See if this works:

Attachments

• KOJ AH 2.png
    KOJ AH 2.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 239
You know, you guys are taking that discussion in a very OTL-centric direction. England I can buy on the basis of history (unless we are changing the origin of the game) and Mitteleuropa from population (candidate volume), but then Judea likely has the same population advantage that Mittleuropa would have. Cincorop and Macedonia would make then obvious sources for friendlies which would bring up their averages as well.

It's a question of having to base matters on OTL to actually have something to base comparisons on, otherwise everyone will just go 'oh well in my ATL I'm a major footballing power because of [x]'. So England is a top ranking nation OTL and has gained Wales and Normandy which easily compensates for losing the Newcastle teams, Germany is a top ranking nation so a country which is basically a greater Germany is definitely going to be one. Chrobatia combines a couple of good teams with some other bits so is probably not a favourite unless we've utterly destroyed some of the other major footballing powers. Milan I would rank as a 'normal' nation but one which probably qualifies more often than not, Norway as OTL is a relatively low ranking European power, Brittany, the Baltics and Cincorop are our definite minnows.

That of course leaves Macedonia and Judea which are on the wildcard/normal borderline for me, and will be determined by who else we have as much as anything else. For Judea in particular, Israel is a decent team OTL but the rest of that area is basically non-existent for football. Now, matters are obviously changed somewhat so it's likely that the whole will be significantly greater than the sum of its parts, but we really do have to treat that a modifying condition of OTL, otherwise this entire concept will just end up falling into problems.

As I said, since it hasn't been decided if it's in Baltica or *Poland, I left it blank until it is resolved.

Personally I'd give it to Baltica.

Chrobatia claimed it first by a significant margin, and the old Grand Baltic Duchy was Estonia+Lativa. I'm happy to have it in the former, certainly more so than some of the later extensions which I'm a bit wary about.

but the rest of that area is basically non-existent for football.

I don't agree with this. Egypt has been quite decent, winning titles in several African Cups, and there is part of Saudi-Arabia included, too. And I think a part of Turkey is included in Judea, too. So it will, based on OTL, be a wildcard rather than a minnow.

Macedonia is borderline, but it includes Greece and Bulgaria, and parts of Turkey... so it could also be decent.

Transylvania Flag.png

Kingdom of Transylvania
(Királyság Erdély / Regat al Ardealului / Königreich Siebenbürgen)

Capital:
Cluj
Official languages: Hungarian, Romanian and German
Currency: Transylvanian Mark
Government type: Constitutional monarchy
Head of State: King Michael XVIII
Head of Government: Prime Minister Zsóka Erős

National Football Association: Transylvania Football Association (Erdély Labdarúgó Szövetség / Ardeal Asociația de Fotbal / Siebenbürgen Fußballbund)
National team nicknames: The Vampires, The Black Eagles
National stadium: King Casimir II National Arena, Cluj (cap. 20,000)
National team badge:
Transylvania Badge Small.png

National team home and away kits:

Transylvania Home Kit.png
Transylvania Away Kit.png

AHFA EURO 2016 SQUAD
Manager:
Joachim Müller

Goalkeepers:

Cristian Bălgrădean
Denis Bošnjak
Jan Schultz

Defenders:

Ádám Bogdán
Florin Gardoș
Johann Kerner
Cosmin Moți
Paul Papp
László Sepsi
Gabriel Tamaș

Midfielders:

Alex Beck
Eric Bikfalvi
Zoltán Bokori (vc)
Axel Feldt
Ovidiu Hoban
György Horváth
Artur Nagy
Lucian Sânmărtean
Nicușor Stanciu
Gabriel Torje

Strikers:

Rikárd Cseh
Ioan Hora
Claudiu Keșerü

Lukas Steiber
Sergiu Vărsătorul (c)

Last edited:

Asami

Banned
Chrobatia combines a couple of good teams with some other bits so is probably not a favourite unless we've utterly destroyed some of the other major footballing powers.

I'm okay with that. It reflects my home country's total apathy for the sport. (U.S.)

I don't agree with this. Egypt has been quite decent, winning titles in several African Cups, and there is part of Saudi-Arabia included, too. And I think a part of Turkey is included in Judea, too. So it will, based on OTL, be a wildcard rather than a minnow.

Macedonia is borderline, but it includes Greece and Bulgaria, and parts of Turkey... so it could also be decent.

I'd treat the Turkish bit as negligible- that's the poorer more rural end anyway. Bear in mind that even a 'normal' rank isn't necessarily a minnow- I'm basing this on considerations of who else might be about. However, the teams since that are being filled definitely feel like they're pushing Judea up in relative rankings.

Brittany can be a "bad" team. Some players (Dickie Durand, Richard Richard Jr., and Alan Bonnet) are great, but most are just average.

Last edited:
Here's my bid:

Annecy - Parc des Sports - 15,660
260px-Parc_des_Sports_d%27Annecy_Manpower_1.jpg

Aosta - Stade Mario Puchoz - 2,000
CcmFReU.jpg

Fribourg - Stade Universitaire Saint Léonard - 9,000
UxLkMpE.jpg

Geneva - Stade de Genève - 30,084
250px-CH-AL_Geneva_2003-06-11.jpg

Grenoble - Stade des Alpes - 20,068
220px-GF38-CLERMONT001.jpg

Lausanne - Stade Olympique de la Pontaise - 50,000
300px-Stade_Olympique.jpg

Lyon - Stade de Gerland - 43,051
250px-Stade-Gerland-RWC2007.JPG

Neuchâtel - Stade de la Maladière - 25,500
250px-Stade_de_la_Maladi%C3%A8re_2008.JPG

Saint-Étienne - Stade Geoffroy-Guichard - 42,000
300px-Geoffroy_Guichard_ASSE.JPG

Sion - Stade Tourbillon - 16,263
250px-Stade_de_Tourbillon.JPG

Since only a few of them would be able to meet the requirements for an European competition, Burgundy could make a joint bid with a neighbouring country. As for how strong the team would realistically be, it could be somewhere between Belgium and Switzerland, the kind of average-ish team with a few world class players whose performance can vary wildly over time.

Last edited:
I have now edited mine to remove references of Lithuania, since it should be claimed by the first person who did so.
I am now the United Baltic Duchy, except without any German bits.

Last edited: