Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

If it works for the player, you could simply play as the children. Just do 'charinfo 1', grab the child's char id, then do 'play #######', then add the trait, then switch back to your original character.

Ive tried that a fewtimes, but never seems to work....i usually try add_trait genius then charnumber....is it different?
You cannot add inherited traits via console, unfortunately. You'd have to edit the save file (it's quite simple, really).

If it works for the player, you could simply play as the children. Just do 'charinfo 1', grab the child's char id, then do 'play #######', then add the trait, then switch back to your original character.
If the children are unladed it will make you lose the game even before you unpause.

You cannot add inherited traits via console, unfortunately. You'd have to edit the save file (it's quite simple, really).

If the children are unladed it will make you lose the game even before you unpause.

Yea just realised when i tried that way x.x

so how do you edit the save file?

You'll have to download a program called Notepad++ to be able to open the save file, but from then on it's very easy. Get your character' ID, Ctrl+F it and add the trait's number (a full list can be found in the CK2 Wiki) under the brackets which are labelled as "traits".

I can't wait for the mid-December patch. 2.0 needs some tweaks.

I'm being a very good Eu4 beta tester hoping to find a way to get myself on the CK2 beta team too :D Its fun to participate in making/testing patches and DLCs. No way I wouldn't have spotted the problem of overpowered scripted troops after the levy nerf.

No, don't bother.

Give your child a county. Change to him, then use "add_trait genius" no quotes or id number, then go back.

If you don't want your child to keep the county and don't want to revoke it, use the console command "give_title c_(county name) (your character ID)"

In most cases, the county name is what's on the map, but there are a few exceptions, especially if you're Norse or something which changes the default name.

No, don't bother.

Give your child a county. Change to him, then use "add_trait genius" no quotes or id number, then go back.

If you don't want your child to keep the county and don't want to revoke it, use the console command "give_title c_(county name) (your character ID)"

In most cases, the county name is what's on the map, but there are a few exceptions, especially if you're Norse or something which changes the default name.

BTW, I would actually suggest giving your child, especially your heir, a county, or, if you're a king or above, a duchy, or, if you're an Emperor, perhaps even a whole kingdom. It will help massively in boosting his prestige (which plays a gigantic part in the effectiveness of your gifts and other characters' opinion of you), lock out any chance of him being invited to a foreign court and used as a political or diplomatic throwpiece, basically set virtually permanently his opinion of you at 100, and is to some extent a 'virtual demesne expansion' allowing you to keep more titles than usual within the limits of your dynastic line.

BTW, I would actually suggest giving your child, especially your heir, a county, or, if you're a king or above, a duchy, or, if you're an Emperor, perhaps even a whole kingdom. It will help massively in boosting his prestige (which plays a gigantic part in the effectiveness of your gifts and other characters' opinion of you), lock out any chance of him being invited to a foreign court and used as a political or diplomatic throwpiece, basically set virtually permanently his opinion of you at 100, and is to some extent a 'virtual demesne expansion' allowing you to keep more titles than usual within the limits of your dynastic line.

I agree. It's kinda like the British heir-apparent automatically becoming Duke or Cornwall, and being awarded the title Prince of Wales IOTL.

Personally, I only award the titles of the traditional homeland to my heir apparent only after the heir him/herself produces a child of his/her own if you're under primogeniture succession.

Was it an 867 start? I know that if a commoner becomes a King, then his surname will often be the same as a historical surname; ie, if in the 11th century, an Anglo-Saxon commoner claims the Kingship of Britain, then he'll get the last name 'Aetheling' instead of 'Of England.'

Player : Aquitaine
80 years after start (1166) situation

Thanks to a civil war on crown power, I was able to gain independence early and without fight.
As France was plagued by civil wars (mostly between Capet and Capet-Bourgogne), I maneged to take the S-E of Aquitaine in two generations.
Eventually, I ended being the main arbitre on who would bear the crown in France, therefore making myself cleaner after each annexation.

