I thought it looked like something other than a basic zombie, as well. lol It's called Painnt, I believe.

This is basically exactly what I have thought for a long time! We shall see! WMIT is going into its eighth year since inception. I think we've come a long way! Who knows what the future holds. I someday also want to write a straight-up ASB spinoff where all the "Magickal" elements are straight up true. I've also thought about making a roughly related spinoff where Lovecraftian entities arrive on earth at some point in the 1800-1910 era and end up forcing America to become a theocracy like ITTL to counter the feasters from the stars. Those would always take second fiddle though, and this definitely WMIT proper for the foreseeable future.

The weirdo magik might still be real ITTL, but I've still left it vague enough that there might be nothing at all or this is the "God is dead" universe, and so all these people are murdering each other for nothing and frothing at the mouth not out of any reality of possession by an ectoplasmic force, but just their own madness. Grimdark insanity, for sure. It's almost scarier that way. And honestly much more darkly funny, in a way.
Here’s my proposals for the titles of those spin-offs

Real Magik WMIT: “What Madness Is This?”: Worms, Fluids, and Magiks
Lovecraftian WMIT: “What Madness Is This?”: The Mark of the Beasts

Last edited:
I would recommend your LOTR or The Hobbit equivalent be a thriller book
I actually imagined something like this too. An international thriller with different characters from the WMIT blocs, some more ideologically zealous and others more cynical (cynical ala Frank Underwood from House of cards style), but all ranging in an always confusing scale of morality between "dangerous antihero but otherwise sympathetic" and "unholy child of Beria and Dirlewanger".

The weirdo magik might still be real ITTL,
I've never liked this angle. It diminish, if not outright deny, one of the most important things that characterize TTL, and is this:

there might be nothing at all or this is the "God is dead" universe, and so all these people are murdering each other for nothing and frothing at the mouth not out of any reality of possession by an ectoplasmic force, but just their own madness. Grimdark insanity, for sure. It's almost scarier that way. And honestly much more darkly funny, in a way.
Exactly, if it turned out to be all real, then where's the madness? What madness is that you ask about if there's no madness to begin with?

I've also thought about making a roughly related spinoff where Lovecraftian entities
If there's any lovecraftian thing out there in the WMIT multiverse, the best course for the story to take, I personally think, would be that at most the lovecraftian entities manipulate mankind for their own amusement/plans. A great part of the madness is still humanity's fault. Those entities who have any interest in us intervene just to spice up things or take something they don't like in another direction. For some of them we humans are useful idiots in an unfathomable conspiracy, for others we are a masterpiece of unintentional comedy, a testimony to the laughability of the lesser beings ambitions.

The Worm and Njarl The Angel of Destiny might be real, with the Worm being more honest about it's true nature than Njarl ever was, although that doesn't mean it was telling the whole truth to the cultists. Also, what about those deities whose names Lovecraft was screaming in front of Custer when we first saw him? Hmmn, suspicious.

Now that I think of it better, another "magickal" aspects can be twisted for the madness sake.

Imagine it: the Void is a real dimension, except that everyones souls go there. Doesn't matter if you're pinnacle or inferior, if you're Czar Viktor himself, if you're an übermensch, nor it matters that you're a starving worker in a dutch plantation. Doesn't matter how enlightened or conservative you are, how many people you have killed in Cesar's name in some jungle of India, how many times you've thrown a bomb to an innocent rich family's carriage, how high you shouted "All hail!" when you threw up bats in flames over nipponese villages nor how you became a martyr in the battlefield. Even that you sacrificed all to save the world from any of the above doesn't matter. Because in the end Death makes us equals. All souls are equal in the Void. All wandering in the abyss for eternity. Equally cold, equally tormented...

Well, enough with the edginess. Anyway, these are just my opinions. You're the autor here, so I'm not trying to "correct" you. Just suggesting things.

Now that I think of it better, another "magickal" aspects can be twisted for the madness sake.

Imagine it: the Void is a real dimension, except that everyones souls go there. Doesn't matter if you're pinnacle or inferior, if you're Czar Viktor himself, if you're an übermensch, nor it matters that you're a starving worker in a dutch plantation. Doesn't matter how enlightened or conservative you are, how many people you have killed in Cesar's name in some jungle of India, how many times you've thrown a bomb to an innocent rich family's carriage, how high you shouted "All hail!" when you threw up bats in flames over nipponese villages nor how you became a martyr in the battlefield. Even that you sacrificed all to save the world from any of the above doesn't matter. Because in the end Death makes us equals. All souls are equal in the Void. All wandering in the abyss for eternity. Equally cold, equally tormented...

This would make the Madnessverse even more terrifying.

Another thought: Could you imagine Seinfeld in the Madnessverse.
I've been thinking about it. Most of their behavior would just be par for the course in the Pinnacle Future. George and Elaine would have different surnames, but George would still be the butt of the joke, someone who tries and fails to be truly pinnacle. Kramer might be into Christian Magick or something like that to go with his general weirdness.

I've been thinking about it. Most of their behavior would just be par for the course in the Pinnacle Future. George and Elaine would have different surnames, but George would still be the butt of the joke, someone who tries and fails to be truly pinnacle. Kramer might be into Christian Magick or something like that to go with his general weirdness.
This guy makes the best soup in the city Jerry, the best. You know what they call him? The Soup Loomie!

Another thought: Could you imagine Seinfeld in the Madnessverse.

"Look I'm telling you, Jerry, ever since I joined the ORRA my fluids have NEVER felt more Pinnacle!"
"That's great, George. So what do you actually do? Not many Infees around nowadays."
"Well we...we mostly give out traffic tickets."
"Uh-huh."
"...But I also caught someone practicing Christian magick without a license! Never felt more Pinnacle!"

