Whe should Arthur marry?

• Eleanor of Austria (b. 1498)

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Isabel of Austria (b. 1501)

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Isabel of Portugual (b. 1503)

Votes: 25 39.1%
  • Other (please write in who and I'll add)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Beatrice of Portugal (1504)

Votes: 14 21.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Loved the chapter!

Please make Philip Reign as HRE for at least a few years!

And don't freet Henry, the tale of the lion and mouse will come to play.

One can dream. He still needs to be abetter husband bue he was a great lord in burgundy! I want those skills applied to the HRE!
I think the best scenario for him would be that Maximilian had an accident. In that case, I think he could early divide his possessions among his children and leave Ferdinand as regent for the heir to Spain, be it Charles or Ferdinand Jr.

I think the best scenario for him would be that Maximilian had an accident. In that case, I think he could early divide his possessions among his children and leave Ferdinand as regent for the heir to Spain, be it Charles or Ferdinand Jr.
I want Ferdinand go get spain. It will allow Charles to focus solely on the HRE.

On Philip's death, the distribution between the Habsburg brothers should ideally be something like this.
Charles - Austria and HRE
Ferdinand - Spain
John - Burgundy
This distribution should solve many problems of the Habsburgs, in addition to making things easier for Arthur to marry Isabel. Speaking of marriages, who do you think Ferdinand and John will marry?

On Philip's death, the distribution between the Habsburg brothers should ideally be something like this.
Ferdinand - Spain
John - Burgundy
This distribution should solve many problems of the Habsburgs, in addition to making things easier for Arthur to marry Isabel. Speaking of marriages, who do you think Ferdinand and John will marry?
Charles will get Burgundy (far richer and more important than Austria) and the HRE with John getting Austria NOT the reverse. For Ferdinand the logical choice of bride would be Isabel of Portugal so I guess he could marry Beatrice … John will marry Anne of Hungary. Pretty unsure about who will be Charles‘ wife in this scenario…

Considering Louis XII‘s attitude towards Francis, once he has a son of his own he will not marry Claude to him, so she will likely marry Alençon (who was a favorite of her father) leaving Marguerite free to marry Gaston of Foix

Ferdinand - Spain
John - Burgundy
I disagree, Spain is the biggest price, so Charles only getting the Burgundian Lands or the Austrian Lands would be an insult. Either Charles get the Crowns of Castile & Aragon, Ferdinand get the Burgundian and Austrian Lands and becomes HRE and John becomes a Cardinal or gets something like the duchy of Milan.
Or Ferdinand gets Castile & Aragon, but for that to be acceptable for Charles, he probably would need to become king of Hungary, Bohemia and Croatia, in addition of getting the Burgundian and Austrian Lands and becoming HRE, while John again would be made Cardinal, duke of Milan or Württemberg (if the Habsburgs manage to keep this, in which case John will also get Further Austria, but not Tyrol).

I disagree, Spain is the biggest price, so Charles only getting the Burgundian Lands or the Austrian Lands would be an insult. Either Charles get the Crowns of Castile & Aragon, Ferdinand get the Burgundian and Austrian Lands and becomes HRE and John becomes a Cardinal or gets something like the duchy of Milan.
Or Ferdinand gets Castile & Aragon, but for that to be acceptable for Charles, he probably would need to become king of Hungary, Bohemia and Croatia, in addition of getting the Burgundian and Austrian Lands and becoming HRE, while John again would be made Cardinal, duke of Milan or Württemberg (if the Habsburgs manage to keep this, in which case John will also get Further Austria, but not Tyrol).
I honestly thought of this scenario under the idea that Philip lives to succeed his father and divide his possessions (something very unlikely to happen). Realistically, the second scenario you pose is the most likely.

I honestly thought of this scenario under the idea that Philip lives to succeed his father and divide his possessions (something very unlikely to happen). Realistically, the second scenario you pose is the most likely.
Let's hope he does succeed his father and that he and juana can find a way to divide them that still has their sons working with one another.

Depends on the Hungarian-Bohemian Jagiellons, after the treaty of Pressburg Maximilian was the heir of Vladislaus II, so maybe the birth of Louis II is butterflied, perhaps Anna lives though.
No matter how grand Austria and Burgundy are on their own, even in combination with the Empire, the eldest will need more than that, to be okay that his younger brother gets the bigger price, Castile-Aragon, hence why I bring up Bohemia, Hungary and Croatia, without them it won't be a fair deal for Charles. Without them I'm sure Ferdinand ends up with Austria, Burgundy and the Empire.

Interlude---a Scene from the award winning film: The Lion and the Pomegranate
Scene opens at the Royal Chapel: Dowager Princess Katherine is at the altar praying. Prince Henry enters, beholding her with admiration. Katherine sense someone behind her and she rises.
Princess Katherine(warily): Your Grace, forgive me, I did not see you there. (She glances about the chapel, noting with some unease that they are completely alone).

Prince Henry: It is I who should ask for forgiveness, sweet Kat. I did not mean to disturb your devotions. (He moves closer, not taking his eyes off of her).

Princess Katherine: It is quite all right, Your Grace. My ladies should return soon enough to accompany me to my apartments. (She turns away, expecting him to leave her alone). I wanted to say my final goodbyes to your grandmother. I pray will only spend a short time in purgatory before she is accepted at the Lord's table.

Prince Henry: You are a paragon of virtue. (He reaches her, placing his hands on the altar, boxing her in). As compassionate as you are beautiful. (He breathes in her scent, pressing his lips onto her neck).

Princesses Katherine(turns around, scandalized): What do you think you are doing?!

Prince Henry(leans in): Something I have yearned to do since the first time I laid eyes on you. (He grabs her face and draws her into a passionate kiss).

Princess Katherine(pushes him away): Have you lost your senses?! Leave now and we shall never speak of this again.

Prince Henry: Oh, Kat, my heart yearns for you. Your sapphire eyes, your ruby lips, your alabaster skin. (He kisses her neck). If only I was free, I'd choose you as my wife in a heartbeat.

Princess Katherine(enraged): I am your brother's wife. Your nephew's mother. You dare dishonor me with your sinful behavior in the house of God! (She slaps him).

Prince Henry(clutching his cheek): I love you, Katherine, and I hoped you felt the same way.

Princess Katherine: Do not think me an empty headed fool who shall jump into your bed after a few sweet words. You want what you cannot have. And I assure you that you shall never have me. Not today, not tomorrow. Never. There is only room for two men in my heart. My husband, God rest his soul, and my son.

Prince Henry: Kat, please.

Princess Katherine(interrupts him): Remove yourself from my presence and pray I do not tell the Dowager Queen of your behavior for it would break her heart to learn her son is so dishonorable.

(The Duke of York turns on his heel and storms out of the chapel. Katherine returns to kneeling, a regal expression on her face).​

Last edited:
Scene opens at the Royal Chapel: Dowager Princess Katherine is at the altar praying. Prince Henry enters, beholding her with admiration. Katherine sense someone behind her and she rises.
Princess Katherine(warily): Your Grace, forgive me, I did not see you there. (She glances about the chapel, noting with some unease that they are completely alone).

Prince Henry: It is I who should ask for forgiveness, sweet Kat. I did not mean to disturb your devotions. (He moves closer, not taking his eyes off of her).

Princess Katherine: It is quite all right, Your Grace. My ladies should return soon enough to accompany me to my apartments. (She turns away, expecting him to leave her alone). I wanted to say my final goodbyes to your grandmother. I pray will only spend a short time in purgatory before she is accepted at the Lord's table.

Prince Henry: You are a paragon of virtue. (He reaches her, placing his hands on the altar, boxing her in). As compassionate as you are beautiful. (He breathes in her scent, pressing his lips onto her neck).

Princesses Katherine(turns around, scandalized): What do you think you are doing?!

Prince Henry(leans in): Something I have yearned to do since the first time I laid eyes on you. (He grabs her face and draws her into a passionate kiss).

Princess Katherine(pushes him away): Have you lost your senses?! Leave now and we shall never speak of this again.

Prince Henry: Oh, Kat, my heart yearns for you. Your sapphire eyes, your ruby lips, your alabaster skin. (He kisses her neck). If only I was free, I'd choose you as my wife in a heartbeat.

Princess Katherine(enraged): I am your brother's wife. Your nephew's mother. You dare dishonor me with your sinful behavior in the house of God! (She slaps him).

Prince Henry(clutching his cheek): I love you, Katherine, and I hoped you felt the same way.

Princess Katherine: Do not think me an empty headed fool who shall jump into your bed after a few sweet words. You want what you cannot have. And I assure you that you shall never have me. Not today, not tomorrow. Never. There is only room for two men in my heart. My husband, God rest his soul, and my son.

Prince Henry: Kat, please.

Princess Katherine(interrupts him): Remove yourself from my presence and pray I do not tell the Dowager Queen of your behavior for it would break her heart to learn her son is so dishonorable.

(The Duke of York turns on his heel and storms out of the chapel. Katherine returns to kneeling, a regal expression on her face).​
Amazing chapter. And Henry backed away as soon as Kath threated to tell Elizabrth, henry's a momma's boy to a fault.

And you have no idea the bullet you are dodging there henry. The proud duchy of york needs heirs!

Need some help. The War of the League of Cambrai is happening in the next update. Should Henry try to expand his wife's territory? If so what is close to Auvergne?

Need some help. The War of the League of Cambrai is happening in the next update. Should Henry try to expand his wife's territory? If so what is close to Auvergne?
The County of Auvergne is surrounded by the Duchy of Auvergne and the Dauphinate of Auvergne, both held by the Bourbons. There's also the Bishopric of Clermont.