Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

The punishments actually only affect your opinion among barbarians; that is to say, unless they are your religion.

The ginormous prestige hit is an entirely different story.

The punishments actually only affect your opinion among barbarians; that is to say, unless they are your religion.

The ginormous prestige hit is an entirely different story.

I'd lose about 5k prestige at this point. That would be bad.

Also, quick update, just betrothed my 5 year old son to the 10 year old daughter of one of my new vassals in Andalusia. Took a big prestige hit for marrying the relative of a count but I think it's worth it. She's a genius and Sayyid and she's from the Umayyad dynasty :D

I'd lose about 5k prestige at this point. That would be bad.

Also, quick update, just betrothed my 5 year old son to the 10 year old daughter of one of my new vassals in Andalusia. Took a big prestige hit for marrying the relative of a count but I think it's worth it. She's a genius and Sayyid and she's from the Umayyad dynasty :D
Your son to her won't get the Sayyid trait. Are you aware of that?

Your son to her won't get the Sayyid trait. Are you aware of that?

Yeah, but there's not much I can do about that. My only other option would be getting a matrilineal marriage to my daughter from one of his sons and I've only got the two children right now so I'm not comfortable bumping one of them off just yet for a little bit of coolness.

Started as Billy the Bastard at Stamford Bridge. The Conqueror was succeeded by his son William, who even though gay managed to sired an heir or five (his lover was his Queen, so I guess he was actually bi). It was under Willy II that I started playing the Papal game but under his successor Willy III that I won it. I was just playing around with Papal mechanics as I haven't used them really before, when what do I notice but Willy III's brother Baldwin (who after siring a genius and having three wives went off with the Templars). He somehow had got himself a bishopric and was my candidate for the College (William won the 1st Crusade, then lost Jerusalem, then won it again). Needless to say threw what I was doing out the window and dropped money into his campaign fund to ward off those bothersome Italians, and with luck he took to the College at about 45 and by 49 (with assassinations left and right) was elected as Paul II. For his effort Willy III became 'the Apostle' and my personal favorite part: the brothers died a day apart, Paul II, 'the Wise,' January 31 at the age of 66 and Willy III February 1 at the age of 71. I fucking love this game.

I accomplished this while my Internet was out due to the recent storms. The Third Era began just before I took this screenshot:

The_Third_Era_begins.png

I have since started expanding into the petty Elven kingdoms to the southwest, and am soon to start a massive war aimed at the total conquest of Valenwood proper. Then I'll finish off Argonia, then I'm split between heading for Morrowind or Summerset. Generally, for RP reasons, I kind of like the idea of leaving the Dunmer for last, but I don't know if I really want to end the absolutely hilarious Bosmer oppression of Summerset sooner than I have to.

Actually, because of what I posted previously, a huge chunk of Hammerfell is Green Pact-following Redguards, while Cyrodiil is filled with Bosmer settlers who worship the Eight Divines - hell, among my most loyal vassals is my marshal, a Bosmer duke who owns a huge chunk of central Cyrodiil.

I started out as the God-Haters of Whiterun; at this point I have bred in the blood of the Companions, and the soon-to-be Ninth Divine has Altmer, Breton, Reachman, Colovian, Nibenese and - of course - Nordic blood in him, while his heir has Orsimer and Dunmer ancestry through his culturally Orcish, racially Breton mother (there's a lot of culturally Orcish Bretons in my game; some weird shit went on in High Rock before I got my hands on it, there's also Altmer of Orcish and Breton culture and Orsimer of Nordic and Reachmen culture there). There's also a powerful Orsimer branch of the God-Hater dynasty ruling a healthy chunk of High Rock, and a number of Khajiit who have seen the light of the Eight Divines have slowly wheedled their way into power across the Empire since the conquest of Elsweyr.

EDIT: Also, Irony: The Bosmer of Cyrodiil worship the Eight Divines. Most of the humans on the other hand are Maruhkati heretics. :p

Put Renly on the Iron Throne. Was quite easy.

Now what?

Renly's supposed to be easy, unless he gets murderised. He has a fuckton more soldiers than anyone else.

Dany should invade you eventually, unless she dies in slavers bay of some random illness.

If you want a more challenging new game, try Robb, Balon, Roose, Jon or Stannis in AFFC or Daemon/Maelys Blackfyre in their respective rebellions (though the Blackfyres are actually easy if you play really gamey and go get a dragon from Asshai. This will be removed in the next version, which completely and awesomely reworks dragons).

If you want a really challenging (read:impossible) war, try Dagon Greyjoy.

mowque

Banned
I didn't MIND that it was easy. I was just commenting.

Aegon invaded but I could easily smack down the Golden Company. I suppose I should try and get the Riverlands back from Robb.

I didn't MIND that it was easy. I was just commenting.

Aegon invaded but I could easily smack down the Golden Company. I suppose I should try and get the Riverlands back from Robb.

That actually sounds like the kind of lackadaisical attitude I'd expect from King Renly. :D

Aegon doesnt have dragons. Beware! Beware!

Unless she's dead and there are no more targs, in which case I think Stannis sometimes gets her dragons. I'm on the new test version so I can't quite remember.

HellHound01

Banned
Yeah, though as I said they'll be removed for the upcoming version.

Dragons are characters now. :cool:

What?

How does that work? Can you play as a Dragon? Marry one Dragon to another to produce offspring?

What about the traits and abilities?

How does that work in battle? If I'm playing a Dragon Rider, is my Dragon a vassal? How do I use it to burn the combined Westerland-Reach Army of 50,000 in the Field of Fire?

I want to know more!

In the Winter King mod, you have events which can fire during battles, usually single combat in that case. This may be the same principle, I think.

What?

How does that work? Can you play as a Dragon? Marry one Dragon to another to produce offspring?

What about the traits and abilities?

How does that work in battle? If I'm playing a Dragon Rider, is my Dragon a vassal? How do I use it to burn the combined Westerland-Reach Army of 50,000 in the Field of Fire?

I want to know more!

There's a (small) dev diary here.

I can't really give away any more details, testers agree not to. But it's pretty awesome so far.

I got super lucky with Daemon once; a few days in an ally captured the King and I won. :D

Only bad news is somehow the Targaryens took over from the Martells in Dorne, and whatever king I was on a few generations later is about to lose the throne due to bad marriages and deaths.

I decided to go for a challenge with an 867 start playing as the Catholic ruler of the Pruthenian tribe. I've finally managed to gather enough gold to get rid of the tribal title (I'm the Duke of Prussia now) but am pretty low on manpower and surrounded by more powerful Polish pagan tribes.

Any suggestions? I'm heavily allied with the Karling family

Like in my Asturias games use the Karlings to the utmost when you need them, but also don't be afraid to go for easy pickings.