The Goose Stepping Redcoats - The History of the House of Brandenburg in Britain

Preface
Cover Art.png

PREFACE

I would begin by expressing my gratitude to everyone in this vibrant and knowledgeable community for encouraging and inspiring me to actualise this idea. As a long-time alternate history hobbyist, I have been reading forum discussions and stories for a few years. I always want to write my own timeline and have compiled a long list of ideas which I wish I would have the chance to share with you in the future.

British history has always been a common trope on this forum, with a great focus on the War of Roses, the Tudor Period, and the Victorian Era. What is often overlooked is the long 18th century which is intriguing in its own way. The influence of this period on the course of the 19th and 20th centuries cannot be understated since it was a pivotal period in the foundation of the British Empire. The Royal Navy gained primacy in the seven seas. Its victory over France in the Seven Years’ War not only hastened the conquest of large swathes of North America and India but also consolidated its position as the unrivalled global hegemon. Domestically, this era brought revolutionary changes to the political and economic lives. The parliamentary system stabilised and accumulated much power, effectively performing its function to check the monarch’s powers. An independent cabinet system also emerged, where ministers were no longer solely the monarch's right-hand men but became answerable to elected delegates. It was said that the power dynamic between the crown and the ruling class had reached a peaceful equilibrium following the violent bloodletting of the 17th century. The creation of financial institutions like the Bank of England represented early forms of capitalism which paved the way to the industrial revolution. A new educated and prosperous merchant class appeared in cities like London where its ports were connected to markets as far as India and China.

The geopolitics of the European Continent also shifted drastically over the course of the century. In sharp contrast to Britain, the inability of the French ruling class to embrace substantial political and economic reforms resulted in the downfall of the absolute monarchy in 1789. The revolutionary wars that came after consumed much of Europe for twenty years. In Germany, the internal balance of power was shattered as the preeminence of Austria in the Holy Roman Empire was challenged by a rising Prussia which had transformed into a centralised and efficient military machine. Prussian victories in 1742, 1745 and 1763 confirmed its status as a great power which eventually led to the German unification. Contrary, Austria’s surprising defeats marked the beginning of its long decline, cumulating in its complete expulsion from Germany altogether in 1866. Poland, the Netherlands, and Sweden, once well-respected powers in the 17th century, were knocked off the pedestal. On the other hand, Russia, once regarded as a half-Asian blackwater state on the fringes of civilised Europe, rose to become an Eastern giant through its aggressive conquests in Northeastern Europe and the Ukraine. Its menace could be felt as far as London and Paris. There were also visible changes in European societies. Enlightened philosophers and their ideals reshaped administration and their emphasis on reason laid the intellectual groundwork for common notions of liberty and democracy; The feudal political structure inherited from the Middle Ages was supplanted by a centralised bureaucracy which diminished the powers and privileges of the nobility; Advances in weaponry and tactics made it possible to field larger armies; And the ever-changing alliances, known as the ‘Stately Quadrille’, made politics unpredictable and thrilling.

In such an eventual century, there is no doubt countless points of divergence that could alter the course of history, whether it may be the outcome of a battle or the survival of a monarch. I hope to explore an alternate 18th century, but taking the road less travelled, rather than indulging in another timeline about a French victory in the Five Years’ War [1] or the American Rebellion [2]. Writing an alternate history story about Britain in the 18th century is a less popular choice, probably because it was less dramatic than, for example, Henry VIII and his wives, or the epic struggle between Yorkists and Lancastrians. Nevertheless, it was a significant period which serves as the premise of my timeline. I want to imagine an alternate Britain and Europe but with a different king, dynasty, and empire.

For me, it is best to describe history as a combination of overarching trends and individual contingencies. It was never a deterministic flow of a river or a teleological progress. Unexpected events and their unintended consequences have caught the attention of historians for centuries. Although the ‘great men’ narrative of history has fallen out of fashion in academia, it still holds a grain of truth as often decisions made by an individual at a decisive moment will leave a lasting impact. Reading history with a counterfactual lens offers a profound joy, for it unveils the notion that past events were not predetermined. Countless twists and turns, no matter how minor, had the potential to alter everything—a single drop of ink in a vast glass of water. This story is a prime example of this historiography, as it begins with the death of a young German prince in the Netherlands which kickstarted an unstoppable domino chain. The actors in London and Berlin will be closely examined and analysed, and the perspectives from Paris, Vienna and Saint Petersburg will also be discussed. In this intricate web of alliances and rivalries, leaders seldom acted in a vacuum, as their actions were responses to the wider political context they were in. My ultimate goal in this project is to explain how British diplomacy influenced Continental Europe and vice versa.

