I hope that Martin23230, AlexRichards and many others will participate in this! I was immediately delighted and excited again when I thought about the AHFA! With 99 % less corruption than the FIFA!

And I will still keep to my promises made at the end of the World Cup 2014!

Also, this start will likely not be (much) too early as we need 24 teams for this EURO, which would be reached with (approximately) one team per day. If we get more, we could also start a bit earlier ... or, to enhance the experience, put more information about the teams on or do a 32-team EURO!

And now, let me quote the OP by Martin23230 from two years ago, modified for the EURO 2016:

[QUOTE;Martin23230]Ladies and Gentlemen, I am pleased to present the second edition of the quadrennial Alternate History Football Association European Championships:

The 2016 AHFA European Championship!

AHFA - it's pronounced Arthur;)

This is a AH.com forum collaboration, building on the previous successful 2010 World Cup (hosted in La Plata, won by Bavaria) and Euro 2012(joint hosted by North and South Germany, won by the Spanish State), as well as the extremely successful World Cup 2014 (hosted by Vinland, won by Scandinavia). As well as some less successful ones we don't talk about...

So how does it work?

• Stage 1: Creating the teams. Anyone can enter a team if they wish, which basically just involves a country and a team list. Details like maps, flags and such are nice colour but aren’t strictly necessary. As long as they don't overlap any AH nation can take part, it isn't all about plausibility – the first World Cup included communist Scotland, the Byzantine Empire, the Timurids and New Jersey all playing football against each other. Good luck figuring out that timeline!
  • Stage 2: Organising the tournament. Once we have a full roster of teams (the aim is 24 or, if consensus wishes so, 32) then we can start organising the tournament. Picking a host, deciding which of the teams would be favourites and which are unlikely to advance from the group stage. Then the teams are put into groups and the matches are set up as you would expect.
  • Stage 3: Simulating the matches. Then, the tournament proper can get underway. The actual match results are just created pretty simply, effectively just rolling a load of dice (though doing it via Excel), if anyone's interested I'll go into more details later. Anyway, each match is 'simulated' which results in basically just a scoreline and the times of the goals.
  • Stage 4: Reporting the matches. This is the meat of the project. Any one who wants to can have a go at reporting the results from an in-universe perspective, posting them back in this thread. For some good examples look at the first match of the 2010 World Cup, or the Euro 2012 final. These reports are the real purpose of the project, to create a collaborative piece of work detailing an alternate football tournament that's quite unique in the field of alternate history writing (and after all, that's why we're all here).
Just because I feel it might need to be said: this is not a nation game or some sort of 'football manager' experience. The team creation is just the first part and they only exist as the basis for the write-ups. If you've made a team then I would strongly encourage you to submit articles or reports or small social media snippets of the tournament from their perspective (here's an example, here's another), but just because you've entered a team don’t mean you are 'playing' them. If that's what you're looking for you can go to the Shared Worlds forum. You don't chose substitutes or tactics or anything along those lines, those are up to whoever writing the match up which is why the simulation is deliberately simplistic. It's for that reason that I tried to not assign people to writing up reports involving their 'own' teams.

[/QUOTE]

However, I want to make one proposal: Let us allow Middle Eastern and North African countries, as they can very plausibly be, in other TLs, part of the *alt-UEFA...

Let the games begin! Or are you, Martin23230 and/or AlexRichards not on board?

I'm certainly willing to help out. Hopefully I'll actually be seeing Martin on Saturday so if he's too busy to drop in here I'll mention it to him then, or through my other contact channels if not. Also I've got the week from 6th-10th June off so I can spend some time then making sure that everything's set up.

We've certainly had North African teams (e.g. French Algeria) before, so IMO anywhere that can be a member of the EBU should be fair game (e.g. yes to Syria, no to Oman).

And lastly, the timing is just about right I think- a couple of weeks to get things sorted and then straight into the tournament.

So I would say yes nation claiming and team building should be fine to being now, but guys could anyone willing to do the match reports please say so now

I am willing to do match reports, as many as is possible! I will tell you by Conversation, or here, if I do not have time (which could be a bit more frequent as we are moving house, but it could also be less frequent).

I'm very interested in participating but i have a question. I was thinking about making a nation out of the most northeastern parts of Turkey and bits of Armenia and Georgia is this allowed? My nation is called the Empire of Cincorop. Cincorop is a very small village in northeastern Turkey where my father is born. He and his friends always make jokes about how it's the place where civilization was born and that cincorop is better than all the other villages, though i think they really believe that their village is the best.