Aquitaine royal power is high with primogeniture, but I suffer from regular nobiliar revolts, especially from the Duchy of Gascony (ruled by Armagnacs).
While I enjoyed two great kings (and one in between that could have been great but didn't lasted 7 years), the current one is dull. I barely managed to make him learn some military skills (and I needed it, as the whole kingdom began to think my Castillan brother that ruled Oviedo was a better candidate) and it is relativly better now.
If only he understood he needs to reproduce at least once more. I'm at the edge of rebellion now, I don't need a female heir. Nothing, not even a bastard (hell, mr previous kings spawned like Shub-Niggurath so much I had an hard time to put a place for everyone)

I tried to expand via marriages, but it almost always ended tragically : managed to make a non-matrilinear union with the Anglo-Saxon queen of England. The guy died.
Alliance with Castille? The guy died...

HRE clearly beneficied from civil war in France as well, but it suffers from independent revolts now, revolts that I use to expand in Burgundy (I almost took back the old roman Viennensis)

Spain is takenover by Navarre Jimenez. I suspect Galicia would be soon integrated. On the other hand, Muslims do a good stand even if divided (there's even Catholic Andalucian lordships in Murcia. I suppose we could call them mozarab taifas).
I fought hard to isolate Barcelona, that threatened to make a personnal union with France at a moment. Not willing to be stuck in two fronts, I kinda took care of this, without being noticed.
Now that Barcelona is diplomatically isolated, I managed to make a marriage with a daughter of the deceased count. I just can't let Jimenez take over all Hispania, so I guess I'm going to make a trip there, at least as soon my stupids nobles stop being hostile (dammit, I'll gave you lands there. It's for your own good!).

I hope, for the next 80, add a royal title to my belongings. If not Burgundy, at least Aragon (that I more or less sattelized with occitanized Jimenez). The main objective is the Francian empire, but even if France is still engulfed in a civil war (while Capet-Bourgogne seems to have the upper hand these times), HRE is still too much powerful to begin a war lightly. At this point, I'm forced to make alliances with Poland or Scandinavians, and at times Iberians (in order to avoid a war on south). My kings altern being norse-looking and mediterranean.

However, Brittany plays on its own world, and woudln't stand a strong attack. Easy prey.

Merchants republics almost disappeared. Venice being took back by Byzzies (that are strong in Europe, divided in Asia), Genoa by Imperials. Pisa and Amalfi are the only ones really noticable, with Ancona.

Fatimids enjoy times. To not talk about the buffon crusade that was of course a waste of time and ressources (it at least managed to kill a brother and to gave me back the lands, and to make the other quiet)

Tartaria is more big than really threatful : Rus began to pick whatever they want. Persia seems to have increased greatly these late years.

Anglo-Saxon England did well against Norwegians and Normans, but Hwicce house rules now.

aaa.png

Last edited:
I am having a problem with the new version of ck2+.

It keeps crashing when an event that says something about additional cause bellis.

Does anyone here know how to fix it?

I've been having a bunch of CTD problems with CK2+ as well. I think the new version is still pretty badly bugged.

All I want to do is play in a world were no province is an Abrahamic faith and is controlled by a count with no one above him with a whole load of new events and better graphics on portraits. *looks to the heavens* IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK!!!

first world problems really.

Sulemain

Banned
Playing the Alexid start, should my first Holy War be for Alexandria? I was wondering, it'd gain me a Patriarchy, boost my RA, etc :) .

Did it, easy enough :) . Now the Knights Templar have taken the part of De Jure Greece (the bit in Anatolia) as part of a Crusade, which is lolsy. Don't know where to go next. Might do a Holy War for Wallachia, to boost my RA.

Last edited:
So there's rumors that Sons of Abraham contains a secret plot for Jewish characters to hide their religion. So you cant just convert them.

So now i need to remove all Khazars from my Volga Bulgaria. Its the only way to be sure.

Alternatively, im just paranoid about revolts. What has this game done to me? D: