The Land of Freedom

Where did all those whites come from? Africa's population isn't like North America, it was far more populated and resistant to any disease, while whites would suffer from African disease like they did in OTL (like malaria).

Last edited:

Asami

Banned
Where did all those whites come from? Africa's population isn't like North America, it was far more populated and resistant to any disease, while whites would suffer from African disease like they did in OTL (like malaria).

If you'd care to read the timeline again...

It's been stated numerous times that Georgia has been making efforts to combat African diseases by researching and studying them -- there is a large cabinet position entirely dedicated to studying disease and pestilence, and Georgia does receive a very large amount of white immigration from Europe, and has since the 1800s. Georgia was already colonizing into the interior by the mid-1850s, long before the region could be colonized by Europe OTL; this is because Georgia has been working on creating medicines and cures for diseases that plague the region. Malaria, so on and so forth... Combine this, with the fact that ATL is more technologically advanced than OTL... :p

If you'd care to read the timeline again...

It's been stated numerous times that Georgia has been making efforts to combat African diseases by researching and studying them -- there is a large cabinet position entirely dedicated to studying disease and pestilence, and Georgia does receive a very large amount of white immigration from Europe, and has since the 1800s. Georgia was already colonizing into the interior by the mid-1850s, long before the region could be colonized by Europe OTL; this is because Georgia has been working on creating medicines and cures for diseases that plague the region. Malaria, so on and so forth...
But those areas are already populated by blacks who wouldn't be happy at whites coming in and pushing them out of the land they lived in for millennia.

There's no illness that Europeans are resistant to and Africans are not. How could those areas, which before European colonisation had a high population, be majority white? The only answer I can figure out is genocide. Did Georgia commit genocide?

Asami

Banned
But those areas are already populated by blacks who wouldn't be happy at whites coming in and pushing them out of the land they lived in for millennia.

There's no illness that Europeans are resistant to and Africans are not. How could those areas, which before European colonisation had a high population, be majority white? The only answer I can figure out is genocide. Did Georgia commit genocide?

No, they didn't commit genocide. The blacks weren't necessarily pushed off their land, it was common for whites to make deals with any black natives in the area, and then also interbreed with them. Whites qualify as both Arabs, and biracial people.

No, they didn't commit genocide. The blacks weren't necessarily pushed off their land, it was common for whites to make deals with any black natives in the area, and then also interbreed with them. Whites qualify as both Arabs, and biracial people.
Ah. So, the map isn't technically fully accurate, and if it distinguished between white and biracial, white would be far smaller?

Asami

Banned
Ah. So, the map isn't technically fully accurate, and if it distinguished between white and biracial, white would be far smaller?

If we looked at "biracial" as a seperate category, whites would not be a majority in any province (except maybe the Netherlands, and the North Spanish provinces...), considering they're all basically fresh immigrants from Europe; it becomes almost inevitable that you're going to marry into a biracial family, as Georgia lacks the "blacks are lesser than us" feeling that OTL had. Hence why "white" applies to most of everyone except for tribals/completely monoracial Africans. The term should be revised, but that's what it is thus far on the census. :p

All the founding families (Jefferson, Adams, Burr, Arnold, etc.) are all biracial families now, and then major families such as Taylor, Goering, Pierce, etc. are all mixed race as well.

"Blacks", as on the map, are basically the tribal Africans that haven't married into any non-black families.

Ah. I see. So to some non-Georgians, Georgia is not a white nation?

And is the African heritage celebrated as well? I see they celebrate their Amerikaner heritage, but there's another side as well.

Which president was the last fully white one?

Asami

Banned
Ah. I see. So to some non-Georgians, Georgia is not a white nation?

And is the African heritage celebrated as well? I see they celebrate their Amerikaner heritage, but there's another side as well.

Which president was the last fully white one?

1. In a sense, not many nations do that anymore. France was the last nation to see Georgians as "not white", as they labeled them "Anglo-Dutch speaking negroids". Ever since the end of the Dark War, Georgia is whatever they want people to think they are... nobody questions it.

2. African heritage is celebrated as well, yes, they have festivals every year and African holidays are federally recognized.

3. The last "pure white" president is Michael Steele, since he's not biracial, but a Kartvelian refugee. Before him, the last "pure white" President was Heinrich Goering. The last "pure black" President was Harriet Foster.

Asami

Banned
Got it.

The pictures of the Presidents make them look quite white, though.

And a completely different topic, what happened to Hawaii.

Yes, despite their biracial status, most of them are pale skinned. That's just a coincidence.

Hawaii was conquered by Japan at some point, I must've forgotten to mention it?

EDIT: Read Chapter 31 again. Japan overthrew and annexed the native monarchy during their war against Mexico in WW2.

The war for Japan expanded beyond the Philippines, spreading east as Japan annexed the islands called Hawaii. The native monarchy there was subsumed to the greater Japanese influence as Japan began to harass Mexico on it's home-front with ships, using both Hawaii, and refueling stations in the Council Republics, provided to a friendly ally vis-a-vis Georgia.

Asami

Banned
Last edited:
This is for Reddit. Hi, I'm Sakura_F, otherwise known as /u/Ranma_chan on Reddit! It's not nice to post people's maps without credit, Windows7Guy100! :p

http://www.reddit.com/r/imaginarymaps/comments/3a257t/map_of_the_world_of_the_land_of_freedom_alternate/]

EDIT: LOL, "White power fantasy", sure buddy. I'm TOTALLY a white supremacist. Hey Turquoise, Admiral Halsey, rjd1997, we're all part of a Nazi death cult, or some KKK fetish group. Surprise master race. :eek: (I'm obviously kidding)

ARRR HAIRRR GEORGIA!! :p

(Just realized that could go for both OTL and ATL. :D)

This is for Reddit. Hi, I'm Sakura_F, otherwise known as /u/Ranma_chan on Reddit! It's not nice to post people's maps without credit, Windows7Guy100! :p

http://www.reddit.com/r/imaginarymaps/comments/3a257t/map_of_the_world_of_the_land_of_freedom_alternate/]

EDIT: LOL, "White power fantasy", sure buddy. I'm TOTALLY a white supremacist. Hey Turquoise, Admiral Halsey, rjd1997, we're all part of a Nazi death cult, or some KKK fetish group. Surprise master race. :eek: (I'm obviously kidding)

*GASP*

He must have found my prized golden Swastica collection! And all those sheets with eyeholes and wooden crosses ready for burning in my attic!

:p:p:p

http://www.reddit.com/r/imaginaryma..._the_world_of_the_land_of_freedom_alternate/]

Hey, I'm sorry about that.