglects that period in favor of earlier or latter periods, as do the TLs on this board.

The Mauricians
Isaac's Empire 2.0

3. Surviving, Christian Kingdom of Kongo.

My TL (sig) will have that in it.

An actual god-to earnest timeline epic that goes into great detail a world without Islam.

This. So much this. There have been attempts, and many of them have even been quite promising, but they always stall out for one reason or another. It's a shame.

This. So much this. There have been attempts, and many of them have even been quite promising, but they always stall out for one reason or another. It's a shame.

Myself and John5577 were working on one, by it stalled out due to lack of time. If anyone wants to help is restart it, I'm sure we could share our notes.

Persians win war in Greece

Hard to do, even though the POD is so plausible. You'd have to completely reimagine western civilization!

I would love to see an Iroquois League wank, because why not? It would be awesome to see a viable League successfully stand up to Euro-American expansion.

Also, a Gnostic timeline (especially the Bogomils or Cathars) would be fun. It doesn't have to be a wank, I just find it so fascinating.

I wonder if the Cathars hadn't been eliminated, but instead remained repressed for a few hundred years, whether they could have been to New France what the Quakers and Puritans were to OTL English colonies. That would be interesting.

Feel free to PM Biden and I then. I'm sure we can help in return.

To be honest, I haven't really been working on one, though once summer hits I have no idea what I might be doing with all my free time. I'd help where I can, though. Didn't you leave a gigantic info-dump on the time period in one attempt at this TL? It was pretty awesome, and it would still be very useful.

Found it. It goes on for quite a few pages.

I have always wanted to see...

1) a timeline in which Cromwell's Commonwealth survives (in some form) to the modern era.

2) a timeline in which enlightened absolutism survives as a credible doctrine that dominates Europe to the modern era, or at least as a competitor to democracy.

Ideally a timeline which somehow achieved both would be amazing.

Viva La Emperor!

One where Napoleon gets removed from Saint Helena and takes up the offer of Thomas Cochrane and the rebels in Pernambuco to lead in South America, facing European interventions to retake their colonies and get back at Napoleon, other revolutionaries resenting him stealing their thunder and challenging him, and managing to overcome them, with the help of Joseph coaxed from New Jersey exile with the treasuries he took with him...

Ten Thousand Lieutenant Onodas

The Nazis take Moscow, but become bogged down in an endless Eastern Front meat grinder trying to hold down the rest of the USSR and though Stalin is killed, Zhukov takes over and is more competent, meaning by 1945, both dictatorships have burned each other out and the US uses its atomic bombs on Germany, not Japan. The US, having used up its working a bombs, invades Japan, but without OTL Operation Olympic's...dubious use of tac nukes. The Japanese fiercely defend the Home Islands, what is left of the USSR is too bloodied to invade Manchuria and Hokkaido, and many Japanese forces hold islands in the Pacific and Indochina and the East Indies, leading to a drawn out Pacific War, and Japanese military holdouts controlling islands in the Pacific and Southeast Asia long after the Home Islands finally crumble, well into the nineteen sixties and beyond...

- A good, fleshed out timeline which involves both a Mississipian and Amazonian situation, and which mentions their interactions (probably not long before Europeans reach the New World.

- A Great Zimbabwe TL.

- Timeline about a Buddhist Indonesia.

- A Migration-period Slav-wank.

- Russia not united by Muscovy.
- Mongolized(?) Russia

- a Christianized Khanate

1 Doable but it depends on the POD

2 ASB or at least really difficult, the Mongols basically kept the Russian states and while you did see intermarriage between the Rurikids and Borjigins, the Mongols and other subject people never made an attempt to settle

3 Sartaq Khan survives or a khan converts to Orthodoxy

1. A TL with a strong Sweden, thus no Rus'. Implications of no united Euro-Sibeiran state.
2. A TL where eastern Europe is settled by Germanic tribes, not Slavs.

1 Not to sure, it's uncertain how or if the story of Rurik is true. Regardless I believe he was some kind of adventurer, so we could see a slavic sate.

2 What could keep the Germanic tribes from going westward, and instead go east

What I myself have been thinking of taking a crack is Ivan the Terrible being killed by a Livonian prisoner and his son Ivan Ivanovich taking over. My only concern is that story true, and I don't know much about Ivan Ivanovich.

2 What could keep the Germanic tribes from going westward, and instead go east
I think no Hunnic Empire should do the trick. This also means they aren't forced west into the Roman Empire, which means longer survival of the RE.

Here's a few idea's that I've had...

1. Elizabeth Bathory marries Henry III of France

2. Emperor Charles VI died without issue, paving the way for Charles Albert to become Holy Roman Emperor and details the reign of his line on the Imperial Throne.

3. Catherine Howard bore Henry VIII a daughter named Jane (parentage later questioned) who ultimately retained her place in the English succession for herself and her descendants.

4. Gabrielle d'Estrées lived to marry Henri IV of France, making her son César the future King of France and explores his reign.

5. One of Anne of Great Britain's daughter's survives infancy and inherits the crown, I even had a title for this TL 'The British Oldenburg'

Sabot Cat

Banned
One where the American revolutionary war is crushed, the founding fathers are hung like dogs and the British successfully ensure that the colonies never rebel again. I don't think that's been done. Could be interesting.

Interesting ideas. The only AH American revolution TLs that I have seen involve the Revolutionary War being avoided through diplomacy.

Have I got a plausible, well-written AH classic that spans nearly two centuries for you both. :D

Huayna Capac survives his case of smallpox and preserves order in the Inca empire, despite 40-50% of the population dying. When Pizarro arrives, he gets wiped out and is never heard from again.

Using captured spaniard technology and horses, Capac begins updating the Inca army...

Exit: in reality this wouldn't happen, since horses would be useless to the Inca and they had no knowledge of gunpowder.

Last edited:
I'd like to see an Ojibwa wank. They fought the Iroquois and Sioux successfully, so I'll bet they could be a force to reckon with it in alternate timeline.