Although I have read quite a few academic journals and books to familiarise myself with the geopolitics of this era by the time I am writing this, my historical knowledge is still cursory at best, so your input is greatly appreciated. The beginning years of my timeline will mostly align with OTL but it will take a more drastic divergence once the pre-PoD generation passes away. Nevertheless, I will limit the butterfly effects to maintain some form of semblance with our world. I will try to balance historical consistency and creativity to make this timeline fun to read. You are welcome to provide suggestions to improve this timeline. I know some fellow writers on this forum have used the same premise before, but I hope to give the most detailed and realistic rendering.

As a side note, I used the name ‘Brandenburg’ rather than the more popular term ‘Hohenzollern’ for my timeline title since the former is a more fitting name for a British royal house. In OTL, the House of Hanover is originally called the Welfs in Germany but George I adopted the electoral name in 1715 when he ascended the British throne. As the Hohenzollern Kings of Prussia were the Electors of Brandenburg, I assume they would take up their electoral name too [3].

I would like to give my special thanks to @Earl Marshal for his “Pride Goes Before a Fall: A Revolutionary Greece Timeline” and @Gwrtheyrn Annwn for his “So Evident a Danger”. Your works are a great inspiration.

Anyway, it is time for me to start putting my ideas on paper, but before that, here is the list of academic journals and books I have relied on. I will update the list when I progress further.

Books
  1. ‘The Hanoverians: The History of a Dynasty’ (2004), Jeremy Black, Continuum
  2. ‘The Hapsburg and Hohenzollern Dynasties in the Seventeenth and Eighteenth Centuries’ (1970) C A Macartney, Macmillan
  3. ‘The Whig Supremacy 1714 - 1760’ (1949) Basil Williams, Oxford
  4. ‘The Quest for Security 1715 - 1740’ (1963) Penfield Roberts, Harper

Academic Journals
  1. ‘George I and Peter the Great after the Peace of Nystad’ (Apr 1911), J F Chance, The English Historical Review Vol 26
  2. ‘Parliament and Foreign Policy in the Age of Stanhope and Walpole’ (Jan 1962), C G Gibbs, The English Historical Review Vol 77
  3. ‘Hanover and British Foreign Policy’ 1714-60 (Apr 2005) Jeremy Black, The English Historical Review Vol 120
  4. ‘Britain's Foreign Alliances in the Eighteenth Century’ (1988), Jeremy Black, Albion: A Quarterly Journal Concerned with British Studies Vol 20
  5. ‘Parliament and Foreign Policy 1689-1714’ (Oct 1953), M A Thompson, History Vol 38
  6. ‘British Neutrality in the War of the Polish Succession’ (Aug 1986), Jeremy Black, The International History Review Vol 8

Notes:
[1]: The Seven Years’ War
[2]: The American Revolution
[3]: The ‘House of Brandenburg’ as a historical term was also used in Prussian and German historiography. For example, Frederick II had referred to the ‘survival’ of Prussia during the Seven Years War as the ‘Miracle of the House of Brandenburg’ (‘Mirakel des Hauses Brandenburg’)

Next: Prelude — Problems and Patterns

Last edited:
View attachment 851467
PREFACE

I would start by expressing my gratitude to everyone in this vibrant and knowledgeable community for encouraging me to actualise this idea and providing me with ideas. I have been a long-time alternate history hobbyist, reading forum discussions and story series for a few years. I always wanted to write my own alternate history timeline and had compiled a long list of ideas which I wish I will have the time to share with you in the future.

British history has always been a common trope on this forum, with a great focus on the War of Roses and the Tudor Period, as well as the Victorian Era of the 19th century. The long 18th century is my favourite era as the events that unfolded during that time influenced the course of the 19th and 20th centuries. British victory in the Seven Year’s War consolidated its position as a global maritime power and set the stage for its colonial and imperialistic expansion; Mismanagement in France’s finances and governance resulted in the downfall of the absolute monarchy in 1789; Prussian victories in 1742, 1745 and 1763 confirmed its status as a great power which eventually led to the German unification; Similarly, Austrian failures in retaking Silesia from Prussia marked the beginning of its long decline as the leading Central European power; Enlightened philosophers and their ideals reshaped governance and their emphasis on reason provided the intellectual groundwork for common notions of liberty and democracy; The feudal political structure was replaced with a centralised bureaucracy which diminished the powers and privileges of the nobility; Advances in weaponry and tactics resulted in larger battles; And the ever-changing alliances made geopolitics volatile and interesting. In such an eventual and impactful century, there is no doubt countless points of divergence which can change the course of history, whether it may be the outcome of a battle or the survival or death of a monarch. I want to explore an alternate 18th century, but by taking the road less travelled, rather than indulging in writing another timeline about France winning the Seven Years’ War or the American Rebellion [1]. British history in the 18th century was often thought to be less remarkable. While it is true that it was less dramatic and eventful than the wife-killings and civil wars in the 16 and 17th centuries, it is nevertheless a significant period in the country’s history which serves as the premise of this timeline – I want to imagine about an alternate Britain and Europe, with a different king, dynasty, and empire.

Although I have read quite a few academic journals and books to familiarise myself with the geopolitics of this era by the time I am writing this, my historical knowledge is still cursory at best and your input is largely appreciated. The beginning years of my timeline will largely align with OTL but it will take a more drastic divergence once the pre-PoD generation passed away. Nevertheless, I will limit the butterfly effects here and there to maintain some form of semblance with our world. I will try to balance historical consistency and creativity to make this timeline interesting to read. You are welcome to provide suggestions to improve this timeline. I know that there are already a few timelines sharing the same premise, but I hope to give the most detailed and realistic retelling.

As a side note, I used the name ‘Brandenburg’ rather than the more popular term ‘Hohenzollern’ for my timeline title since the former is a more fitting name for a British royal house. In OTL, the House of Hanover is originally called the Welfs in Germany but George I adopted the electoral name as the name of their royal house in 1715 when he ascended the British throne. As the Hohenzollern kings of Prussia were the Electors of Brandenburg, I assume they would take up their electoral name too [2].

I would like to give my special thanks to @Earl Marshal for his “Pride Goes Before a Fall: A Revolutionary Greece Timeline” and @MrMano for his “Sons of Flanders, Sons of Bearn: A 7YW Timeline”. Your works are a great inspiration.

Anyway, it is time for me to start putting my ideas on paper, but before that, here is the list of academic journals and books I have relied on. I will update the list when I progress further.

Books
i. ‘The Hanoverians: The History of a Dynasty’ (2004), Jeremy Black, Continuum​
ii. ‘The Hapsburg and Hohenzollern Dynasties in the Seventeenth and Eighteenth Centuries’ (1970) C A Macartney, Macmillan​
iii. ‘Republican Learning: John Toland and the Crisis of Christian Culture, 1696–1722’ (2018), Justin Champion, Manchester University​

Academic Journals
i. ‘George I and Peter the Great after the Peace of Nystad’ (Apr 1911), J F Chance, The English Historical Review Vol 26​
ii. ‘Parliament and Foreign Policy in the Age of Stanhope and Walpole’ (Jan 1962), C G Gibbs, The English Historical Review Vol 77​
iii. ‘Hanover and British Foreign Policy’ 1714-60 (Apr 2005) Jeremy Black, The English Historical Review Vol 120​
iv. ‘Britain's Foreign Alliances in the Eighteenth Century’ (1988), Jeremy Black, Albion: A Quarterly Journal Concerned with British Studies Vol 20​
v. ‘Parliament and Foreign Policy 1689-1714’ (Oct 1953), M A Thompson, History Vol 3'​
vi. ‘British Neutrality in the War of the Polish Succession’ (Aug 1986), Jeremy Black, The International History Review Vol 8​

Notes:
[1]: The American Revolution
[2]: The name ‘House of Brandenburg’ was also occasionally used in German historiography. For example, Frederick II referred to the survival of Prussia during the Seven Years War as the ‘Miracle of the House of Brandenburg’ (‘Mirakel des Hauses Brandenburg’)

as the initial premise is fantastic, it will be very interesting to see how it will mix and influence the different visions and interests of Great Britain and Prussia - Brandenburg ( on the one hand a state that is focused on the Navy and on maintaining the Status Quo in the balance of the power ( in his favor ) on the other one that it is based on the existence of a strong military apparatus to ensure its own survival and that Otl has developed important ambitions on the continent ( in Germany ), but which already existed long before his so-called "rise" from 1740 onwards ) I'm really curious to see how all this will affect the two kingdoms and their relations with the other European powers ( France and Austria above all )

Last edited:
more likely to be the house of Prussia, unless your POD is that the Electress Sophia dithers too long responding to William III's offer and he skips over her (and the house of Hannover) to her daughter, the Queen of Prussia.
I had thought of using the 'House of Prussia' but I find it too weird. On the other hand, Spain calls the Hapsburgs the 'House of Austria'.

One thing I would like to mention before you get too deep into this, and you can feel free to ignore this if you want. This is just me explaining some of my initial thoughts.

I think it'd be a lot easier for a union between Britain and Prussia to break than it would to have it survive, simply because their interests are so different. Prussia is a land power built around having the best army on the continent at the time. It's essentially a Sweden 2.0. Britain is a naval power. I'm not sure Britain would be so interested in constantly fighting Prussia's continental wars. There's also a big cultural and linguistic gap between the German Prussians and the English. However, it's not impossible for such a union to last, especially since they'd still have Hanover, correct?

Another thing to keep in mind is that with both Brandenburg-Prussia and Hanover, Frederick the Great would control two electorates and a decent chunk of northern Germany, as well as a large overseas empire with Britain. This Brandenburgian Empire would have an interesting dynamic with Austria to say the least...

Of course, I'm no expert, and you don't have to listen to anything I say.
1692653808417.png

Also here's a rough map of what Frederick would inherit.

Prussia would not be inheriting Hanover. Hanover used semi-salic law, and so would go to whoever was the nearest male-descent relative (unless none were available).

How would they still have Hanover? It wouldn't pass to the Hohenzollerns, but to the Duke of York and Albany for just over a year. In my Hohenzollerns of Britain TL, I had Maximilian William survive and press his claim after the death of the Duke of York even though he'd been excluded from succession and the Heir was Ferdinand Albert and the Brunswicks.

.I think it'd be a lot easier for a union between Britain and Prussia to break than it would to have it survive, simply because their interests are so different. Prussia is a land power built around having the best army on the continent at the time. It's essentially a Sweden 2.0. Britain is a naval power. I'm not sure Britain would be so interested in constantly fighting Prussia's continental wars. There's also a big cultural and linguistic gap between the German Prussians and the English. However, it's not impossible for such a union to last, especially since they'd still have Hanover, correct?

Another thing to keep in mind is that with both Brandenburg-Prussia and Hanover, Frederick the Great would control two electorates and a decent chunk of northern Germany, as well as a large overseas empire with Britain. This Brandenburgian Empire would have an interesting dynamic with Austria to say the least...

View attachment 851552
Prussia could be Britain's useful proxy on the Continent. Although Britain was reluctant to engage in Continental conflicts and had no intention of Continental expansion, it still had to maintain the balance of power on the Continent (For example funding Maria Theresa in the War of the Austrian Succession to fight France). A well-equipped and trained Prussian army could be a deterrence to other powers (Britain will bankroll the Prussian army). With the Prussian army on Britain's side, an alliance with Britain may be more attractive in the eyes of foreign powers.

Anyway, I plan to have Frederick to be raised in Britain and therefore was more interested in commerce than aggressive expansion. Prussian economy could take off sooner than OTL.

Hanover would go to Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel according to Salic Law (with Austrian support since Empress Elizabeth Christine is from the Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel family), but I envision a partition in which Frederick William I got Saxe-Lauenburg and Bremen-Verden (for North Sea access, and the latter is conquered territory so it may legally justifiable) and guaranteed Julich-Berg in exchange of giving up claims to the Electorate.

The inclusion of Hanover into this personal union would make the King's continental possessions too large to manage. The parliament would not be convinced.

as the initial premise is fantastic, it will be very interesting to see how it will mix and influence the different visions and interests of Great Britain and Prussia - Brandenburg ( on the one hand a state that is focused on the Navy and on maintaining the Status Quo in the balance of the power ( in his favor ) on the other one that it is based on the existence of a strong military apparatus to ensure its own survival and that Otl has developed important ambitions on the continent ( in Germany ), but which already existed long before his so-called "rise" from 1740 onwards ) I'm really curious to see how all this will affect the two kingdoms and their relations with the other European powers ( France and Austria above all )
I plan to give the Emden Company (or anything equivalent) a better chance to succeed.

