A House Divided Can Stand Alone: A TL

I know it didn't, I was just referring to the region of Panama. Also, perhaps they might...

I just wanted to clarify. You may not be sick but I am more than willing to provide a hand.

It was Teddy fricking Roosevelt who aided the Panamians circa 1904 to win independence from Colombia. Plus the Panama Canal is sure a nice way of keeping an eye out on the likes of the Confederates and any action by the European powers deemed to be against the Monroe Doctrine.

The Dude

Banned
I just wanted to clarify. You may not be sick but I am more than willing to provide a hand.

It was Teddy fricking Roosevelt who aided the Panamians circa 1904 to win independence from Colombia. Plus the Panama Canal is sure a nice way of keeping an eye out on the likes of the Confederates and any action by the European powers deemed to be against the Monroe Doctrine.
Don't worry, I have... plans for Roosevelt's administration....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Seriously though, I have plans for just about anything from the Spanish American War onward.

The Dude

Banned
A new update has been prepared. Enjoy.

[FONT=&quot]Confederate Troubles[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]Following the shift of French and British capital from the Confederacy to the United States, the fledgling Confederate economy was pushed into recession. Fortunately, President Thomas Jackson was able to institute several policies that pulled the Confederacy out of its economic woes before his administration was over. Not many citizens noticed the difference between having they’re European partners and being alone. This was key in the preservation of its isolationist policy. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Sino-French War[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]The Sino-French War began as a series of conflicts in Indochina. It was sparked over the question of which country would have control over the Gulf of Tonkin. While this conflict was technically not covered by the Anglo-Franco-American Treaty, it was decided that it would be best to improve Franco-American relations after the fiasco over the Panama Canal. In his final act as president, Custer committed one division, as well as half of the Pacific Fleet, to fight in the Sino-French conflict. American intervention would prove to be, if not decisive, then at least very important in the ultimate French victory. Though France was not able to achieve its ultimate goal of the conquest of Formosa, it still managed to capture and hold Indochina and the Pescadores. American presence at the negotiating table was vital in cementing France’s rule over these areas, as well as securing some ports for American semi-control. America’s actions in this war were to prove vital in the continuation of the Anglo-Franco-American Alliance.[/FONT]

Also, I haven't been getting many comments lately. Unless I know people are reading, I may have to terminate this TL. So please, comment, even if its just to say, "nice update".

Last edited:
You need to promote the TL my friend.

And I suppose America is allowed open access into Chinese trading ports earlier in your TL.

It's a good update.

The Dude

Banned
You need to promote the TL my friend.

And I suppose America is allowed open access into Chinese trading ports earlier in your TL.

It's a good update.
I am afraid that it is not possible to promote this TL in the way you have suggested. If I just PM random people, then they will just think I'm an asshole and not read it.

TheUnmentionableSeaMammal

Admittedly defeat in the civil war would shake the US up a lot and it might look more deeply at the world. However I find it doubtful that they would be that willing to send forces, especially ones that large, to help a French colonial campaign in SE Asia. Especially not without getting anything themselves.

Also several divisions is a sizeable proportion of the US army of this time It might be larger in TTL because of tension with the CSA but then that's more likely to pin forces along the north-south frontier.

Steve

A new update has been prepared. Enjoy.

[FONT=&quot]Confederate Troubles[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]Following the shift of French and British capital from the Confederacy to the United States, the fledgling Confederate economy was pushed into recession. Fortunately, President Thomas Jackson was able to institute several policies that pulled the Confederacy out of its economic woes before his administration was over. Not many citizens noticed the difference between having they’re European partners and being alone. This was key in the preservation of its isolationist policy. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Sino-French War[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]The Sino-French War began as a series of conflicts in Indochina. It was sparked over the question of which country would have control over the Gulf of Tonkin. While this conflict was technically not covered by the Anglo-Franco-American Treaty, it was decided that it would be best to improve Franco-American relations after the fiasco over the Panama Canal. In his final act as president, Custer committed several divisions, as well as a good deal of the Pacific Fleet, to fight in the Sino-French conflict. American intervention would prove to be, if not decisive, then at least very important in the ultimate French victory. Though France was not able to achieve its ultimate goal of the conquest of Formosa, it still managed to capture and hold Indochina and the Pescadores. American presence at the negotiating table was vital in cementing France’s rule over these areas. America’s actions in this war were to prove vital in the continuation of the Anglo-Franco-American Alliance.[/FONT]

Also, I haven't been getting many comments lately. Unless I know people are reading, I may have to terminate this TL. So please, comment, even if its just to say, "nice update".

The Dude

Banned
As a sick ignorant arsehole, I know good writing when I see it. And this is superb writing. Please continue, good sir.
Only if you promise to comment!

TheUnmentionableSeaMammal

Admittedly defeat in the civil war would shake the US up a lot and it might look more deeply at the world. However I find it doubtful that they would be that willing to send forces, especially ones that large, to help a French colonial campaign in SE Asia. Especially not without getting anything themselves.

Also several divisions is a sizeable proportion of the US army of this time It might be larger in TTL because of tension with the CSA but then that's more likely to pin forces along the north-south frontier.

Steve
Thank you for the input. I must admit that I myself was a little nervous about the whole, "several divisions and most of the Pacific Fleet without getting anything" deal. I will edit these problems out, so now only one division is sent, along with half the Pacific Fleet, and I will mention that the USA gets semi-ownership of some ports.

The Dude

Banned
I hope to bump back this thread to the top and hope it will have a lot of readers. :)
Thank you very much, but this will be quite enough. From now on, only I shall bump this thread, and I shall only do so after updates, and only if around 2 people or less comment.