The Land of Freedom

Now, mates, should the TL be renamed, or should it retain its current one?

I'd like to see a rename personally, but I don't have many good suggestions. Amerikaner Paradise, Washington's Legacy, and African America are a few that I have. I could make up more if you want.

I suggest a renaming but I don't know what.

Actually, my proposals were meant to actually make Georgia become even bigger than what it is in its current incarnation and make expansion happen faster than usual. It's just not apparent in my proposals because I think there's some misunderstanding in the fact that while I am proposing a gradualist looking territorial expansion, I am actually building things up so that future integrations can happen and become even more solid looking. There's some misunderstanding here about nation-state expansionism. I've encountered this before in the United States of Ameriwank thread. That's why I said that Georgian companies must go to Mozambique and West Africa even before the British get there. Once you get a hold on these places economically by building an economic network beyond the borders of the current Georgian nation-state, there's nothing that the Portuguese and the British Empire can do. You've already taken the place. You get to these places ideologically and economically at first, then you enter them formally into the Union and bring them to Georgia out of certain circumstances you can cook up. It's not that impossible. It's a gradual territorial expansion coinciding with a super-fast continental economic and ideological expansion benefiting Georgia at the end leading to future massive annexations. This is not a formula for regional power dominance I'm suggesting. This is a formula for Georgia to get beyond its current borders in the first version, believe me. You can bring other parts of the world in this, heck, even the whole world you know.

But I still support you in whatever you have in mind.

Asami

Banned
I suggest a renaming but I don't know what it is.

Actually, my proposals were meant to actually make Georgia become even bigger than what it is in its current incarnation and make expansion happen faster than usual. It's just not apparent in my proposals because I think there's some misunderstanding in the fact that while I am proposing a gradualist looking territorial expansion, I am actually building things up so that future integrations can happen and become even more solid looking. There's some misunderstanding here about nation-state expansionism. I've encountered this before in the United States of Ameriwank thread. That's why I said that Georgian companies must go to Mozambique and West Africa even before the British get there. Once you get a hold on these places economically by building an economic network beyond the borders of the current Georgian nation-state, there's nothing that the British Empire can do. You've already taken the place. You get to these places ideologically and economically at first, then you enter them formally into the Union and bring them to Georgia. It's not that impossible. It's a gradual territorial expansion coinciding with a super-fast continental economic and ideological expansion benefiting Georgia at the end. This is not a formula for regional power dominance. This is a formula for Georgia to get beyond its current borders in the first version, believe me. You can bring other parts of the world in this, heck, even the whole world.

It just kinda seems like Georgia's taking it's sweet time expanding, and could easily get chewed up by the British, who will have greater economic and military power. Georgia can't really say no if Britain shows up with twice it's military and economic power and says "leave".

Bleh. I'll have to think about it.

Honestly the idea of Georgia having more territory sounds like trying to solve the whole Ameriwank situation by adding further Ameriwank. It just seems counter-intuitive to me.

Now, mates, should the TL be renamed, or should it retain its current one?
I suggest you change the title to The Free Union of Georgia.
Also, have the martial eagle, a bird of prey native to Africa, be the national animal of Georgia in the rewrite instead of the bald eagle.
Polemaetus_bellicosus_-Masai_Mara-8.jpg

It just kinda seems like Georgia's taking it's sweet time expanding, and could easily get chewed up by the British, who will have greater economic and military power. Georgia can't really say no if Britain shows up with twice it's military and economic power and says "leave".

Bleh. I'll have to think about it.

That's why I've suggested that putting the Georgian Commonwealth under theoretical British protection (your proposal of having the British take Georgian economic concessions sounds great) can mean that Georgians can skillfully use the cloak of British naval and commercial power to their advantage. With Georgia under theoretical British influence, you circumnavigate the usage of British hard power against Georgia since the British themselves are using Georgians to expand British power which actually means Georgian power once the East India Company set up its center of operations more in the Cape than in London. And the Georgian Commonwealth entices British immigration and investment well here and you need that with the country under the British economic market and without diamonds and gold yet. And to raise revenue, without a high tariff wall and in agrarian society, I suggested Painist progressivism to raise money. Through the British; you get to the East Indies earlier than usual. Have it become British than Dutch. You get into India and have it for Georgia. You economically penetrate Mozambique and Portugal has no choice but to comply or have the guns of British ships firing there. You use the African population to create connections to the Caribbean and liberated slaves in North America. You can even bring continental British North America to Georgia, of course not territorially. At least not right away. ;) You have British Georgian ships get to Japan and swallow Japan right away to Georgian sphere of influence. I can imagine various states and territories that are nominally British arranged in a myriad of forms that is all centered in the Georgian Commonwealth institutions.

