Restarted With A Mouse: A Pop Culture Timeline

Cool! The design looks really Nickelodeon-ike........in fact, I'll probably say it's a bit TOO Nickelodeon-esque, unless Nick still rebrands like it did IOTL.
(Yeah Nickelodeon does still rebrand in 2009. You're happy to do your own version of a new logo for Inkblot's new frutiger metro rebrand if you like.)

I know I promised an update a few days ago and currently @Otakuninja2006 should be working on designs for Rory and the new Inkblot logo (Saturday, maybe?)

In the meantime here's a random news report I couldn't fit in with the update

Devil Rays beat Angels in 7 games to win the World Series
- ESPN

Wacko's Bluetiful Academy
Inkblot would go for a massive overall for the 2009-2010 season. Along with the previously mentioned Frutiger Metro style rebranding, the block would also introduce 3 new shows that would instantly become some of their most popular programs

TUA.jpg

Premiered on September 23, 2009

The Umbrella Academy follows a dysfunctional family of superheroes born under mysterious circumstances, trained to fight evil by a world-renown scientist named Reginald Hargraves. After years of being apart, the team must reunite when one of their own becomes a supervillain and tries to destroy the world.

Creator Gerard Way originally started out as a writer and artist for several Cartoon Network shows in the early to mid 2000's, initially pitching TUA to Adult Swim in 2004. When [as] rejected the project for being to expensive to produce, it would eventually find new life in print with Gold Key Comics publishing the first issues in late 2007. The sales and critical praise of the comic would lead to Disney offering to make a new tv series based on it for Inkblot.

BH logo.png

Premiered on September 20, 2009

Bluetiful Hearts follows an up-and-coming rock band who seem to cause trouble and chaos virtually anywhere they go due to their below average understanding of normalcy and everyday common sense. The group try everything they can to become the greatest band ever, no matter what, or more likely who the cost is.

"The thing about 'Bluetiful' was that it was a lot easier and more enjoyable to work on then 'Wacko' was for it's first season. However, CTE just always seemed to care more about Wacko than us. We just kinda were seen as the bonus like 'Ok since you bought into to Wacko within the first 20 minutes, we'll send you BH too'. It wasn't until the later season that [REDACTED] and some of the other staff tried to have more input into the show." - Anonymous Crazy Titan Employee, 2018

WP logo.png

Premiered on November 29, 2009

Created by Nia Volesky, Wacko Park revolves around the employees of a bizarre theme park owned and operated by a sentient top hat named Wally Wacko. Other colorful characters include a jester named Lizzie, a green rabbit named Max and a living ragdoll named Angelica, alongside many others. It seem like everyday at Wacko Park will start out completely normal, only to end with something absolutely bonkers happing to the gang.

"The production of 'Wacko Park' or Wacko World as it was known at the time was a goddamn mess. [REDACTED] for some odd reason decided to give one of the character a medical issue where they would have bowel problems and have several people mock them for it. Of course the vast majority of us working on it hated this idea because it isn't something the audience would want to see, but [REDACTED] was adamant on it being included. They would always say things like 'you don't understand cause you're too normal, you just just don't like it cause it isn't sunshine and rainbows, just go along with it and there will be absolutely no problems'. Early to mid '08, we have the first test screening and everyone there also hates it. And Disney, uh... Junior is pissed because he had zero knowledge that any of that was in the show and he's now threating to not air it if we don't change it. So what was supposed to be meetings to talk about possible Wacko World season 2 episodes turn in to a desperate calls to try fix Wacko Park season 1. Almost everything else was either put on hold or was at tectonic plate speed because everyone was moved to quickly hot fix Wacko so that it wouldn't completely miss the big rebrand. I heard some people surprised that the show was as good or as successful as it was, I'm more surprised that actually came out." - Anonymous Crazy Titan Employee, 2018

Inkblot 2.0 was considered by many to be a massive success. To this day, all three shows commonly associated with the rebrand still have extremely passionate fanbases and are known as some of the best shows in the block's history.

NEWS REPORTS FOR FALL 2009

Trevor Strong expresses desire to make a comeback after all his legal issues are settled in new interview
- TMZ

Chargers clinch playoff spot for the first time since 2002… In spite of themselves
- The San Diego Union-Tribune

Roy E. Disney dead at 79, several studios pay tribute
- The Los Angeles Times

Last edited:
Inkblot would go for a massive overall for the 2009-2010 season. Along with the previously mentioned Frutiger Metro style rebranding, the block would also introduce 3 new shows that would instantly become some of their most popular programs
Ok.
View attachment 898246
Premiered on September 23, 2009

The Umbrella Academy follows a dysfunctional family of superheroes born under mysterious circumstances, trained to fight evil by a world-renown scientist named Reginald Hargraves. After years of being apart, the team must reunite when one of their own becomes a supervillain and tries to destroy the world.

