DBWI-Make US look like this

This has already been asked but why don't we control Canda? I mean wouldn't we have taken when we kicked the crap out of Britain during the Great War. Also, why doesn't Germany hold territory they took from Austria and France during that war? After all why would there be an indepenent Poland, and who would trust Czechs with ruling their own country?
I mean to make the map look this bad you would have to have us siding with the Limeys and why would we do that? But apparently we are allied with them for some reason. If you don't believe me look at Mesopatamia.

yea this leads me to conclude the limeys and french fought the Germans and Austrians during the Great War, and we went with the limeys. Doesn't make any sense though... Eastern Europe still makes no sense

yea this leads me to conclude the limeys and french fought the Germans and Austrians during the Great War, and we went with the limeys. Doesn't make any sense though... Eastern Europe still makes no sense

The fact that we beaten the Mexicans in the 1848 war is still beyond me. I understand that we must have lost the 1812 war with Britain due to Napoleon but if we did, how did we take on Mexico? total ASB.

The fact that we beaten the Mexicans in the 1848 war is still beyond me. I understand that we must have lost the 1812 war with Britain due to Napoleon but if we did, how did we take on Mexico? total ASB.

Maybe the war was later than 1848 - perhaps occurring around when the US industrial boom started to take shape? Then again, the situation that led to that boom was more-or-less sparked by the disaster of the war in OTL, so yeah.

Incidentally, that little state next to Connecticut, the one called 'Rhode Island,' once existed in OTL; it was a sort of haven for malcontents and dissidents from Plymouth Bay, and actually had the freest constitution of any of the original 13 colonies. Unfortunately, they never changed it, and so by 1849, it was one of the most restrictive constitutions, with a particularly onerous property requirement for voting. The people got so frustrated with the situation that they forced the governor's hand, and he agreed (under duress) to annexation by Connecticut.

<interesting to see a real DBWI for once>

So Oregon is somehow American and not part of BC? Weird...
err...
No idea. Pretty ASB.

err...
No idea. Pretty ASB.

Oregon's been American after the war of 1812. Not sure why you think it's part of BC. We annexed most of that and made the rest the state of Cascadia.

loughery111

Banned

err...
No idea. Pretty ASB.

OOC: You might want to read the thread thus far, what you just said conflicts with virtually everything there.

Spengler

Banned
this world must be a dystopia I mean Germany is half the size it is. There's no Ottoman Empire, and we only occupy half the territory we do. I mean did ASBs plot to destroy democracy or something. How is it that the Bourbons in france actually got their act together?

loughery111

Banned
this world must be a dystopia I mean Germany is half the size it is. There's no Ottoman Empire, and we only occupy half the territory we do. I mean did ASBs plot to destroy democracy or something. How is it that the Bourbons in france actually got their act together?

You're thinking the Bourbons survived here rather than those maniacs in Action Francaise? That would explain why the US allowed them to hold onto that little bit in South America...

err...
No idea. Pretty ASB.

In my universe, the province of British Columbia ceased to exist in 1891. Most of of it, is now Cascadia{with the exception of Vancouver Island here.}

@Kijlan Arlsan: At least in my world, despite the rise of the Soviet Union, Germany never did get split almost in half after the defeat of the Nazis.{As for 1.36..............ask him, he obviously came from a different universe than I did. :D :D}

He's not really Gov. for life. He just keeps winning elections. Cuba needs to have some issues worked out. Aren't they the most corrupt state in the nation?

That is precisely what he said.

Not losing to Mexico in the 1840s would help, but that is very alien space batish.

Also, why would we give up my homestate of Cuba? That state is probably the most American in the union. Governor-for-Life Fidel Castro was voted the Greatest American Patriot of All Time last year.

Alright, as much as I favor Free Poland, HTF (How the F***) did they get Pommerania and Silesia, but not hold on to Ukraine and Lithuania? Did we just pick up and move cross-country or something? :confused:

And central Asia is a mess. The Kazakhs and all the others somehow got independent countries, but Tibet didn't?

And Europe, well, WTF is Belgium, Netherlands, freaking Luxembourg??! It's ASB for them to exist independent of some power. If not the French, the Germans or British should have cut them up.

Anyone here wondering what the hell's going on in China? Why is it Pink and only Taiwan is the correct color..... Russia lost/sold Alaska but still has the Caucasus? :confused:

Also, Austria and Italy are separate instead of being Austria-Italy ITTL (and there's another independent state in Carniola for some reason).

While this is all true, it bugs me that you didn't mention the lack of the Crown of Bohemia, it may be autonomous OTL, but it is still very much a part of the triple-monarchy. I have no idea how it got split from austria here, and I'm even more confused about how silesia went to poland of all places, Prussia or Saxony I could understand, but Poland, why couldn't the author just leave it with Bohemia? Most bizarrely of all, what is up with that Helvetian country? It looks like it owns the Habsburg traditional lands. Obviously the author of this TL completely forgot about the great Alpine War which lead to the foundation of the Triple-Monarchy.

While this is all true, it bugs me that you didn't mention the lack of the Crown of Bohemia, it may be autonomous OTL, but it is still very much a part of the triple-monarchy. I have no idea how it got split from austria here, and I'm even more confused about how silesia went to poland of all places, Prussia or Saxony I could understand, but Poland, why couldn't the author just leave it with Bohemia? Most bizarrely of all, what is up with that Helvetian country? It looks like it owns the Habsburg traditional lands. Obviously the author of this TL completely forgot about the great Alpine War which lead to the foundation of the Triple-Monarchy.

Prussia and Saxony merged following the Napoleonic Wars and the congress of Berlin though. Saxony was given to Prussia as Prussia was on the winning side in the last coalition. It was not until later that Prussia unified into the German Empire. They killed the French in a war shortly afterward and annexed Alcase-Lorraine but somehow, France still has it...

This world look strange. Why dont Sweden strech from Ladoga to the North Sea?. Denmark independent instead of split between German federation and Sweden? WTH happened? Please tell me the glorious reign with the family that started with Charles X still lives on?

Why so many independent african nations? Last time i checked Sweden had a bunch of colonies as well as UK, France and Spani

This world look strange. Why dont Sweden strech from Ladoga to the North Sea?. Denmark independent instead of split between German federation and Sweden? WTH happened? Please tell me the glorious reign with the family that started with Charles X still lives on?

Why so many independent african nations? Last time i checked Sweden had a bunch of colonies as well as UK, France and Spani

Sweden, UK, France and Spain and Germany among others like Portugal and Italy had a carved up Africa in the 1870's and the US even had Liberia as a puppet state but remember, they underwent de-colonization in the 60's and 70's.

I guess Sweden lost the Great Northern War and Germany, Austria and others must have lost the Great War.

Sweden, UK, France and Spain and Germany among others like Portugal and Italy had a carved up Africa in the 1870's and the US even had Liberia as a puppet state but remember, they underwent de-colonization in the 60's and 70's.

I guess Sweden lost the Great Northern War and Germany, Austria and others must have lost the Great War.
Sure there was decolonization, but there seems to be no colonies at all in Africa... that's rather extreme, don't you think? At the very least I'd expect Portugal to keep part of the Angola.

what in the fuck is an Idaho? anyways that country looks pitifully small. Maybe this is the scenario where Washington didn't find that blaster rifle