Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

Seljuks or Fatimids in 1066, Magyars/Hungary in 867 thanks to how OP event troops are.

This, a thousand times. If you play your cards right, you can easily end up with 150k high quality event troops. You'll need to split them up initially to avoid attrition (so concentrate on quickly storming castles rather than field battles), and avoid field battles. Don't invade the lands of defensive pagans, and I would advise reforming Tengriism instead of converting to Christianity (keep raiding, county conquest, invasion CBs, as well as the free holy wars against Christian Europe. In addition, you can potentially get exclusive access to a Holy Order (if you unify the Tengri, which both removes competitors for recruitment and ensures that you can use them against all your foes). To be sure, Tengri's bonuses are generally pretty average at best, but that's not a huge issue.

Two Jihads, a holy war, an uprising and and a County revolt, all at once. Yeah even as the Byzantines that ain't fun.

Yep, I conquered Greece/Ionia pretty easily. Though as soon as I did a Independence faction from the Orthodox vassals sprung up.

Get to medium crown authority, and dispossessed the vassals. Or occupy their lands during the invasion, that will see them dispossessed.

So, HIP. I've got my copy working with TCoA, MCoA, VIET Music, Syren's Nicknames, Family Relations, APfMC, and my own custom defines.lua file. It is really bloody close to perfect, and it will be beyond perfect when they have VIET Immersion integrated- which should be soon. Truly brilliant. My slightly-over-100 year old Orthodox Kernowek Queen of Brittania surely agrees.

I really wouldn't bother with fiddling mods whilst patch 2.1 is on the horizon, looming like a mod-destroying colossus.

I really wouldn't bother with fiddling mods whilst patch 2.1 is on the horizon, looming like a mod-destroying colossus.
There isn't a thing Paradox could release which is better then that setup, even including India. I sha'n't be updating until all of those mods are also updated- luckily, most of them are simple enough that they don't need to be updated, whilst PB and VIET from HIP are famous for updating within days if not hours.
I've been waiting for The Prince and the Thane to be updated since The Old Gods came out.
I sincerely doubt it will ever be updated. HIP does feature most of the same core components, though, and I think the stuff you gain from updates outweighs the stuff you would lose from switching between the two.

I don't know how but at somepoint in my Tuscan Gigalo play through a Shia Caliphate centered in the Levant overan the Byzantines nigh completely to the Balkans.

It is 977 and only a few years until the Seljuks arrive.

The Dukes always rise up an the most inopportune of times. No sooner do I get a civil war to lower crown authority then I'm faced with a Tulunid Holy War for Greece.

All hail mighty Augustus Pavlos the Third of the Eternal Roman Empire! Hispania has been restored, the Wall of Hadrian rebuilt, the dirty infidels of the desert broken utterly and the heretical schismatics reduced to a single province and a single church still owned by the delusion and self-aggrandising Pope, ranting incessantly against our Glorious Majesty from his Irish cesspit. Soon the infidels will be pushed utterly out of North Africa, we shall take the fight to foul pits that spawned them in the desert and perhaps the Black Greek Orthodox Despot of Taurica will finally have himself crowned King of the Ruthenians.

Oh, and I've almost finished off the Germans, only two Imperial Reconquests left.

EDIT: And Norway is currently owned by some obscure Baltic mercenary company.

ck2_map_2.png

And the religious map if anyone was interested. The Abyssinians can't decide if they want to be Miaphysite of Monophysite and the religion has flipped between the two for the last 3 centuries.

Also, that one final Catholic province refuses to submit to the truth of my glorious rule :mad:

ck2_map_3.png

WHATWHAT WHAT.

I freaking have two revolts in my kingdom of Italy to overthrow me and ontop of it, literally all of Northern Italy was crawling with Jihad Armies that were fighting for the Jihad for Sicily whose Duke was my Cousin who I raised two mercenary armies to save who joined the Revolters side of the war because the freaking Count of Mantua is of my bloodline and he wants to put someone else who is not of our House on the throne of Italy! So does the Duke of Lombardy who is also of my bloodline!!!!

Oh and that Shia Caliphate has conquered Hungarya way from the Templars. The Seljuks just made the scene and Western Europe is split between the adolescent Emperors of Francia and the HRE who are brothers.

Dirk_Pitt

Banned
All hail mighty Augustus Pavlos the Third of the Eternal Roman Empire! Hispania has been restored, the Wall of Hadrian rebuilt, the dirty infidels of the desert broken utterly and the heretical schismatics reduced to a single province and a single church still owned by the delusion and self-aggrandising Pope, ranting incessantly against our Glorious Majesty from his Irish cesspit. Soon the infidels will be pushed utterly out of North Africa, we shall take the fight to foul pits that spawned them in the desert and perhaps the Black Greek Orthodox Despot of Taurica will finally have himself crowned King of the Ruthenians.

Oh, and I've almost finished off the Germans, only two Imperial Reconquests left.

EDIT: And Norway is currently owned by some obscure Baltic mercenary company.

Hmm... The Infidels are still in the Mediterranean Sea! CRUSH THEM WITH ROMAN FIRE!!!

Hmm... The Infidels are still in the Mediterranean Sea! CRUSH THEM WITH ROMAN FIRE!!!

Unfortunately Mighty Augustus is an honourable individual and as such has magnanimously decided to give the Infidels 10 more years of existence. He has in no way been compelled by harsh and arbitrary punishments visited upon him by unseen people from a far away and mystical land known as "Paradox".

Unfortunately Mighty Augustus is an honourable individual and as such has magnanimously decided to give the Infidels 10 more years of existence. He has in no way been compelled by harsh and arbitrary punishments visited upon him by unseen people from a far away and mystical land known as "Paradox".

But those punishments only affect your diplomacy.

Rome cares not for the opinions of the barbarians.