Creator Gerard Way originally started out as a writer and artist for several Cartoon Network shows in the early to mid 2000's, initially pitching TUA to Adult Swim in 2004. When [as] rejected the project for being to expensive to produce, it would eventually find new life in print with Gold Key Comics publishing the first issues in late 2007. The sales and critical praise of the comic would lead to Disney offering to make a new tv series based on it for Inkblot.
Awesome! Any other comics that Gold Key has aside from their classic superheroes?
View attachment 898247
Premiered on September 20, 2009

Bluetiful Hearts follows an up-and-coming rock band who seem to cause trouble and chaos virtually anywhere they go due to their below average understanding of normalcy and everyday common sense. The group try everything they can to become the greatest band ever, no matter what, or more likely who the cost is.

"The thing about 'Bluetiful' was that it was a lot easier and more enjoyable to work on then 'Wacko' was for it's first season. However, CTE just always seemed to care more about Wacko than us. We just kinda were seen as the bonus like 'Ok since you bought into to Wacko within the first 20 minutes, we'll send you BH too'. It wasn't until the later season that [REDACTED] and some of the other staff tried to have more input into the show." - Anonymous Crazy Titan Employee, 2018
How good is Bluetiful Hearts? Does this exist IOTL in some kind of form? Also where'd you get the logo?
View attachment 898248
Premiered on November 29, 2009

Created by Nia Volesky, Wacko Park revolves around the employees of a bizarre theme park owned and operated by a sentient top hat named Wally Wacko. Other colorful characters include a jester named Lizzie, a green rabbit named Max and a living ragdoll named Angelica, alongside many others. It seem like everyday at Wacko Park will start out completely normal, only to end with something absolutely bonkers happing to the gang.

"The production of 'Wacko Park' or Wacko World as it was known at the time was a goddamn mess. [REDACTED] for some odd reason decided to give one of the character a medical issue where they would have bowel problems and have several people mock them for it. Of course the vast majority of us working on it hated this idea because it isn't something the audience would want to see, but [REDACTED] was adamant on it being included. They would always say things like 'you don't understand cause you're too normal, you just just don't like it cause it isn't sunshine and rainbows, just go along with it and there will be absolutely no problems'. Early to mid '08, we have the first test screening and everyone there also hates it. And Disney, uh... Junior is pissed because he had zero knowledge that any of that was in the show and he's now threating to not air it if we don't change it. So what was supposed to be meetings to talk about possible Wacko World season 2 episodes turn in to a desperate calls to try fix Wacko Park season 1. Almost everything else was either put on hold or was at tectonic plate speed because everyone was moved to quickly hot fix Wacko so that it wouldn't completely miss the big rebrand. I heard some people surprised that the show was as good or as successful as it was, I'm more surprised that actually came out." - Anonymous Crazy Titan Employee, 2018
Holy crap....it sounds like this will probably turn to be their equivalent to Ren and Stimpy in terms of controversial content......
Inkblot 2.0 was considered by many to be a massive success. To this day, all three shows commonly associated with the rebrand still have extremely passionate fanbases and are known as some of the best shows in the block's history.
That's good.

Awesome! Any other comics that Gold Key has aside from their classic superheroes?
Gold Key has been doing well making comic adaptations of several different movies and characters, as well as Turok and Magnus still being some of the most popular original characters.

The popularity of The Umbrella Academy has lead to The Walt Disney Company looking into taking more risks with them.
How good is Bluetiful Hearts? Does this exist IOTL in some kind of form? Also where'd you get the logo?
The best way I can describe BH is that it's essentially Metalocalypse with no overarching story threads and following a pop-punk band instead of a heavy metal one. It also kinda doubles a subversive parody of those "I want to be a famous pop star shows" like Hanna Montana or Victorious.

As for the logo I used a template from some design website.
Holy crap....it sounds like this will probably turn to be their equivalent to Ren and Stimpy in terms of controversial content......
It mainly just [REDACTED] who is putting all that content into the show and Nia is usually very against it. The problem is that [REDACTED] holds a lot of power at CTE (and really Hollywood in general) so most of the time it takes someone from the networks that air their shows to get them to tone down the content.

Thankfully it hasn't effected WP and BH too much yet...…as far as most people in the RWAM universe know of in 2009

Also, are you still doing those drawings? I know I already posted the update they were initially supposed to be attached to but maybe I'll put them in a Fingerprints of Epstein-style image compilation or something.

