• Philip, Duke of Palatinate-Neuburg

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Other man

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Henri of Valois, Duke of Orléans

Votes: 6 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If she is smart Catherine will keep her mouth shut on the circumstances of Henry‘s death and what were his plans as that would definitely NOT help Mary to take and hold the Crown.
I think that making the Boleyn family into the devils who lead the king astray isn't to out of character for Catherine. Plus her supporters are gonna blame them. And she doesn't need to tell that he would have married Anne as soon as possible.

I love Anne, but the irony of her saying that the Spanish should sink to the bottom of the sea is just too delicious for me not to point out. Regardless, let my COA and Mary shine!

Will Catherine be regent for a few years?

If she is smart Catherine will keep her mouth shut on the circumstances of Henry‘s death and what were his plans as that would definitely NOT help Mary to take and hold the Crown.
That....would. "The king was tricked to his death, leaving behind his true heir" is a perfectly good reason (see: Richard of Gloucester)

I love Anne, but the irony of her saying that the Spanish should sink to the bottom of the sea is just too delicious for me not to point out. Regardless, let my COA and Mary shine!

It is a delightful irony that it's what happened. While having Catherine's jewels as well.

Mary is 16 years old, that was usually considered old enough for monarchs to rule in their own right. But Mary will of course seek Cathrine's advice so she still would be influential.
The question is: would James want to marry her?
It would make him King Consort and his oldest surviving son King of England so marrying his cousin Mary would definately make sense. There were of course two factions at his court, the pro-French one around the deposed regent John Stewart, Duke of Albany, pushing for a French match and the pro-English one around his mother Margaret Tudor, favouring an English marriage.

Last edited:
Mary is 16 years old, that was usually considered old enough for monarchs to rule in their own right. But Mary will of cource seek Cathrine's advice so she still would be influential.
Catherine is definitly gonna be her daughter's protector for the first years as she's still somewhat young. But Mary is gonna shape up just fine.
Mary is 16 years old, that was usually considered old enough for monarchs to rule in their own right. But Mary will of cource seek Cathrine's advice so she still would be influential.

It would make him King Consort and his oldest surviving son King of England so marrying his cousin Mary would definately make sense. There were of course two factions at his court, the pro-French one around the deposed regent John Stewart, Duke of Albany, pushing for a French match and the pro-English one around his mother Mary Tudor, favouring an English marriage.
True. And while James was rather anti-english and did not want to listen to his mother, he's still the king and Mary brings a crown. Not everything is set in stone. And James and Mary can bond over annoying Tudor parents! 🤣

Mary will be limited to one or two husbands in this tl. But I'm sure someone else will write that scenario.
For the sheer chaos potential, imagine Mary as the mother of the future kings of both France and Denmark. And then marrying James as his second wife, producing heirs to both England/Scotland...

For the sheer chaos potential, imagine Mary as the mother of the future kings of both France and Denmark. And then marrying James as his second wife, producing heirs to both England/Scotland...
@ranichi17 has a timeline that is more along those lines. Its also ten times better than anything I will ever write in my life. I must admit I got inspiration from that, so credit to you!

@ranichi17 has a timeline that is more along those lines. Its also ten times better than anything I will ever write in my life. I must admit I got inspiration from that, so credit to you!
Oh I know and love this TL to bits. I also really love the Francois/Mary marriage