Last edited:
I just thought of this: In Chapter 1 Part 2 I will talk about Elector George (future George I) and his brother Ernst Augustus' marriage (at the insistence of their mother Electress Sophia), I will not tell you who George would remarry yet, but for his younger brother I have two ideas.

Initially, I planned to match Ernst August with Marie Louise of Hesse-Kassel, who in OTL was married to John William Friso of Orange. This possibly butterflies away Friso's death in 1711. Could this shorten the Second Stadtholderless Period (I am not an expert in Dutch history). Alternatively, could Ernst have married Ulrica Eleonora of Sweden, the only daughter of Charles XII? Suppose that Charles XII still died in 1718 and her daughter became Queen, how likely would we see a Hanoverian Swedish king, assuming that she still abdicated in 1720?

Last edited:
one point I would like to make is that just because a state have clear succession rules, it‘s not necessary that these rules will be accepted. Yes, Hanover should be inherited by Wolfenbüttel, but to what degree will Brandenburg accept this? This is made an even bigger mess by Saxe-Lauenburg (1689) and Bremen-Verden (1715/1719) not gained through Salic law. I would suggest that Hanover would be divided with Lüneburg, Bremen-Verden, and Saxe-Lauenburg going to Brandenburg, while Wolfenbüttel would get Calenberg, Hoya, Grubenhagen, the co-rulership of Osnabrück, and the elector title.

hannoverhist.gif

There is a few reason why I see this happening, foremost that the emperor can’t afford to alienate UK and to lesser extent Prussia in this period. It also make a lot of sense for both UK and Prussia to secure access which can‘t easily be cut off. If this doesn’t happen a lot of British foreign policy will be about ensure an even more pro-British Denmark-Norway, because Copenhagen can cut off Prussia from UK.

Also if UK and Prussia accept Wolfenbüttel inherits all of Hanover, we would likely see both Denmark-Norway and Sweden look hungrily at Bremen-Verden (and Saxe-Lauenburg in case of Denmark), which both had historically claimed and which Denmark only gave up to Hanover because the elector of Hanover was also British king, and UK guaranteed the Danish annexation of Schleswig-Gottorp. Denmark may decide that it better off retaking Bremen-Verden without it being part of a union with UK.

one point I would like to make is that just because a state have clear succession rules, it‘s not necessary that these rules will be accepted. Yes, Hanover should be inherited by Wolfenbüttel, but to what degree will Brandenburg accept this? This is made an even bigger mess by Saxe-Lauenburg (1689) and Bremen-Verden (1715/1719) not gained through Salic law. I would suggest that Hanover would be divided with Lüneburg, Bremen-Verden, and Saxe-Lauenburg going to Brandenburg, while Wolfenbüttel would get Calenberg, Hoya, Grubenhagen, the co-rulership of Osnabrück, and the elector title.
I agree that Saxe-Lauenburg and Bremen-Verden would go to Brandenburg as their legal status makes an annexation easier to justify. I am less certain about Lüneburg since it would be hard to convince Walpole and the rest of the parliament to approve a drastic enlargement of the King's continental possessions. With Bremen-Verden and Saxe-Lauenburg in hand, Brandenburg could connect to the North Sea via the Elbe.

There is a few reason why I see this happening, foremost that the emperor can’t afford to alienate UK and to lesser extent Prussia in this period. It also make a lot of sense for both UK and Prussia to secure access which can‘t easily be cut off. If this doesn’t happen a lot of British foreign policy will be about ensure an even more pro-British Denmark-Norway, because Copenhagen can cut off Prussia from UK.
This only describes British diplomacy after 1731 when the Anglo-Austrian alliance was formed. In the 1720s the relations between Austria and Britain were poor. Britain was allied with France at that time while Austria was allied to Spain. Empress Elizabeth Christine's father was Louis Ruldolph of Wolfenbüttel so I doubt whether Charles VI would give a generous concession.

