• Philip, Duke of Palatinate-Neuburg

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Other man

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Henri of Valois, Duke of Orléans

Votes: 6 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Cranmer will find out about the regime change in england before he sets foot there and I think he's to smart to risk Mary and Catherine coming down on him like the wrath of god. I think that since we're in 1532, the main movement of protestantism had dropped. They are very much a minority right now and their main backers are gone.
I agree, I think Cranmer will be heading for a more friendly country than England.

Most certainly. Now what will happen to Cromwell, that is the question.

well he can always use the excuse of having worked under duress for the Boleyn faction so as not to anger the king, furthermore I believe that Catherine and Mary know how to recognize the qualities of a person, and those of Cromwell are undoubted, certainly there is the he has the stain of having been a protégé of Wolsey, but all things considered he should be fine

well he can always use the excuse of having worked under duress for the Boleyn faction so as not to anger the king, furthermore I believe that Catherine and Mary know how to recognize the qualities of a person, and those of Cromwell are undoubted, certainly there is the he has the stain of having been a protégé of Wolsey, but all things considered he should be fine
I think he can land on his feet.

So glad to see this back! As for Cromwell, my opinion is that he is a survivor and will find his place in Mary's England, hopefully among her trusted councillors.

Cromwell will bounce back. He is far too efficient and pragmatic to not be able to weasel his way into Katherine and Mary's good graces. And, please correct me if I am wrong, depending how much his motives were for destroying church corruption and making English rich, I could see him working out a compromise.

As for Cranmer, I suspect his fate will be a lot like OTL. He just won't be archbishop.

Also welcome back. I love this TL.

And, please correct me if I am wrong, depending how much his motives were for destroying church corruption and making English rich, I could see him working out a compromise.
The idea of dissolving at least some monastic houses in England had been floated since the 1510s so I think Cromwell can get Mary to go ahead with dissolving the worst offenders in regards to corruption, etc.

The idea of dissolving at least some monastic houses in England had been floated since the 1510s so I think Cromwell can get Mary to go ahead with dissolving the worst offenders in regards to corruption, etc.
Didn't Katherine's parents do their own dissolving of defunct religious houses? I thought I had seen that somewhere, but I can't remember where.

Cromwell will bounce back. He is far too efficient and pragmatic to not be able to weasel his way into Katherine and Mary's good graces. And, please correct me if I am wrong, depending how much his motives were for destroying church corruption and making English rich, I could see him working out a compromise.

As for Cranmer, I suspect his fate will be a lot like OTL. He just won't be archbishop.

Also welcome back. I love this TL.
That is true, he definitely is. On the plus side, Thomas More gets to keep his head as well!
A spiritual cleansing in England sounds good.
Didn't Katherine's parents do their own dissolving of defunct religious houses? I thought I had seen that somewhere, but I can't remember where.
They definitely did some house cleaning of their own.