Gold Key has been doing well making comic adaptations of several different movies and characters, as well as Turok and Magnus still being some of the most popular original characters.

The popularity of The Umbrella Academy has lead to The Walt Disney Company looking into taking more risks with them.

The best way I can describe BH is that it's essentially Metalocalypse with no overarching story threads and following a pop-punk band instead of a heavy metal one. It also kinda doubles a subversive parody of those "I want to be a famous pop star shows" like Hanna Montana or Victorious.

It mainly just [REDACTED] who is putting all that content into the show and Nia is usually very against it. The problem is that [REDACTED] holds a lot of power at CTE (and really Hollywood in general) so most of the time it takes someone from the networks that air their shows to get them to tone down the content.

Thankfully it hasn't effected WP and BH too much yet...…as far as most people in the RWAM universe know of in 2009

Also, are you still doing those drawings? I know I already posted the update they were initially supposed to be attached to but maybe I'll put them in a Fingerprints of Epstein-style image compilation or something.
I am guessing [REDACTED] will be revealed when the time is right?

I am guessing [REDACTED] will be revealed when the time is right?
[REDACTED] is supposed to be the big bad of Restarted With A Mouse, unlike in As Dreamers Do where multiple villains appear every few months. They will be exposed but that years down the road ITTL. I will say two things about their identity.

1. They have another pseudonym they use that will be discovered later on
2. They may have been introduced in this timeline before the "Dolly" post

[REDACTED] is supposed to be the big bad of Restarted With A Mouse, unlike in As Dreamers Do where multiple villains appear every few months. They will be exposed but that years down the road ITTL. I will say two things about their identity.

Oh, so once [REDACTED] is eventually revealed, they will stick around for a while?

That's good. What other new comics could Gold Key get? I see that the webcomic scene's starting to blow up. Maybe we could get some sort of webcomic thing going on?

That's cool. Who are the characters and stuff?

Oh.......do we have another John K. situation on our hands?
I should have the drawing of Rory done today ann maybe the logo.

Uh oh.

@redben12
Can I have a quick rundown of the Henson Animation filmography, so far? I just want to see how it's doing.
Sure

Henson Animation Filmography as of 2010*

Jetsons: The Movie (1990) (Produced by Hanna-Barbera)
Once Upon a Forrest (1993) (Hanna-Barbera)
Toy Story (1995) (Produced by Pixar)
Cats Don't Dance (1997) (Hanna-Barbera)
The Rugrats Movie (1998) (Distributed under the Nickelodeon Movies banner)
A Bug's Life (1998) (Pixar)
Toy Story 2 (1999) (Pixar)
The Ren & Stimpy Movie (2000) (Nickelodeon)
Rugrats in Paris (2000) (Nickelodeon)
Monsters, Inc. (2001) (Pixar)
Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius (2001) (Nickelodeon)
Hey Arnold: The Jungle Movie (2002) (Nickelodeon)
The Wild Thornberrys Movie (2002) (Nickelodeon)
Finding Nemo (Pixar, last release before being consolidated with Hanna-Barbera as HA)
Rugrats Go Wild (2003) (Nickelodeon)
The Incredibles (2004)
Barnyard (2006) (Nickelodeon)
Ratatouille (2007)
Wall-E (2008)
Coraline (2009)
Up (2009)
Ed, Edd n' Eddy's: Big Picture Show (2009)

Some notable features Henson Animation is currently working on include a third Toy Story movie, a movie based on Yogi Bear and a mysterious new project at Nickelodeon currently dubbed Rango.

*Touchstone have been distributing Studio Ghibli movies since 1996 (with the exceptions of My Neighbors the Yamadas and The Cat Returns). I decided not to include them on here because they don't really have any true input in terms of their production, they just distribute them in America.

Last edited:
Restarted With A Mouse is going to return soon. In the meantime, here's what the Billboard Hot 100 2000-2009 decade end chart looks like in this timeline.