I agree that Saxe-Lauenburg and Bremen-Verden would go to Brandenburg as their legal status makes an annexation easier to justify. I am less certain about Lüneburg since it would be hard to convince Walpole and the rest of the parliament to approve a drastic enlargement of the King's continental possessions. With Bremen-Verden and Saxe-Lauenburg in hand, Brandenburg could connect to the North Sea via the Elbe.

It won’t be the British parliament deciding it, it will be King in Prussia using the opportunity To expand his domains.

This only describes British diplomacy after 1731 when the Anglo-Austrian alliance was formed. In the 1720s the relations between Austria and Britain were poor. Britain was allied with France at that time while Austria was allied to Spain. Empress Elizabeth Christine's father was Louis Ruldolph of Wolfenbüttel so I doubt whether Charles VI would give a generous concession.

A important thing to remember is that with the Hohenzollern the parliament may play the first violin in the concert, but the Hohenzollern are far more able to also play. Prussia was a Austrian ally at this point, so they will also have to deal with that.

It won’t be the British parliament deciding it, it will be King in Prussia using the opportunity To expand his domains.

A important thing to remember is that with the Hohenzollern the parliament may play the first violin in the concert, but the Hohenzollern are far more able to also play. Prussia was a Austrian ally at this point, so they will also have to deal with that.

I fully agree with what is written, this thing of the parliament that decides on the royal possessions ( it must be remembered that they are not under English jurisdiction but the imperial one ) is a myth ( the Otl parliament could not decide nor had any interest as regards what happened in Hanover, here he will be able to do it even less ( also because it can't ), the only one who can have the last word on the matter of Prussian expansion will be the emperor ( if Prussia agrees to recognize any pragmatic sanction or reforms to centralize/ standardize HRE government or the ever-present Habsburg attempt to gain territory in the empire ( see Bavaria or an expansion into Swabia ) but considering that Prussia will certainly use the precedent of Julich Cleve to further its cause in the eventual partition of the Brunswick-Lunenburg Territories ( Aka Electorate of Hanover )

I would also like to remind you that the Anglo-Austrian alliance is much earlier than 1731 eh !, the beginnings are found during the second half of the reign of Louis XIV, the relations between the two powers deteriorated in the twenties of the eighteenth century due to the fault of the English who with their choices they convinced many in Vienna that they were bad allies ( Hmm, I have a sort of deja vu, where have I heard all this before ? )

Last edited:
One thing I would like to mention before you get too deep into this, and you can feel free to ignore this if you want. This is just me explaining some of my initial thoughts.

I think it'd be a lot easier for a union between Britain and Prussia to break than it would to have it survive, simply because their interests are so different. Prussia is a land power built around having the best army on the continent at the time. It's essentially a Sweden 2.0. Britain is a naval power. I'm not sure Britain would be so interested in constantly fighting Prussia's continental wars. There's also a big cultural and linguistic gap between the German Prussians and the English. However, it's not impossible for such a union to last, especially since they'd still have Hanover, correct?

View attachment 851552
Missing Prussia itself and some enclaves like Cleves,Marks and Ravensberg.

Prussia could be Britain's useful proxy on the Continent. Although Britain was reluctant to engage in Continental conflicts and had no intention of Continental expansion, it still had to maintain the balance of power on the Continent (For example funding Maria Theresa in the War of the Austrian Succession to fight France). A well-equipped and trained Prussian army could be a deterrence to other powers (Britain will bankroll the Prussian army). With the Prussian army on Britain's side, an alliance with Britain may be more attractive in the eyes of foreign powers.

Anyway, I plan to have Frederick to be raised in Britain and therefore was more interested in commerce than aggressive expansion. Prussian economy could take off sooner than OTL.

Hanover would go to Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel according to Salic Law (with Austrian support since Empress Elizabeth Christine is from the Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel family), but I envision a partition in which Frederick William I got Saxe-Lauenburg and Bremen-Verden (for North Sea access, and the latter is conquered territory so it may legally justifiable) and guaranteed Julich-Berg in exchange of giving up claims to the Electorate.

The inclusion of Hanover into this personal union would make the King's continental possessions too large to manage. The parliament would not be convinced.

I plan to give the Emden Company (or anything equivalent) a better chance to succeed.
Is Freddy also more willing to sire an heir? Seems like his old man won’t be dominating him in this timeline.