Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

Another good one:

My Highlady Mormont of the Mountain Clans tried to win a game of Cyvasse by distracting her cousin with a hot courtier. The only problem with that plan? Said courtier was her opponents son!:eek:
I thought only Lannisters swung that way.:rolleyes:
Roll back to the previous version using Steam.

Sulemain

Banned
Okay, once my HRE game finishes, I'm going to do an 867AD world conquest game as the Byzantiums/Romans, for importation to EU4. My last game I did something like that was really fun, and kinda easy, although the fragmentation of everyone else around me helped.

Dirk_Pitt

Banned
Cathar theology held that human souls were innately genderless, a creation of G-d, who is the Creator of the true spiritual world. Satan - the god and creator of the physical world in Catharism - imprisoned our souls into bodies, into which we will be constantly reincarnated until the faithful are liberated through immersion in the Holy Spirit, either evidenced by or earned by (the sources aren't clear) total and complete austerity, which would allow the Cathars to ascend beyond this physical creation and return to the spiritual creation with G-d.

Thus, human souls, being genderless spirits, are in this worldview simply imprisoned by bodies which Satan created to be male and female. Gender and sex distinctions are thus of the physical world, and the Cathars rejected them as such to make their way of life more alike to the ideal of the spiritual world.

WTF?! WHY ISN'T THIS A THING?! I am converting to Catharism! I has decided!

Krall

Banned
Cathar theology held that human souls were innately genderless, a creation of G-d, who is the Creator of the true spiritual world. Satan - the god and creator of the physical world in Catharism - imprisoned our souls into bodies, into which we will be constantly reincarnated until the faithful are liberated through immersion in the Holy Spirit, either evidenced by or earned by (the sources aren't clear) total and complete austerity, which would allow the Cathars to ascend beyond this physical creation and return to the spiritual creation with G-d.

Thus, human souls, being genderless spirits, are in this worldview simply imprisoned by bodies which Satan created to be male and female. Gender and sex distinctions are thus of the physical world, and the Cathars rejected them as such to make their way of life more alike to the ideal of the spiritual world.

Hmm, does this mean that Cathar monarchs should have agnatic-cognatic succession? I believe that's still only possible if you're culturally Basque.

Sulemain

Banned
Tempted to take a screen shot of my game, considering all the unlikely things that have resulted in rather pleasant borders. Also, "request Pope money" function is rather OP, but I like it :) .

So here is the scent, the 2nd Crusade (for Andulsia) has been won, 40 years after the successful Crusade for Jerusalem. And the Kaiser (me) decided that his 55 year old courtier, the best general in the Empire deserves a reward. So he gives him the Kingdom of Anduslia, after long years of faithful service.

Yonatan

Banned
started a new game as the king of Abyssinia in 867. looks like a bad position, right?
well, now. boy, do I have a story for you...

so, 867. the king of Abyssinia, king Anbas, has married princess Aldonza of house de Cantabria, giving me an alliance with a kingdom I cannot ever realisticly see make the trek all the way to my neck of the woods. doesnt matter, she looked good enough and was highborn enough for my goal.

shortly thereafter, a daughter is born. princess Shinasha. remember this name, as she will shake the very foundations of Christianity and Islam.

872 rolls around, and the Emir of Harer has lost control of his lands to the advancing armies of Abyssinia. the Emir has launched his own invasion of Abyssinia a year earlier, and lost. now the payback is sweet and swift.
king Anbas, however, does not rest. he launches a war for the Emirate of Sanaa shortly after. unfortunatly for him, he dies shortly before the war is won. Shinasha inherits the kingdom.

during her years under regency young Shinasha begins asking her mother questions about God. under the guidance of queen mother Aldonza, queen Shinasha abandons her father's faith and converts to Catholicism. many of her courtiers and vassals follow suit, but not all. her martial, the duke of Harer, remains in his faith. being elavated by her father, and thus having no good feelings towards the queen, he rebels. the civil war is crushed shortly thereafter, and the queen allows the duke to keep both his lands and his titles, in exchange of accepting the Catholic pope over the Coptic one.

another war of agression from the Emir of Oman leads to the queen adopting a more proactive approach. having recently come of age (and accepting her mother's Castillian culture as well), she marries prince Konstantinos of the Byzantine Empire, which grants her an alliance with the most powerfull Christian empire in the world. however, instead of attacking the Emirate of Oman in retaliation, she decides to attack his ally, the Shia Caliph and Emir of Medina.

the Emirate of Medina falls to Abyssinian hands. the holy sites of Mecca and Medina are in Catholic hands. the year is is 890 when the Shia Caliph announces a Jihad against all lands in Arabia held by the Abissynian queen.
the Jihad fails, since the Sultan of Egypt does not join it, and the Caliph only has his own levies and that of the Sultan of Mauritania, which never arrive in time. the following year sees the new Caliph (the last one died of stress, probably by his loss of Mecca and Medina and his following failure to retake them) sees the loss of his lands in Nefund lost as well, and given to a newly arrived Jewish courtier.

Mecca and Medina were given to Konstantinos. in 899 he was also given the douchy of Medina. on the last days of 899, 29th of December, Konstantinos's brother died and Konstantinos ascended the Imperial Throne.

he is married matrimonialy to Shinasha, and they also have a daughter, named Maria. my daughter is the heiress to both the kingdom of Abyssinia and the Byzantine Empire, and the current emperor is also a catholic. all of my vassals are catholic, many are also castillian as well.

what the hell have I done to the middle east?!

ck2_7.jpg

Tempted to take a screen shot of my game, considering all the unlikely things that have resulted in rather pleasant borders. Also, "request Pope money" function is rather OP, but I like it :) .
Who needs religious authority when you're ballin. ;)

Sulemain

Banned
I had to delete that, dude to a glitch meaning my retinue wasn't renumbering, and it (10000 Knights, boo yah!) and since they were the first line of defence of the Kingdom of Jerusalem, I quit. No idea what to do next. May be a Greeco-Roman Scilly, just for the lols.

can anyone give me the code (in game or via modding) or explain how to add the dam genius trait to a character...cos ive had like 16 kids, and only one got it, the last child, a sickly daughter -.-

can anyone give me the code (in game or via modding) or explain how to add the dam genius trait to a character...cos ive had like 16 kids, and only one got it, the last child, a sickly daughter -.-

No cheats, you'd have to mod it into the save file.