But it's up to you again. I'm just explaining how I came up with this. :)

That's why I've suggested that putting the Georgian Commonwealth under theoretical British protection (your proposal of having the British take Georgian economic concessions sounds great) can mean that Georgians can skillfully use the cloak of British naval and commercial power to their advantage. With Georgia under theoretical British influence, you circumnavigate the usage of British hard power against Georgia since the British themselves are using Georgians to expand British power which actually means Georgian power once the East India Company set up its center of operations more in the Cape than in London. And the Georgian Commonwealth entices British immigration and investment well here and you need that with the country under the British economic market and without diamonds and gold yet. And to raise revenue, without a high tariff wall and in agrarian society, I suggested Painist progressivism to raise money. Through the British; you get to the East Indies earlier than usual. Have it become British than Dutch. You get into India and have it for Georgia. You economically penetrate Mozambique and Portugal has no choice but to comply or have the guns of British ships firing there. You use the African population to create connections to the Caribbean and liberated slaves in North America. You can even bring continental British North America to Georgia, of course not territorially. At least not right away. You have British Georgian ships get to Japan and swallow Japan right away to Georgian sphere of influence. I can imagine various states and territories that are nominally British arranged in a myriad of forms that is all centered in the Georgian Commonwealth institutions.

But it's up to you again. I'm just explaining how I came up with this.

Seriously, Libertad. This still sounds like your answer to the plausibility situation is that it wasn't wanked quite enough. I'm still kind of irritated by the way you derailed one of my favorite timelines. Georgia has enough land as it is. It's not going to make it more plausible to shove in more land faster.

Honestly the idea of Georgia having more territory sounds like trying to solve the whole Ameriwank situation by adding further Ameriwank. It just seems counter-intuitive to me.

It's not the Ameriwank that's the problem. It's how the expansion was presented as well as the fact of circumnavigating the British threat to the very possibility of an existence of Georgia at the beginning. You can fix that and even open new opportunities for further Ameriwank. It's also that Georgia doesn't look more African culturally despite a multiracial African majority, that in a Latin American manner, is called "white". Look at Latin America in OTL despite the white assimilation. We don't get something like that in Georgia. It's either you get something OTL African or OTL European. There's no convergence or inter-mixtures. It almost presented a scenario of cultural genocide of Africans except its more benign through intermarriages and Africans adopting European culture entirely. They're the Native Americans of Georgia. It's too convenient a transplant of OTL United States to Africa. It has to be very different in certain dimensions. There's also the concerns about the latest war. It became too brutal in a bad way, as some people was saying. You can still present that war but in a different way despite the brutality. It's very different here. It's almost genocidal behavior. It's not very anti-Draka.

Seriously, Libertad. This still sounds like your answer to the plausibility situation is that it wasn't wanked quite enough. I'm still kind of irritated by the way you derailed one of my favorite timelines. Georgia has enough land as it is. It's not going to make it more plausible to shove in more land faster.

Honestly, Sakura_F is right that if we get too plausible in making the reboot, Georgia is just going to be another South Africa. And He's right. I almost presented that it's what's going to happen. Because if we stick to the usual formula presented here, that's what's going to happen. It's just not possible. Georgia is going to hit a natural wall on building boundaries. Things are just not in favor of Georgia acting like a benign USA in expanding northwards. But you can present the territorial expansion in a different way so that we can get to the usual presentation that by 1900; we get that map that Sakura_F made. And included in that different presentation is the possibility that you can expand it up even more.

I am really sorry if I derailed a favorite thread of many people here, which also happens to be my favorite. But if you really like it, you're going to make it better than just stay the way it is. That's why you get versions 2 or 3 of many timelines here. Because I'm uncomfortable with the entire misunderstanding by many people of Georgia acting all genocidal or assimilating Africans and destroying their cultures and the "white power fantasy" connotations out there.

Don't you guys realize that I suggested that the current form of the timeline be finished to its conclusion? That's what I want. I want this finished! But the author said no. So what can I do?

I'm going to stop proposing then if people think I'm just destroying things.

I'm ending this by saying to Sakura_F that you can proceed in making version 2 without considering anything that I've been proposing here. It's your TL after all. I'm done.

Last edited:

Asami

Banned
You're not destroying things, mate. There's no need for anybody to get upset at anyone. This timeline was derailed because I had problems with how it was being written. I had reached a point where it became overblown and needed genocide on the scale of the Dark War to make anything worth writing.

Nobody should be harassed over this. I swear to God.

I still think that Georgia had more than enough time at the point when you derailed the timeline. You know what'd be a good idea? If they took a page from "For Want of a Nail" and have the Patriots go to Mexico/New Spain. I've been dying for a more realistic version of that scenario for ages. A freaking corporation with nukes? What absolute nonsense!