1. Yeah - Usher ft. Lil Jon & Ludacris
2. Low - Flo Rida ft. T-Pain
3. I Got A Feeling - The Black Eyed Peas
4. Hanging by a Moment - Lifehouse
5. Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down
6. No One - Alicia Keys
7. Mr. Brightside - The Killers
8. We Belong Together - Mariah Carey
9. Family Affair - Mary J. Blige
10. Don't Stop The Music - Rihanna
11. Apologize - Timbaland ft. OneRepublic
12. Dilemma - Nelly ft. Kelly Rowland
13. Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
14. Smile - Lily Allen
15. Gold Digger - Kanye West ft. Jamie Foxx
16. Boom Boom Pow - The Black Eyed Peas
17. Maria Maria - Santana ft. The Product G&B
18. Paralyzer - Finger Eleven
19. A Milli - Lil Wayne
20. Lose Yourself - Eminem
21. Let Me Love You - Mario
22. Just Dance - Lady Gaga ft. Colby O'Donis
23. U Got It Bad - Usher
24. Hey Ya! - Outkast
25. Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz ft. De La Soul
26. Independent Women Part 1 - Destiny's Child
27. How You Remind Me - Nickelback
28. In Da Club - 50 Cent
29. Dani California - Red Hot Chili Peppers
30. Burn - Usher
31. Foolish - Ashanti
32. Irreplaceable - Beyoncé
33. Smooth - Santana ft. Rob Thomas
34. Stand Up - Ludacris ft. Shawnna
35. Viva La Vida - Coldplay
36. Drop It Like It's Hot - Snoop Dogg ft. Pharrell
37. Crank That - Soulja Boy
38. I'm Real - Jennifer Lopez ft. Ja Rule
39. Baby Boy - Beyoncé ft. Sean Paul
40. Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day
41. 1, 2 Step - Ciara ft. Missy Elliot
42. Fallin' - Alicia Keys
43. Crazy In Love - Beyoncé ft. Jay-Z
44. Poker Face - Lady Gaga
45. Whatever You Like - T.I
46. Let It Rock - Kevin Rudolf ft. Lil Wayne
47. Hot in Herre - Nelly
48. Lollipop - Lil Wayne ft. Static Major
49. Live Your Life - T.I ft. Rihanna
50. Temperature - Sean Paul
51. Everything You Want - Vertical Horizon
52. Promiscuous - Nelly Furtado ft. Timbaland
53. The Dark of the Matinee - Franz Ferdinand
54. Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis
55. Unwell - Matchbox Twenty
56. Breathe - Faith Hill
57. Umbrella - Rihanna ft. Jay-Z
58. Somebody Told Me - The Killers
59. I Knew I Loved You - Savage Garden
60. Goodies - Ciara
61. Bad Day - Daniel Powter
62. In The End - Linkin Park
63. SexyBack - Justin Timberlake
64. Disturbia - Rihanna
65. The Way You Move - Outkast ft. Sleepy Brown
66. Complicated - Avril Lavigne
67. I Still Remember - Bloc Party
68. My Boo - Usher ft. Alicia Keys
69. It Wasn't Me - Shaggy ft. RikRok
70. Kids - MGMT
71. Run It! - Chris Brown ft. Juelz Santana
72. Say It Right - Nelly Furtado
73. All for You - Janet Jackson
74. Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
75. I Kissed A Girl - Katy Perry
76. Numb - Linkin Park
77. Stronger - Kanye West
78. Bent - Matchbox Twenty
79. Love Story - Taylor Swift
80. LDN - Lily Allen
81. Golden Skans - Klaxons
82. Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne
83. It's Been Awhile - Staind
84. Don't Forget About Us - Mariah Carey
85. Smack That - Akon ft. Eminem
86. When I'm Gone - 3 Doors Down
87. Lucid Reality - Nirvana
88. Locked Up - Akon ft. Styles P
89. Somewhere Out There - Our Lady Peace
90. U Remind Me - Usher
91. Check on It - Beyoncé ft. Slim Thug
92. It's Gonna Be Me - 'N Sync
93. Candy Shop - 50 Cent ft. Olivia
94. Fluorescent Adolescent - Arctic Monkeys
95. Mrs. Jackson - Outkast
96. Ridin' - Chamillionaire ft. Krayzie Bone
97. The Reason - Hoobastank
98. The Real Slim Shady - Eminem
99. Float On - Modest Mouse
100. Single Ladies - Beyoncé

I haven't really had the chance to discuss what shows Nick, CN and Disney Channel air ITTL. So here's a list of some shows that each network airs for the 2009-2010 season. (Asterisks mean the show is in it's last season and will NOT return with new episodes for the 2010-2011 season)

Nickelodeon

Adventure Time (since 2009)
Back At The Barnyard (since 2007)
Big Time Rush (since 2009)
Brainsurge (since 2009)
Destroy Build Destroy (since 2009)
Ed, Edd N' Eddy (since 1999)*
Fanboy and Chum Chum (Since 2009)
iCarly (since 2007)
The Fairy Odd Parents (since 2001)
The Incredibles (since 2006)*
The Troop (since 2009)
Victorious (since 2010)

