Roman India

Maybe I am misunderstanding things. What is the accepted definition of "wank" as it related to AH?

Generally, a "wank" is defined as a scenario/TL in which something (a nation, an empire, a religion, etc.) is extremely (and somewhat unreasonably) successful.

mojojojo

Gone Fishin'
Generally, a "wank" is defined as a scenario/TL in which something (a nation, an empire, a religion, etc.) is extremely (and somewhat unreasonably) successful.
Thats what I thought
However, I digress looking back over the old posts I see that Thande was enthusiastic about the idea of a Christianized India ( and it is his thread) I will derail no more.

Last edited:
IMO they would never lose it, though it would inevitably change and take on a lot of Indian elements. Look at groups like the Parsees, they've been in India for over a thousand years yet still retain their Persian and Zoroastrian identity.
It can really go both ways though. The Siddis of western India, essentially just Gujarat, have lost almost all of their original east African heritage. In fact the only thing they have left that is even remotely African is their music.

That's it. So the Indii (horrid name I know but I just needed something because I didn't feel like typing Romano-Indian) could either keep their original culture and combine that with the mutability of Indian and Roman cultures and you'd get a very, very cool mix. I'd love to see how Romans react to the Heraklid version of Vajrapani and what surviving elements of Greco-Buddhism there are.

Or they could be totally subsumed by the Indians, whichever.

You all are forgeting the Axumites.
Axum had a trade network in the 3rd ~4th centuries that extented from Roman Britain to Indo China.
So this Roman State in India would for it's first century or so, would compete with Axum in the Red Sea and Eurthian Oceans trade back to Rome.

So some Roman Merchant [or Group of] desides to establish a Termius in India to promote Roman Trade.
Some Roman Legionaries are recrited to defend the Merchants holding in India, while Roman Marines are hired to defend the Ships.
Some kind of Fighting ensues and the Roman Troops, not only defend the Roman property, but the whole town.
Over the next several years the Roman Element ends up controling the town, with the help of local axullieries.
After the collaspe of Rome, the Indo-Romans tie into the Indian trade Network. and begin spreading into Indonesia.

Well, they could go over prior to Axum's rise. Which would create butterflies. If there's increased trade, it might help Axum out.