Building an Earth-like World Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I also had that in mind. Or we can just skip on it being dry, have the mountain range there, separating the rainforests from the temperate steppes/forestlands of the middle of the continent. Another thing would be to make the mountain range larger, ala Tibet type.

Sounds great, maybe push the length of the landmass some more if we want any desert on it? think this should be the 'main' continent (ie Eurasia type) or are we planning on having that further up in the mostly empty spaces?

Sounds great, maybe push the length of the landmass some more if we want any desert on it? think this should be the 'main' continent (ie Eurasia type) or are we planning on having that further up in the mostly empty spaces?

I was imaging it would be something like this. Another China sized continent in the Northwest, no idea if we should add one more in the Northeast.

Not sure if it'd be the main continent, I'm thinking the northern coast of the Blob and all the way to the crater would be the "main" area.

But I'm thinking humanity ITTL could've developed on the continent.

BAEW con.png

(Just a forewarning, I'll be absent today on account of a bloody big behemoth of a University Assignment. I had a few ideas regarding the post above but I won't be able to get them out at the moment.)

Hmm, I think that the north eastern continent should be larger and more... continent shaped. We've already got one wacky northern island, it just sin't realistic to have it as it is.

Hmm, I think that the north eastern continent should be larger and more... continent shaped. We've already got one wacky northern island, it just sin't realistic to have it as it is.

Yup. Continents need to make some sense, I still don't know about the ridge either, it just looks off.

I think I'll have a go at redoing the ridge as I (its creator) don't really like it either even though I thought it was an interesting idea. Just give me a bit.

EDIT: Some people may think this looks hideous and we can still tweak it a little but I took a bit of bathymetry from the actual mid-Atlantic ridge and have grafted it onto our world as the ridge island. So for all those who still thinks the ridge looks ugly and strange, this is how it is meant to look as it was taken from a real-life example. Indeed, if you look at good bathymetry pictures, you'll find some very strange topography that you'd never see created in say, a fractal continent generator which is why those generators sometimes produce artificial results. Real life topography is sometimes just strange so it is probably better to have some odd looking landmasses with a good precedent than none at all.

bew2e.png

Last edited:
I think it looks great now, will work on some more coasts around the island chain area today and think I'll work on the southeastern continent if nobody else wants to add anything to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.