Disney Channel

Dude, What Would Happen (since 2009)
Good Luck Charlie (since 2010)
Hanna Montana (since 2006)
Jonas (since 2009)*
Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil (since 2009)
Phineas and Ferb (since 2007)
Sonny with a Chance (since 2009)
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (since 2008)
The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack (since 2008)*
The Suite Life on Deck (since 2008)
True Jackson, VP (since 2008)
Wizards of Waverly Place (since 2007)

Cartoon Network

6teen (since 2008)*
Batman: The Brave and the Bold (since 2008)
Ben 10: Alien Force (since 2008)*
Bobb'e Says (since 2009)*
BrainRush (since 2009)*
Chowder (since 2007)*
SpongeBob Squarepants (since 1999)
Stoked (since 2009)
The Othersiders (since 2009)*
The Secret Saturdays (since 2008)*
Total Drama (since 2008)
Underfist (since 2009)

I haven't really had the chance to discuss what shows Nick, CN and Disney Channel air ITTL. So here's a list of some shows that each network airs for the 2009-2010 season. (Asterisks mean the show is in it's last season and will NOT return with new episodes for the 2010-2011 season)
Ok.
Nickelodeon

Adventure Time (since 2009)
Back At The Barnyard (since 2007)
Big Time Rush (since 2009)
Brainsurge (since 2009)
Destroy Build Destroy (since 2009)
Ed, Edd N' Eddy (since 1999)*
Fanboy and Chum Chum (Since 2009)
iCarly (since 2007)
The Fairy Odd Parents (since 2001)
The Incredibles (since 2006)*
The Troop (since 2009)
Victorious (since 2010)
Wait......The Incredibles got a show?
Disney Channel

Dude, What Would Happen (since 2009)
Good Luck Charlie (since 2010)
Hanna Montana (since 2006)
Jonas (since 2009)*
Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil (since 2009)
Phineas and Ferb (since 2007)
Sonny with a Chance (since 2009)
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (since 2008)
The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack (since 2008)*
The Suite Life on Deck (since 2008)
True Jackson, VP (since 2008)
Wizards of Waverly Place (since 2007)
Largely the same, but I think Disney would let Flapjack air for at least one more season, and how did Flapjack even get on Disney Channel anyway?
Cartoon Network

6teen (since 2008)*
Batman: The Brave and the Bold (since 2008)
Ben 10: Alien Force (since 2008)*
Bobb'e Says (since 2009)*
BrainRush (since 2009)*
Chowder (since 2007)*
SpongeBob Squarepants (since 1999)
Stoked (since 2009)
The Othersiders (since 2009)*
The Secret Saturdays (since 2008)*
Total Drama (since 2008)
Underfist (since 2009)
So I see that CN still dips into live-action?

Does Toonami still get canceled?

Wait......The Incredibles got a show?
Yes. It would be about them fighting a group of villains lead by Xerek (a scrapped antagonist from an early version of the movie). Also Pixar(HA) and Nickelodeon both being owned by Henson means The X's doesn't exist ITTL
how did Flapjack even get on Disney Channel anyway?
That part I haven't quite figured out but I do know that some of that show's staff works on the Eddsworld TV show ITTL, so I'll say it has something to do with that
So I see that CN still dips into live-action?

Does Toonami still get canceled?
I'm going to say no for 2 reasons

1. Inkblot still airs a lot of anime on their schedule as of 09-10 so CN could try and attempt to use Toonami as a less adult alternative to Inkblot's anime shows
2. Toonami wasn't really gone for too long. It was gone for about 3.5 years which is definitely lengthy but it's not like it still being on the network during that time would drastically change the network's programing as much as some people would think

So in RWAM, Toonami is still in version 4 (I think that's the one with the faces) in 2010. But like I have said before, my knowledge on anime is fairly limited and I don't talk about it much because of it

I'm going to say no for 2 reasons

1. Inkblot still airs a lot of anime on their schedule as of 09-10 so CN could try and attempt to use Toonami as a less adult alternative to Inkblot's anime shows
2. Toonami wasn't really gone for too long. It was gone for about 3.5 years which is definitely lengthy but it's not like it still being on the network during that time would drastically change the network's programing as much as some people would think

So in RWAM, Toonami is still in version 4 (I think that's the one with the faces) in 2010. But like I have said before, my knowledge on anime is fairly limited and I don't talk about it much because of it
https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...-timeline-in-the-style-of-timeline-93.540549/ for if you want to discuss toonami in a spin off @Otakuninja2006 may possibly help you out with the anime but every other action animated show that airs on the mouse verse version of toonami is fair game