Anyway my country will be called the Empire of Cincorop or 'Cincorop Imparatorlugu' in Cincoropian

Team: Empire of Cincorop
Nickname: (i will fill it in later)
Home Stadium: Sportpark Lunetten
Home Kit: Red white vertical striped shirt with blue shorts and red or white socks
Away Kit: Black shirt Red shorts and green socks

Last edited:
I'm very interested in participating but i have a question. I was thinking about making a nation out of the most northeastern parts of Turkey and bits of Armenia and Georgia is this allowed? My nation is called the Empire of Cincorop. Cincorop is a very small village in northeastern Turkey where my father is born. He and his friends always make jokes about how it's the place where civilization was born and that cincorop is better than all the other villages, though i think they really believe that their village is the best.

Anyway my country will be called the Empire of Cincorop or 'Cincorop Imparatorlugu' in Cincoropian

Would be a very cool addition! Of course, this is allowed, as long as you provide a full roster (20-23 players). Plausibility of nations is not the issue here, its the feel of creating an alternate FIFA/UEFA setting (ideally with logos and flags and such), and then of the alternate EURO!

Anything centred on cape Town is definitely out- Morocco is easy enough to get to from Europe that a slightly different ATL could include it, but Cape Town is definitely African Cup not the Euros. Just think about how impractical the qualifiers would be.

Catalunya- that would be absolutely fine, all of those areas are in UEFA IOTL anyway.

Gian

Banned
Save England and Normandy for me, because I'm going to bring in a nation from my map series.

Macedonia Empire.png
Team: Macedonian Empire
Nickname: The Diadochi
Home Stadium: Stádio Thessaloníkis
Home Kit: Green shirt and blue shorts
Away Kit: Blue shirt and Green shorts
Cape Republic Football Kit.png

Goalkeepers

22 - Orestis Karnezis
1 - Prince Dzvonimir Aragon-Makedonías (Member of the Royal Family)

Defenders

27 - Vasilis Torosidis
23 - Vanche Shikov
3 - Zhivko Milanov
15 - Sokratis Papastathopoulos
5 - Darko Michel
26 - Haris Genkov
10 - Nikifor Zhivkov
21 - Stanislav Marinos

Midfield

7 - Alexandros Tziolis
4 - Svetoslav Dyakov
31 - Aleksandar Trajkovski
38 - Ivan Trichkovski
28 - Mikhail Stavros
36 - Luben Floros
19 - Jovan Sanna
40 - Spas Marinos

Forward

13 - Ivelin Popov
44 - Goran Pandev
37 - Petia Kaloyanchev
16 - Tase Michelakakis

Last edited:
Vereinigte Mitteleuropäische Arbeiterrepubliken (VMA or Mitteleuropa)

Territory: OTL 1914 Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Illyria. Includes Alsace-Lorraine, but excludes the Polish Corridor and East Prussia, as well as Schleswig-Holstein. East Paris occupation zone
Form of government: Ultra-democratic syndicalism. Open to refugees from all countries where people are persecuted, but they need to learn the language of the Arbeiterrepublik they settle in. Could be percieved as somewhat Germanocentric by modern Germans, a bit too patriotic even for the CSU... but left-wing and internationalist despite this!
Name of football association: Erste Freie Arbeiter-Fußball-Vereinigung (EFAFV or AFV), A logo revolving around a football and the "cog, oak leaf, and chain", mostly on red... be creative here
Team manager/Coach: Jonathan Gelderaar/Hussein Umar bin Usama al-Mahmoud bin Abdeslam (Umar Abdeslam for short)
Players: Bold denotes standard lineup, Italics denotes the standard bench

Goalkeepers:

1 - Adalbert Gleißner

14 - Enrico Fermi
51 - Fritz Teichert

Defenders:

2 - CD - Walter Karrenbauer
4 - CD - Muhammad Ali Abaaoud
3 - LD - Karl Nguta-Nguta
5 - RD - Franz Ritter
41 - CD - Dender Batmönkh
33 - CD - Gustav Hall
34 - L/RD - Mohamadou Kedréba

Midfielders:

6 - DM - Grigoriy Vladimirovich Ulyanovsk

8 - C/DM - Christian Schmidbrecht
10 - OM - Albrecht Pfeiffer
16 - RM/RFW - Viktor Órban
23 - LM - Gregor Gysi
27 - OM - Pedro Nilson Santos de Assis Roja (Pedro Rojinho)

Forwards:

11 - FW - Chhit Chheoun
9 - FW - Arvids Kucinskis

19 - FW - Peter Fleischer
7 - LFW/LM - Usama Muhammad Hadfi
27 - LFW - Zhou Enlai
15 - RFW/RM - Ibrahima Kouaté
24 - FW - Henrique Petain (East Paris)

Standard system: 4-2-4, so normally very offensive. If more defence is needed, the two offensive wingers can be exchanged for two "normal" wing midfielders, making it 4-4-2 (with diamond).

Home kit:

All-red with a yellow "cog, oak leaf, and loosened chain" in the centre

Away kit:

Green with a red "cog, oak leaf and loosened chain" in the centre.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gian

Banned
Vereinigte Mitteleuropäische Arbeiterrepubliken (VMA or Mitteleuropa)

Territory: From Amsterdam over Paris (divided city, only holds East Paris!), Geneva, Milan, Venice, up to Budapest (divided city again, along the river!), then Krakau, the 1914 German imperial border up to Memel.
Form of government: Ultra-democratic syndicalism. Open to refugees from all countries where people are persecuted, but they need to learn the language of the Arbeiterrepublik they settle in. Could be percieved as somewhat Germanocentric by modern Germans, a bit too patriotic even for the CSU... but left-wing and internationalist despite this!
Name of football association: Erste Freie Arbeiter-Fußball-Vereinigung (EFAFV or AFV), A logo revolving around a football and the "cog, oak leaf, and chain", mostly on red... be creative here
Team manager/Coach: Jonathan Gelderaar/Hussein Umar bin Usama al-Mahmoud bin Abdeslam
Players: Bold denotes standard lineup, Italics denotes the standard bench

Goalkeepers:

1 - Adalbert Gleißner

14 - Enrico Fermi
51 - Fritz Teichert

Defenders:

2 - CD - Walter Karrenbauer
4 - CD - Muhammad Ali Abaaoud
3 - LD - Karl Nguta-Nguta
5 - RD - Franz Ritter
41 - CD - Dender Batmönkh
33 - CD - Gustav Hall
34 - L/RD - Mohamadou Kedréba

Midfielders:

6 - DM - Grigoriy Vladimirovich Ulyanovsk

8 - C/DM - Christian Schmidbrecht
10 - OM - Albrecht Pfeiffer
16 - RM/RFW - Viktor Órban
23 - LM - Gregor Gysi
27 - OM - Pedro Nilson Santos de Assis Roja (Pedro Rojinho)

Forwards:

11 - FW - Chhit Chheoun
9 - FW - Arvids Kucinskis

19 - FW - Peter Fleischer
7 - LFW/LM - Usama Muhammad Hadfi
27 - LFW - Zhou Enlai
15 - RFW/RM - Ibrahima Kouaté
24 - FW - Heinrich Nolte

Standard system: 4-2-4, so normally very offensive. If more defence is needed, the two offensive wingers can be exchanged for two "normal" wing midfielders, making it 4-4-2 (with diamond).

Home kit:

All-red with a yellow "cog, oak leaf, and loosened chain" in the centre

Away kit:

Green with a red "cog, oak leaf and loosened chain" in the centre.

I already reserved Normandy and the Pale of Calais for England.

Gian

Banned
OK I'll be doing the (super-better) post for England here.

Basic Information

200px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
200px-Coat_of_Arms_of_England_%281509-1554%29.svg.png
Name: Kingdom of England
Capital: London
Total Population: 59,655,579
National Anthem: "God Save the King"

Governing Structure: Devolved-unitary parliamentary democracy under constitutional monarchy
King: Richard IV (House of York-Bragança)
Prime Minister: Archibald Davidson (Conservative Unionist Party)
Official Languages: English (official language); Welsh, Cornish, Norman, Picard
Major Religions: Roman Catholicism (state church), Hinduism, Islam, Sikhism
GDP per Capita: $50,566
Currency: English Pound (ENP; £)

Map: (it's the country in red on the map; click here for the full-length version)
a_different_reality___in_these_splendid_isles_by_ieph-da30ll2.png

National Football Team Information
201px-England_crest_2009.svg.png
Nickname: the Three Lions
Home Stadium: Wembley Stadium (Wembley, Middlesex)
Governing Body: The Football Association (FA)
Kit: (home colors in the left; away colors in the right)
ZpAKShF.png

Team Manager:
Martin Lloyd Richardson
Coach: Jônas D'Arcy
Captain: Wayne Rooney (FW)

Standard system: 1-3-4-3

Lineup

(bold marks starting lineup)

Goalkeepers

1 - Joseph Hart (Manchester City)
21 - Martîn De Molines (CF Le Hâvre)
23 - David Rhys (Cardiff City)

Defenders
3 - Archibald Griffith-Wilson (West Bromwich FC)
5 - Gary Cahill (Chelsea)
9 - Valentîn Bouchart (Chèrbouo Albion)
12 - Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur)
14 - Philippe d'Isinyi (CF Le Hâvre)
18 - Owain Edwards (Swansea City)
22 - Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool)
26 - Êdouard Tanquerai (Rouën-Ville)

Midfielders
2 - Benouét Dedgardin (CF Le Hâvre)
6 - Matthew Williams (Swansea City)
7 - Jordan Henderson (Liverpool)

8 - James Milner (Liverpool)
13 - Ross Barkley (Everton)
15 - Andros Townsend (Sheffield FC)
17 - Jean FilsÂlain (Rouën-Ville)
20 - Clovis Bieaucamp (CF Le Hâvre)
28 - Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur)
29 - Daniel Drinkwater (Leicester City)

Forwards
4 - Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool)
10 - Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)
11 - Albèrt Boulandgi (Chèrbouo Albion)
16 - Haymitch Xander (Chelsea)
19 - Emyr Huws (Cardiff City)

24 - James Vardy (Leicester City)
25 - Daniel Walbeck (Arsenal)
26 - Theodore Walcott (Arsenal)

Bid Information
The Football Association also has put forward a bid for hosting the 2016 AHFA Euro 2016, with the following stadia:
  • Wembley Stadium (Wembley, Middlesex) - 90,000
  • Arsenal Stadium (Holloway, County of London) 60,355
  • Stade de Caën (Caën, Caenshire) 21,500
  • Stade Gillâome lé Counqùéreus (Le Hâvre, County of Le Hâvre) - 21,570
  • Millenium Stadium (Cardiff, County of Cardiff) - 74,500
  • Liberty Stadium (Swansea, Glamorgan) - 21,000
  • Anfield Stadium (Anfield, County of Liverpool) - 45,400
  • White Hart Lane (Tottenham, Middlesex) - 36,300
  • Old Trafford Stadium (Old Trafford, County of Manchester) - 73,600
  • City of Manchester Stadium (Manchester, County of Manchester) - 47,700
  • Villa Park (Birmingham, County of Birmingham) - 42,800
  • The Hawthorns (West Bromwich, Staffordshire) - 26,850
  • Hillsborough Stadium (Sheffield, Yorkshire) - 44,830
  • Elland Road (Leeds, Yorkshire) - 37,900
  • KCOM Hull Stadium (Kingston-upon-Hull, Yorkshire) - 25,400

Last edited:

Asami

Banned
(TBH, I have a problem with how big VMA's claim is -- that's a good majority of Central Europe right there... >>)

Republika Chrobatia / Republic of White Croatia / Republic of Chrobatia

white_croatia_chrobatia_by_kasumigenx-d5uw1ue.png

Capital: Ćirilagrad, Provincija Mazovija
Government: Constitutional parliamentary republic
Head of State: President Ivo Draško Juriša (National Democratic Party)
Head of Government
: Prime Minister Damir Silvio Herceg (Justice Party)

Anthem: Gdje je moj dom? ((Kde domov muj, but in Croatian.))
Territorial Extent: 1937 Poland, Lithuania, Belarus, Western Ukraine, East Prussia
Official Languages: Chrobatian/Croatian, Masovian, Ruthenian
Currency: Chrobatian koruna (kr);
GDP per capita: $45,000

National Team:
Nickname: Sword of the Saints
Home Stadium: National Memorial Stadium, Ćirilagrad
Governing Body: Chrobatian Football League (CFL)
Kit (Home): Yellow shirt with blue touches, blue shorts, yellow socks
Kit (Away): Blue shirt with yellow touches, yellow shorts, blue socks

Team Manager
: Damjan Vlašić
Coach: John Raleigh, Jr.

Lineup:

Goalkeepers

#1 - Bartolomej Sanjin Holub - FC Ćirilagrad*
#28 - Vitaliy Bogdanović - Kralmogila* Club
#14 - Patrik Janković - Kijev* FC
Defenders
#5 - David Yankovic - Gdansk FC