Victoria II

Mwahahaha! Worlds second largest population too. Most of Africa was states save for 4 colonies (Cairo, Alexandria and two provinces in west-central Africa) but they would have turned within a couple years of game end. Also, Madagascar is my sphere-ling and Ally, plus i invested a lot into their economy. Interestingly enough, Madagascar never really saw any combat the whole game. Sure they were at war, but never actually fought besides losing a single transport here or there. They are now my peaceful little client states with a modern economy and well rounded army and population

I did have to cheat somewhat though. In the end, I was a semi-constitutional monarchy with Fascists in power, but the political system was still open. Huge army number around 870 brigades and a huge navy with around 40 dreadnoughts and 100 cruisers.

x1yg7jO.jpg

Grey Wolf

Donor
My Albania has about 30 dreadnoughts, closing on 40. I've got a tarrif-based economy, so my economic score is 8th, but I am no 1 in the world for the military and would have been no 1 for prestige except that I forgot about a crisis and lost 299 prestige points!

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf

Donor
Albania went down fighting in the Great Fucked Up War of 1938 designed to annex Ottoman Thessalia and thus join the Albanian heartlands to their Greek provinces and (I assume) make the whole lot contiguous.

Unfortunately, not only did I have to fight Britain (which I had prepared for) but France and Italy also decided it would be fun to join in.

The King and his chief ministers shot themselves, whilst the Crown Prince nicked the crown jewels and fled to Argentina.

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf

Donor
What does this mean?

Oh yes, I saw this in an 1839 Bavarian newspaper and have no idea what it means?

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

what does this mean.jpg

Oh yes, I saw this in an 1839 Bavarian newspaper and have no idea what it means?

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

It's an old joke. Person receives a letter with some money in it from a charitable source (God, Santa ...) then writes back to say that the people at the post office must have taken some of it.

Grey Wolf

Donor
OK, I have some bones to pick with HoD

1) My armies are shit. I have all the techs, I have high spending, and I even have some of my armies mixed and some all cavalry BUT in battle against the Prussians, I ALWAYS lose to their smaller armies. What is going on?!

2) Lola Montez! I can see it must have been put in as a limiter on Bavaria to prevent it from gaining GP status early on, but when you are actually PLAYING Bavaria it comes across as very random and unfair, undoing a lot of your hard work.

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

Ryan

Donor
OK, I have some bones to pick with HoD

1) My armies are shit. I have all the techs, I have high spending, and I even have some of my armies mixed and some all cavalry BUT in battle against the Prussians, I ALWAYS lose to their smaller armies. What is going on?!

2) Lola Montez! I can see it must have been put in as a limiter on Bavaria to prevent it from gaining GP status early on, but when you are actually PLAYING Bavaria it comes across as very random and unfair, undoing a lot of your hard work.

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

what composition are you using for your armies? I recommend (as it works for me) the following composition:
4/5 infantry (later guard)
4/5 artillery
2 dragoon (later planes)
2 engineer (later tank)

Grey Wolf

Donor
what composition are you using for your armies? I recommend (as it works for me) the following composition:
4/5 infantry (later guard)
4/5 artillery
2 dragoon (later planes)
2 engineer (later tank)

Oh interesting!

I was doing it more like 4 or 5 hussar, 2 artillery, 2 engineer and the rest infantry

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

Ryan

Donor
Oh interesting!

I was doing it more like 4 or 5 hussar, 2 artillery, 2 engineer and the rest infantry

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

yeah, that's not a great idea. as far as I know, cavalry and engineers are only really there to help speed up occupation and combat dug in enemies.
the reason for having 2 each is that it maxes out their bonuses for occupation.

your armies should really be majority infantry and artillery, as they're front line troops and very good support units for the front line troops respectively.

Gonder > Abyssinian Empire > Ethiopia. This is playing with Vickymod. I kinda wish their were a fourth level.

If you’d played Victoria Ultimate you could have switched to a federalized African Union.

‘Course then you’d be up against the European Union, South American Union, and Moon and Mars colonies turned back on the world. :p

Grey Wolf

Donor
Contiguity is bollocks

If I'm playing as Bavaria and take Hamburg, then they should bloody well be able to build me a battleship!

Beset Rearguards
Grey Wolf

Well my Japan game has been interesting in the Chinese sense. North German Federation formed then got ganked by Russia, Austria, and France multiple times to where Bavaria and Austria are the main German states. Italy has lost their northeast to Austria and went communist. Austria went to war too much and lost so now they're fascist.

Russia beat down and took most of China, then after Russia had 3 wars in a row and 2 at the same time I declared on them and took Sakhalin and Manchuria. China took the initiative and declared right after I peaced out and retook almost everything they lost. China later decided to try and take Manchuria from me through weight of numbers (military score 1000+) but quality > quantity and I got to cut them down to size by the end of it through battle score alone.

It's the 1920s now and a great war over some foolish thing in South Tirol just ended. The great powers are rearranged and The Philippines are my next target (new nation with no allies or friends). A militarized America is my staunch ally and the British menace will soon know our wrath!

Victoria II: Things That Happen #2

The one where I only have one thing to show you guys.

So I've been playing more lately and saw the United States taking on the Ottoman Empire in the 1850s.

U.S. soldiers in the Balkans (!)

Could the USA have pulled that off back then (logistically)?

The US could have feasibly fought some kind of limited naval war against the Ottomans. Perhaps even occupy a port if they can get some support from some nation in the region. But it could not have landed an army for a large scale invasion. America neither has the will or the capability to do something like that IOTL 1850s.

I need some advice. How hard would it be to play as the United States and conquer all of the Americas, on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being playing a peaceful game as the UK and 10 being an aggressively expansionist game as Krakow. Also, at what point can the USA usually take the UK?

Last edited:
I need some advice. How hard would it be to play as the United States and conquer all of the Americas, on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being playing a peaceful game as the UK and 10 being an aggressively expansionist game as Krakow. Also, at what point can the USA usually take the UK?
As in military conquer? The infamy would be ridiculous!