Asami

Banned
Yep, take Posen, the Corridor, and East Prussia...

Let's not concentrate on political borders now, but on the football!

But nation-building is in our blood, man! We're Alternate History fanatics! :p

Besides, Chrobatia is the best fun I've had building a country since Georgia. :p

I believe Pirate's claimed Switzerland.

...oh, fu- well, at least no one has claimed the Italian and French parts of the country. Yet.

Do you mean the successful CSA?

Successful CSA, Rhodesia and Congo Free State in the same timeline. Because, when an ASB ASBs long enough, experimenting with all sorts of ISOTs, sooner or later they'll put as many crimes against humanity in the same world as possible just because they can. A certain Undertale character is like that, after all...

Pirate, I think Switzerland's too much as well as the Austrian extension, particularly considering the Burgundian claim is just for the French part. I'm not entirely comfortable with having Chrobatia including East Prussia Posen and the Corridor as well, but that's more arguable.

I really must ask for some smaller/weaker footballing nations to be submitted now. Counting up:

-Cincorop
-Macedonia
-England
-Mitteleuropa
-Chrobatia
-Judea (size only gets a pass there due to how poor that area is for football)
-Brittany (TBC)
-Norway
-Burgundy
-Baltic Union

So that's 9 definite plus 1.

Pirate, I think Switzerland's too much as well as the Austrian extension, particularly considering the Burgundian claim is just for the French part. I'm not entirely comfortable with having Chrobatia including East Prussia Posen and the Corridor as well, but that's more arguable.

I really must ask for some smaller/weaker footballing nations to be submitted now. Counting up:

-Cincorop
-Macedonia
-England
-Mitteleuropa
-Chrobatia
-Brittany (TBC)
-Norway
-Burgundy
-Baltics

So 9 confirmed plus one provisional.

Asami

Banned

Well, I feel like Chrobatia's borders are pretty realistically rooted, it's not overdone, and it's not impossible for a country to have carved itself out of the land claimed during the Middle Ages; it'd just be a matter of avoiding the whole issue with being conquered by it's neighbors. :p

I hereby, in the name of the Erste Freie Arbeiter-Fußball-Vereinigung, submit a bid to host the AHFA Euro 2016 in Vereinigte Mitteleuropäische Arbeiterrepubliken with the following stadia and cities:

ISUMEA-Stadion in Gelsenkirchen (73,900)
Stadion der Völkerfreundschaft in Marxhafen (124,500)
AUCKE-Stadion in Leipzig (81,000)
Stahlsyndikatsstadion (SS-Stadion) in Kalchhöhe (Zabrze) (70,300)
AUTuM-Stadion in Siederstadt (Stuttgart) (67,100)
Stadion der Internationalen Arbeitersyndikate (SIA) in München (141,000)
Stadion am Bökelberg in Mönchengladbach (55,200)
Befreiungshalle in (Ost-)Paris (77,800)
Karl-Marx-Stadion in Wien (103,400)
SHAS-Stadion in Bremen (66,300)
VRGAU-Halle in Stettin (62,400)
SBL-Kampfbahn in Hannover (62,900)
Elbestadion in Dresden (51,000)
Donaustadion in Wien (97,100)
Seestadion in Zürich (89,600)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pirate, I think Switzerland's too much as well as the Austrian extension, particularly considering the Burgundian claim is just for the French part.

I am also willing to give up the French part of Switzerland (Romandie, it's called). Shall the Röstigraben become a political border in this game! Could be very interesting, then. Also, anything of "Austria" east of Burgenland can be negotiated about if absolutely necessary.

EDIT: Changed a city and stadium as Basel is now west of the border (Röstigraben!). And so, I could get East Paris in, too...

-Cincorop
-Macedonia
-England
-Mitteleuropa
-Chrobatia
-Brittany (TBC)
-Norway
-Burgundy
-Baltics

So 9 confirmed plus one provisional.

I doubt that many of those are strong: Mitteleuropa and England will certainly be, but the others? Burgundy might still be somewhat strong, as might Macedonia, Chrobatia, Cincorop, and Norway. However, I do think that Judea, the Baltics, and probably Macedonia and/or Cincorop will be rather weak...

If it was a
I doubt that many of those are strong: Mitteleuropa and England will certainly be, but the others? Burgundy might still be somewhat strong, as might Macedonia, Chrobatia, Cincorop, and Norway. However, I do think that Judea, the Baltics, and probably Macedonia and/or Cincorop will be rather weak...

You insult Greek honor!

Ow. Just, ow.

I mean, I ran the runner up in the first AH World Cup, I think I know a thing or two about picking winners.

England and Mitteleuropa are definitely strong powers, the latter will definitely be one of the favourites. Chrobatia may be either a favourite or a wildcard depending on how fragmented France, Spain and Italy are- based on the standings for Poland and Ukraine currently it would probably be ranked around 20th in the world, on a par with the Netherlands. The definite minnows so far are the Baltics and Cincorop, Norway is definitely low, Judea and Macedonia might manage wildcard status but we'll have to see.

Also, I'm going to put in my own claim here, a map for reference:

Grand Duchy of Milan

Territory: Area of the Duchies of Milan, Mantua, Modena and Parma.
Nickname: The Lombards
Home Stadium: San Siro, Milan
Home Kit: Red shirt and white shorts
Away Kit: Blue shirt and yellow shorts.

Team and so forth to be confirmed later.

You know, you guys are taking that discussion in a very OTL-centric direction. England I can buy on the basis of history (unless we are changing the origin of the game) and Mitteleuropa from population (candidate volume), but then Judea likely has the same population advantage that Mittleuropa would have. Cincorop and Macedonia would make then obvious sources for friendlies which would bring up their averages as well.

Name: Commonwealth of Brittany
Capital: Brest
Government: Commonwealth of CSA
Head of Government: Governor Edgar Massiot
Head of State: Speaker of the Senate Bernard Williams.

Anthem: Long Live Brittany!
Official Languages: English, Breton, French.
Currency: Confederate Dollar.

Nickname: The Peninsulars (Les Péninsulares)
Home Stadium: Stade de Gerland
Governing Body: Association Football League of the Commonwealth of Brittany

Team Manager: Alexandre Martin
Coach: Dick Petit

Lineup:

Goalkeepers:

Brian Bourgeois
Samuel Duras

Defenders:

Hiram Langlais
Jimmy Lang (CAPTAIN)

Johnny Lewis
Howard La Gall

Stephan Berger
Thomas Benoit
Luc Aubin
Paul Lebau

Midfielders:

Alexander Duke
Richard Richard Jr.
Joseph Blanc
Alan Bonnet

Paul Aubert
Edgar Martin
Bobby Lefebvre
Joseph David

Forwards:

Richard "Dickie" Durand
Robin Martin
Frederic Martin

Joseph David
William Burch

(PLAYERS LISTED IN ORDER OF HOW GOOD THEY ARE. FOR EXAMPLE, DICKIE DURAND IS THE BEST FORWARD, SO HE IS LISTED AT THE TOP OF THE LIST OF FORWARDS.)

Last edited:
Working on a combined map:

Note regions either in dispute (Lithuania, Cyprus) or countries in flux (VMA) or I'm just not sure how it would be on a worlda (Judea, Burgundy) have been left blank.
AHFA 2016.png