A House Divided Can Stand Alone: A TL

Now then, I've only read the last installment and nothing up to that point. I am now subscribed and will begin at the beginning.

I'm finally caught up on this interesting TL. I have issue with some things, but nothing major, just some plausibility and butterflies, but it's your story and I won't question your right to tell it.

However, I hate to say, I'm a grammar nazi. "They're" and "Their" and "There" are not the same, nor are they interchangeable.

That's my only real beef. Good stuff overall, though - keep it coming!

It'd be a tough job, as European assassins would stand out a bit amongst Turks, and I think Kemal would be smart enough to give himself tight security...

On the negative side, I kinda like Ataturk: he was both a) a reformer and b) a badass. Him and Lawrence should engage in a Gun Kata style duel. But if your intention is to have the Ottoman Empire survive, I'm fine with that.

The Dude

Banned
I'm finally caught up on this interesting TL. I have issue with some things, but nothing major, just some plausibility and butterflies, but it's your story and I won't question your right to tell it.

However, I hate to say, I'm a grammar nazi. "They're" and "Their" and "There" are not the same, nor are they interchangeable.

That's my only real beef. Good stuff overall, though - keep it coming!
Yeah, that was present early on, but I've since learned my lesson. Glad to see you like it!

It'd be a tough job, as European assassins would stand out a bit amongst Turks, and I think Kemal would be smart enough to give himself tight security...
They're not all European. The main assassin is Persian, like I said. And since most of the collaborators are Arabs, they could infiltrate the area without too much difficulty.

On the negative side, I kinda like Ataturk: he was both a) a reformer and b) a badass. Him and Lawrence should engage in a Gun Kata style duel. But if your intention is to have the Ottoman Empire survive, I'm fine with that.
Now now. Just because Ataturk dies doesn't mean the Empire will survive. Who knows what could happen?

Just finished reading. Phew!

I love it. Lawrence of Arabia meets Enemy at the Gates in Kuwait.

Oh, and when you get around to turning the rest of the Philippines into states, it is a matter of the utmost moral urgency that one of them be named "Sulu.":D

Bumps

Just finished reading. Phew!

I love it. Lawrence of Arabia meets Enemy at the Gates in Kuwait.

Oh, and when you get around to turning the rest of the Philippines into states, it is a matter of the utmost moral urgency that one of them be named "Sulu.":D

Having a ship named USS Sulu would be awesome. ;)

Marc A

Yo,
Is this timeline dead... Man I remember when it started, many moons ago. :p

So are you still interested in this TL TUSM or are your loyal fans like Troyer allowed to continue it in your absence?