You know Napo if you ever do a Madness spin off centered on Japan you should definitely watch the following animes first.
  • Ghost in the Shell (cyberpunk)
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion (mecha deconstruction with Lovecraftian Christian themes)
  • Tiger & Bunny (Corporate sponsored superheroes)
  • Seven Scissors (amnesiac barber assassin with a heart)
  • Jin Roh (Japan under Nazi rule)
  • Cowboy Bebop (funky jass bounty hunters in space)
  • Demon Slayer Kimetsu no yaiba
  • Ninja Slayer
  • High School dxd (perverted teenager gers reincarnated as devil and sets out to build a harem)

tabs.jpg

Fun with TABS. lol

The Angel of Destiny's stats are almost all 666. Joe Steele is carrying his belt fed, a reference to his service in Nippon under Harding and Dr. Strangelove. The Martyr Arnold is a weak melee bullet sponge with lots of dodge abilities. The Nutter can banshee scream. Each unit has quirky descriptions. I can actually make these public once I'm done working out the stats for each unit. lol

Rivercat893

Banned
View attachment 608836

Fun with TABS. lol

The Angel of Destiny's stats are almost all 666. Joe Steele is carrying his belt fed, a reference to his service in Nippon under Harding and Dr. Strangelove. The Martyr Arnold is a weak melee bullet sponge with lots of dodge abilities. The Nutter can banshee scream. Each unit has quirky descriptions. I can actually make these public once I'm done working out the stats for each unit. lol
This might be foreshadowing that @Napoleon53 is going to create his What Madness Is This? RPG game soon.

I’ve been thinking of ideas for a WMIT HOIV mod.

RU: Numerous paths with the possibility of Oswald or Patton becoming Steele’s successor. The third possibility if you pick the right choices is starting a civil war over Oswald’s reforms. If his reforms fail you get a massive civil war between Oswald’s government (the RU), Patton’s government (Originalists Coalition Government), the Worm Cult, and MacArthur trying to reclaim order (with a lot of nukes, Orange Bliss, and help from the Clans).

RU Space Tree: When you complete “reach for the stars” a young AFC fanatic and up and coming war criminal Robert A. Heinlein suggests using the rocket program conquering the stars, the final frontier for Jehovah. Next up you go down the tree getting a step closer to launching your first astronauts. What will you do when you get them? Well you keep launching spaceships until one succeeds (20% chance of failing and getting the astronauts killed, 30% chance you fail and no repercussions, 50% chance you succeed after 1955). Then you get a new map (in the style of a army computer) where you get to set up moon bases, place space troops, and put nukes on in case of WWIII. The space troops are really just units for the moon and are in case of WWIII.

WWIII: WWIII starts when the RU managed to go to war with the IPRR and or Europa (or Vice versa). So if you want to destroy the world I suggest going to war with both. This can happen if you mess up one to many crises or declare war through normal means. Be careful when using nukes as they destroy troops, factories, and infrastructure. If you have nukes on the moon or on your space stations you can hit cities from orbit. Probably don’t nuke the moon unless you want to kill all your moon troops through radiation poisoning. The only way to cause other nations to nuke the moon is through starting it yourself or if they’re near capitulation. The way to prevent this is by using your moon and orbital troops to take out the moon bases and launching pads. On the plus side you’ll get extra nukes. Which then you can use them to cause millions of more people to die. The strategic part of WWIII is to figure out how to put troops on the ground to capture enough territory to capitulate them and their puppets. You can take out the airfields, orbital bases, moon bases, and missile bases but those are protected by AA guns and Defense Missiles. Either way some will get through. Otherwise commandos are also a good way to enact sabotage of critical infrastructure. Once you take out the enemies nuclear capabilities you can invade and route the enemies. Or you can sign a treaty promising not to use nukes after the first 50 are fired. This happens every 50 nukes until you sign it or you win or you lose. You probably want to sign it after you’ve destroyed enough enemy troops. Keep in mind if more than 80% of the population dies between the factions civilization collapses for 100,000 years and you lose. Don’t worry you still have plenty of conventional weapons like Tungsten Poles from orbit and high as a kite troops to use in battle. Once the nukes stop flying it plays like a HOIV game except with anti-orbital station missiles, space troops, and fighting on the moon.

More later.

TABS 6.jpg

An officer of the 13th ORRA leads his men into heavy enemy fire somewhere in the Andes (colorized 1942).

tabs 7.jpg

An AFC Zealot leads from the rear for morale purposes during a battle for a Papist Monastery (colorized, 1939)

tabs9.jpg

The Ultimate Sacrifice. "FOR THE ATHELING BOYS! JUST OVER THAT RIDGE!"

TABS10.jpg

Never forget. (slow motion fatalities as the crescendo of Battle Hymn of the Republic plays)

Last edited:
would the NUSA be focused on physical education like this on steroids'
where every highschooler managed to look like a generic isekai protagonist complete with the six pack and bulging muscles training the next generation on how to be swool for chucks meat grinder

It is indeed Battle Simulator.

Lemme tell ya, it's really weird and surreal to be playing a game, however comical, where I can take control of an ORRA trooper and open up from the brush with a beltfed onto a sea of Frenchmen. I'm listening to a Fourth of July soundtrack instead of gameplay music, but left sound effects on, and it deepens the immersion. lmao

tabs11.jpg

tabs12.jpg

I'm gonna create more and different units and sea where I can take this tonight. I'm working on balance right now.

Last edited: