• Philip, Duke of Palatinate-Neuburg

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Other man

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Henri of Valois, Duke of Orléans

Votes: 6 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's right. Cromwell was on the ship as well... Mwahaha.

I think it's more like Catherine signed the letter like that out of affection for her daughter.
That is a merciful end for Cranmer and Cromwell. Far better to go down in a ship with your king than to be executed for treason.

I'd think that way before to impacting on the Huguenots settlement in Quebec, 'the sinking ship', pod and the butterflies flapping from it, would, IMO, be probable to affect first and foremost to the Netherlands rebellion and to the would be English colonist in North America Atlantic coast. And if so, I'd guess that it would afec t too to way that the would be English settlements would develop and to the kind of colonies that would evolve/organize from these eventual settlements in N. America.

I'd think that way before to impacting on the Huguenots settlement in Quebec, 'the sinking ship', pod and the butterflies flapping from it, would, IMO, be probable to affect first and foremost to the Netherlands rebellion and to the would be English colonist in North America Atlantic coast. And if so, I'd guess that it would afec t too to way that the would be English settlements would develop and to the kind of colonies that would evolve/organize from these eventual settlements in N. America.

wait the huguenots never tried to colonize Canada, that was an exclusively catholic royal colony, instead they tried first in florida then in brazil (being wiped out by the iberians, also with i think in this TL they try since they didn't have no one important to support them in contrast to Otl where there were important individuals at court pushing them (here French politics may change)

while for England perhaps colonization is initiated easily (I don't think Charles will protest much as they are not the French, and they are not hitting the Spanish colonies directly)

Chapter 3 - The Road from Beaulieu
Chapter 3 – The Road from Beaulieu

That letter would be opened by Mary when the messengers reached Essex. And by dawn, Mary left Beaulieu accompanied by her household guards, her faithful ladies and other attendants. As she reached the city of Chelmsford, she stopped at the town square while the commoners gathered, their curiosity awakened by their princess entry. Dressed in black velvet and cloth of gold with a fur cape around her to ward of the cold, Mary spoke from atop of her soberly attired white mare. Her words were simple, but powerful.

A loyal and faithful daughter who feared for her father at sea. Of wanting to see her mother, the beloved queen Catherine in London. She rode for the city to assure the worries of many, now that it seemed dark clouds were to gather at the horizon. No desire but to be a steadfast support, no desire but to show that despite fear, there was someone the people could turn to in times of grief. A living emblem of the hearts of all good Englishmen and Englishwomen.

When Mary departed from Chelmsford, the words spread like wildfire. Their princess was going to London. As she rode on towards the city, her entourage swelled. From her meagre household that she started out with, she ended up with over 5,000 men following her into the heart of London. Her aunt, Mary, had sent her an entourage of 800 men, composed of riders and bowmen, men dressed in armour and livery, carrying flags and spears. Over 3,000 soldiers, guardsmen and knights had ridden to meet her along the way and Mary greeted all with grace, thanking them for their protection and assuring that she was only going to London as the rightful Princess and not to conquer.

It was a play straight out of her ancestor’s book. Henry IV had claimed something similar upon his return to England in 1399, her great-grandfather Edward IV had claimed to return in order to get his Dukedom back in 1471. Mary, being the daughter of both the Rose of Lancaster and the Rose of York, would prove to be every inch her ancestor’s heir in 1532.

Her grand entry into London days later would prove to be a splendid affair. The procession entered into Stratford in the east on the twenty first of October, while Londoners had gathered along the streets, some having climbed unto roofs and windows to see the procession of the first Queen Regnant of England into the heart of the kingdom.

Mary-in-1544-perhaps-by-Master-John.jpg

Mary I of England

The entourage stopped at St Paul’s Cathedral where Catherine of Aragon awaited her along with the lord mayor Sir Stephen Peacock. In attendance was also several nobles and members of Parliament, as well as former Lord Chancellor Thomas More, beaming with pride. At the time of the arrival, all of England had been made aware that Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn had perished at sea.. While the king was heavily mourned, Anne had made herself unpopular with several nobles, so Mary had several potential allies in her corner. Most importantly, now she was finally reunited with her mother, much to both’s relief.

Now it would be up to the first true queen regnant of England to prove her mettle for the whole of the kingdom. For many of the commoners and townspeople, she had already started to make a good progress.

Author's Note: Mary is in London and Catherine is reunited with her daughter! And Cromwell got a hail Mary (appropriatly enought) so he lives.

Last edited:
Cranmer and the Duke of Norfolk must be sweating bullets right about now.
They are not having the best time of their lives at the moment, nope. We will see Cranmer in the next chapter where he is due for the surprise of his life. But just let me put this out now, the Howards are not stupid.
Cromwell was surprisingly friendly towards mary iotl, i can only assume he would be even more so if she were queen, religious differences notwithstanding
Crap! I shall bring him back to life and as Mary's faithful zombie counselor then 🤣
What the French reaction to Henry VIII death?
Well, they are eyeing Calais in the near future, let me just spoil yea.