Status
Not open for further replies.
Hooray for maple plantations! Maple syrup, maple sugar, maple taffy.

Though I hope they don't kill off the black maple, since it can also be used to make maple syrup (then again, they aren't in it's growing area yet, so far as I can tell.)

Any discussion on the developments?

Could you please add updated maps sometime?

I think I've made it clear I hate making maps but I'll try soon.

Maple syrup, maple sugar, maple taffy.

Well they already had those for a while now.

I dunno maybe Maple products will become so widespread that Sugarcane won't be as big a driving force for colonization as it was if some of the Sugar Maple trees get transplanted in Europe (though that will probably be centuries in the future).

black maple

The black maple is virtually indistinguishable from Sugar Maple unless put under extreme observation.

That and there should be patches of woods here and there.

Any discussion on the developments?

Well they already had those for a while now.

I dunno maybe Maple products will become so widespread that Sugarcane won't be as big a driving force for colonization as it was if some of the Sugar Maple trees get transplanted in Europe (though that will probably be centuries in the future).

The black maple is virtually indistinguishable from Sugar Maple unless put under extreme observation.

That and there should be patches of woods here and there.
I really love the concept of a world where the vikings had enough time to set up so much maple sugar production that Caribbean and Brazilian sugar are, at most, an underdeveloped competitor industry.

Sorry, but thank you. I love your story, it's just really hard to juggle all the names for places. I'm horrible at maps, and am trying to put together an ASB with a geologically-forced (Skippy the ASB gets ornery), POD, I too am swearing about just the concept.

I really love the concept of a world where the vikings had enough time to set up so much maple sugar production that Caribbean and Brazilian sugar are, at most, an underdeveloped competitor industry.

Eh, in the future they'll probably get big. Just not going to be a long while until they're economical, then Beet sugar will probably be invented not too long relatively speaking afterwards.

So while in a Industrialized society like ours Beet Sugar/Cane sugar will probably be the Norm though Maple Syrup/Sugar will be far more common than it is now with 'orchards' all across the world where the temperatures are right for it.

Eh, in the future they'll probably get big. Just not going to be a long while until they're economical, then Beet sugar will probably be invented not too long relatively speaking afterwards.

So while in a Industrialized society like ours Beet Sugar/Cane sugar will probably be the Norm though Maple Syrup/Sugar will be far more common than it is now with 'orchards' all across the world where the temperatures are right for it.
And then, rather clownishly, someone STILL breeds the sugar beet, because they want to enter this pissing contest over who produces the sweeteners too.

Even though they could just grow maples, in all likelihood.

Status
Not open for further replies.