What TL hasn't been done that you would like to read?

Or how about a pop culture Timeline where Star Wars never existed.

Isn't that the premise of Darths and Droids? :p

A timeline in which the Green Sahara phase in the Saharan Pump is restarted once more during Antiquity, ensuring that by approx. 1500 AD or so the Sahara is no longer a desert.

Another idea I'd love to see would be to see what if the Valois dynasty, rather than the Habsburgs, ascended the Spanish throne, forming a Franco-Spanish Personal Union in the 1500s. Such a state would undoubtably dominate Europe in a way that wouldn't have been seen in nearly a millennia. It would be fascinating to see a China like situation in Europe develop in the early modern era.

Hmm. I'll have to study both of these further.

An actual god-to earnest timeline epic that goes into great detail a world without Islam.

Age of the Elephant, check it out!

A timeline where Canada becomes most powerful nation in the world, and goes into space.

That's OTL. :p

The Inca manage to repel the Spanish via your choice of POD, resulting in the rise of a European scramble to trade in arms, technology, and goods with the Incans for gold akin to the East India Companies. West India Companies?

The Ottoman Empire in a world with no Timur/Ottoman Interregnum

The results of European states employing or forcing Portugal-style heavy colonization on the demographics and history of the regions of the world

I'd like to see a TL with a wanked ragusa. A TL where ibadi becomes more widespread or a wanked oman would be also nice.

Now that I think of it, are there any TLs where the Romans are on bad terms with Georgia?

Avitus's the house of palaiologos: against the tide. Georgia isnt exactly friendly with eastern rome, but they arent hostile either.

To second:
Anything focused on Christianity in Asia east of the Byzantines.

Oh, and Manichaeanism. And the Yazidis. And all the religions of the Middle East, pre-Islamic or otherwise.

A good Harold Godwinson survives TL, I mean there is one but it updates so infrequently and it has a very limited scope (still very good but very focused), I'd love to see a long term Anglo-Saxon TL.
- A good, fleshed out timeline which involves both a Mississipian and Amazonian situation, and which mentions their interactions (probably not long before Europeans reach the New World.

- A Great Zimbabwe TL.

And to add different Russias with early PODs, such as Peter the Great dying in childhood, and Kiev wank.

Hellenism rather than Rome.

Are there any ATLs on an independent black country in America? I think that would be interesting, especially if it came about during the 20th century.

I'd like to see an in-depth timeline concerning a Pacific Island culture, particularly in Melanesia or Micronesia. There have been a couple of good starts, but neither seems to have lasted - I'd love to see one carried through.

Tu'i Tonga Empire TL, Tonga manages to create a stronger hold over the Pacific and expand westward onto New Guinea and Australia and trade in Indonesia.

Zen Judaism

Catherine the Great decides that the Pale of settlement will be the far east not the far west. All Jews are sent to Siberia where a syncretic Judaism and Zen Buddaism evolves and spreads over Asia.

The Inca manage to repel the Spanish via your choice of POD, resulting in the rise of a European scramble to trade in arms, technology, and goods with the Incans for gold akin to the East India Companies. West India Companies?

You should check out Guns of the Tawantinsuya.

Are there any ATLs on an independent black country in America? I think that would be interesting, especially if it came about during the 20th century.

I think O Renascimiento de un Imperio featured superpower Portugal backing independent black/indian states in Georgia and Florida, IIRC. They're not the focus by any means but they do feature pretty prominently.

I always wanted to read how a surviving Russian Empire or a republic of some sort that manage to survive instead of Soviet Union would fare in a "Great Game" against USA in the OTL's Cold War era. But timelines with a surviving Russia tend to end in the 20's, not reaching even WWII time frame.
Also it would be good to see a TL where Lithuania, Tver, Novgorod or some other russian principality beats Muscovy in unifying Russia. A surviving Novgorod would be great too.

- A good, fleshed out timeline which involves both a Mississipian and Amazonian situation, and which mentions their interactions (probably not long before Europeans reach the New World.

- A Great Zimbabwe TL.

- Timeline about a Buddhist Indonesia.

- A Migration-period Slav-wank.

The Guns of the Monomotapa fits the bill nicely. It's old (and brief) but good.

I'd also really like to see a timeline about a surviving and thriving Swahili civilization where they become even larger players in Africa and the Indian Ocean region in general.

Last edited:
a revolutionary war that wipes out 80% of americas population with all native americans staying neutural (Iroquois also dont go into cival war) you decide if america beats the indians or with the time can the indians become a great nation

byzantine and sassinid vs mongols

a larger trotsky exile that leads 10,000 loyals to some country

and if all of the english isles became rome (including Ireland) and rises to power

I've given thought that a DBWI TL of JFK being assassinated would be interesting. That is to say, someone from a TL where JFK lived writing what would be the OTL based on the POD, and being off the mark and falling into AH tropes and pitfalls. I'm too lazy to do it, but I have given thought to Jackie Kennedy becoming Hillary Clinton and becoming president herself. We know that would not, nor did it happen. But an ATL may assume the change in personality could make it happen. And we ourselves assume every Kennedy that can run will run.

A more powerful and possibly westernized Oman/Zanzibar. Kind of the forgotten regional power of the Indian Ocean historically. I would absolutely love to see an Oman wank.

TFSmith121

Banned
Looks good to me...

Shoulda paid more attention as I skimmed the topic. :eek:

I've developed my own butterfly-resistant version:

-Acadia's Upheaval cancelled due to lack of freedom to do so after Fort Beausejour holds on against Monckton in 1755,
-Acadians getting pissy and rebelling after Louisbourg and Ile-Royal is conquered in 1758, diverting valuable troops to containing it,
-The Plains of Abraham being a glorious defensive victory,
-Montcalm going on a surprise offensive and capturing Acadia in 1760-1761 replacing Montreal's fall due to a forward base in Beausejour and the restless Acadians being a vital fifth column,
-French conquest of St. John's stays due to British naval interests being elsewhere and Canada barring Louisbourg being a lost cause.

Meanwhile Americans capture upstate NY and the Northwest/Southwest Territories as per reality. Cue the Peace of Paris of 1763 with British North America and French North America being the actual 1783 USA-Canada border, Newfoundland, Acadia, and Cape Breton returned to France, Florida becoming British, Louisiana becoming Spanish to replace Florida, and Rupert's Land staying British.

Then in 1783 the American Revolution happens and Suffren stays in Rupert's Land rather than merely raiding it. Too valuable and strategic to let Britain keep since the rest of OTL Canada is French. So it goes to France come 1783.

Territory-wise I suppose this means America deals with French North America than British and Britain is far friendlier to America due to the need to cooperate with the old mother country against their traditional rivals (French Canada, France).

Looks good to me...

My guess is that with a Franco-American alliances against Britain in 1778-83, then the relationship between les Canadiens and Americans would actually be pretty positive; not quite Australia-New Zealand, but close.

The opportunities to explore a "French" daughter society without the racial issues of Algeria or New Caledonia would be interesting, as well.

Population is probably going to be less than historical, but an independent Canada (after 1799, or so, maybe?) is likely to have more open doors to emigrants from (Catholic) Europe earlier than historical, and there very well could be fairly significant emigration from Italy and Spain, akin to the numbers that went to Argentina, historically.

Be fun to see a Canadian take it on, as something more interesting than the usual "more English than the English" sort of approach...

Best,