Should the Church of Scotland and England be unified?

• Total voters

VVD0D95

Banned
Interesting chapters, the kingdoms name is intriguing, Britannia would’ve harkened back to the old Arthurian myths, great seems to fit james pomposity.

immigration of Catholics ro Ireland is definitely going t spark a demographic competition.

though I do wonder what will happen now with Ireland having some form of toleration.

Interesting chapters, the kingdoms name is intriguing, Britannia would’ve harkened back to the old Arthurian myths, great seems to fit james pomposity.
partially why the name was chosen
immigration of Catholics ro Ireland is definitely going t spark a demographic competition.
slightly, though most of the Catholics are going there of their own will spread across a large period of time, and mostly will be going native
though I do wonder what will happen now with Ireland having some form of toleration.
that would be telling!

That said what do you guys think will be the best course of action for the colonization of the Americas here?

That said what do you guys think will be the best course of action for the colonization of the Americas here?
Have the government provide the charters and intial capital then have various private enterprises and individuals to contribute to the set-up. Spread the costs around and gives it legitimacy.

By the way in this TL would the Stuart dream of absolutism realized? @Sārthākā
Under Henry Frederick? I think it could be
James wasn't much of an absolutist. He was more like you do you you let me do me with parliament. Charles was more absolutist but even he steered away from stripping power from parliament when he convened his royalist parliament during the civil war. Henry was between the two in positions. He was more assertive than James with parliament but knew when to back down and respect Parliament's power unlike Charles.

think going for what @kelgar04 suggests would be the most sensible
Fair biggest issue is what comes afterwards once's the Colony gets to a particular size does it become something like a self-governing territory with an elected minister back in Britain to represent their interests? Or something else?

Also when they get big enough do they get merged with others to create larger territories on top of that as well you run into the issue of do we use transportation.

Last edited:

VVD0D95

Banned
Fair biggest issue is what comes afterwards once's the Colony gets to a particular size does it become something like a self-governing territory with an elected minister back in Britain to represent their intrests? Or something else?
Indeed will be interesting to see how that’s handled.
So could the Stuarts after several generations reduce the it to arump parliament where it acts as a rubber stamp for the monarch.
I think the Stuarts need to strip the parliament of its taxation rights.
theoretically they could

So could the Stuarts after several generations reduce the it to arump parliament where it acts as a rubber stamp for the monarch.
I think the Stuarts need to strip the parliament of its taxation rights.
They could they could also not. It really depends on the circumstances and monarchs involved.

Gasp, an actual competent king that managed to effect meaningful change for the betterment of both himself and his country? Are you sure this is a British monarch and not a SI?