DBWI-Make US look like this

Is there any possible way we can make the USA look like this?

650px-Map_of_USA_with_state_names_2.svg.png

Hmm... it would help if the British were less distracted by Napoleon and we never conquered Canada. Not sure how we could have not gotten Cuba, though...

Still, I don't get some of these things. Why have two Dakotas when it's already a tiny state (population wise) anyway?

Hmm... it would help if the British were less distracted by Napoleon and we never conquered Canada. Not sure how we could have not gotten Cuba, though...

Still, I don't get some of these things. Why have two Dakotas when it's already a tiny state (population wise) anyway?

Well we never totally annexed the nation. Didn't Quebec become some puppet state or something?

What the heck is up with Washington? It's like 3 times smaller than it is now. But that's due to annexing a bunch of the west coast of Canada

Why did we buy/get/annex Russian Alaska? What is even there worth taking?

Not losing to Mexico in the 1840s would help, but that is very alien space batish.

Also, why would we give up my homestate of Cuba? That state is probably the most American in the union. Governor-for-Life Fidel Castro was voted the Greatest American Patriot of All Time last year.

Where is Deseret? Are there no Mormons in this timeline? Also, the border between "Arizona"/New Mexico and Sonora looks kind of odd...

Not losing to Mexico would help, but that is very alien space batish.

Also, why would we give up my homestate of Cuba? Governor-for-Life Fidel Castro was voted the Greatest American Patriot of all time last year.

He's not really Gov. for life. He just keeps winning elections. Cuba needs to have some issues worked out. Aren't they the most corrupt state in the nation?

I'm a bit confused why one would create a state in Maine- I mean, there's not very many people up there... you left Michigan discontinuous, why not Massachusetts? :confused:

Looks like TTL's US took a lot of land from Mexico... I wonder why. Would have been nice to have that Alta California gold, though- maybe a richer US?

He's not really Gov. for life. He just keeps winning elections. Cuba needs to have some issues worked out. Aren't they the most corrupt state in the nation?

Eh, it's not as bad as people say, but I agree, we've always had a few problems. Castro is fine. His choice of friends though...

I find it ASB that there would be no state of Little Ireland. Even if the USA did take more land on the West Coast (Alta California? Baja California? Sonora? I don't know anything about the Imperial provinces), I can't see the massive exodus due to the Potato Famine being butterflied away, even if they might move somewhere else than the Oregon Territory.

Eh, it's not as bad as people say, but I agree, we've always had a few problems. Castro is fine. His choice of friends though...

Well at least my home state of Florida is not diffrent! I still don't get Why Superior was not created out of Mich. though....

What's up with half the states? Square shapes, perfect right corner borders? Like any bureaucracy could actually come up with that, let alone implement it :rolleyes: Colorado especially looks awkward - its over half the size it really is!

Where is Deseret? Are there no Mormons in this timeline? Also, the border between "Arizona"/New Mexico and Sonora looks kind of odd...

That border is totally off, for starters half of this new New Mexico is in OTL's Tejas. And who changed Tejas for Texas? Also if California was ever annexed into the union it would not be divided into the states that it was. That Nevada is a useless piece of desert for the most part (plus I am certain the Nevada range is a bit further west). It would be more logical to divide Cali North and South.

I find it ASB that there would be no state of Little Ireland. Even if the USA did take more land on the West Coast (Alta California? Baja California? Sonora? I don't know anything about the Imperial provinces), I can't see the massive exodus due to the Potato Famine being butterflied away, even if they might move somewhere else than the Oregon Territory.

Look on the Bright side, we much have stolen the Russian's Alaska! It kinda counterbalances. We apparently killed the mexicans in the 1840's but lost to the British in 1812ish.

Speaking of Russian Alaska, why do we have the Sandwhich islands? I though that They are British or something... Not sure about my Pacific Geography.