As Dreamers Do Part Deux

If Henson and Saban were to merge, each side would have to shave off certain assets to make that happen.

SBC or ABC would have to be sold. Odyssey or Nickelodeon would also have to be sold.
SBC can be sold.

I'd just keep both networks, but change them.

Warner and Luxor should merge considering their relationships.

Here's what I'd actually do:

HS: Henson Saban Entertainment
Film Studios: Touchstone Pictures, New Line Cinema, Golden Harvest, Vestron
Television Studios: Henson Saban Television
Animation Studios: Hanna-Barbera, DiC, Pixar, Studio Ghibli
Comics: Eclipse(with CrossGen merged into them)
TV Networks: ABC, ESPN, Lifetime, Bio, History, Spike, Touchstone Network, Cinemagic, XYZ, Showtime, The Movie Channel, Nickelodeon, Noggin, The N, Nicktoons Network, Jetix, ESPNick
Video Games: Henson Saban Interactive
Sports: NHL Network(15%)
Franchises: Nightmare On Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Small Wonder, What's With Andy?, Heathcliff, Madeline, Terminator, UHF, Robocop, Power Rangers, VR Troopers, Big Bad Beetleborgs, Final Destination, Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, Galidor, Hanna-Barbera Universe, Nicktoons, Muppets, Dark Crystal, Spy Kids, Hannah Montana, Fraggle Rock, Toy Story, THe Incredibles, Bill and Ted, Inspector Gadget, Battle Spirits, Sailor Moon, Tomica Heroes, Pandora, The Sixth Sense, Kill Bill, Austin Powers, Clerks, America's Funniest Home Videos, Lorimar Sitcom Universe, Danger Mouse, Count Duckula, Dallas, Schoolhouse Rock, Labyrinth, The Waltons, The Price Is Right, General Hospital, Mystic, Sigil, Scion, Meridian, Sojourn, Way of the Rat, Route 666, Brath, Chimera, Solus, El Cazador, Next Exit, Peach Fuzz, Mail Order Ninja, Van Von Hunter, Bloodshot, Magnus: Robot Righter, Solar, Man of the Atom, Turok, Shadowman

That could create a fucking powerhouse!

@OldNavy1988 you gotta AT LEAST consider it!
I too am against the the Henson Saban merger. I would only support it if the merger company sells aba oddessy and Demi son flims or gold haverst America and eclipse comics or cross gen comics to hardrock
They would, but the comics division would just get merged to make Eclipse stronger.
I'd prefer if they didn't merge at all, but if they did, I'd sell off ABC and Odyssey. I would have considered SBC on the chopping block, but that would have put Henson at an advantage.
ABC and Odyssey could be sold off, both to TIme Warner.
At one point, I suggested TimeWarner merging with either Henson or Saban.
I would rather have TimeWarner merge with Bally.

Entertainment News for Early August 2010 Part 2
Entertainment News for Early August 2010 Part 2

After years of legal limbo, Paramount Pictures will bring Todd McFarlane's Spawn to the big screen in 2013 or 2014.
- Wizard

Baz Luhrmann and Rachel Stone-Abbott are rumored to be attached to a proposed Backstreet Boys biopic set for a 2013 release by 20th Century-Fox in association with Legendary and Amblin Entertainment. I Want it That Way is said to be the working title.
- Variety

Principal photography begins on Moneyball, slated for a Christmas 2011 release by Columbia Pictures.
- The Hollywood Reporter

DC Comics confirms they will team up with Fantagraphics on reprints of the 1966 comic book adaptation of the Sally Field version of Gidget.
- Wizard

Touchstone Pictures begins principal photography on the Muppets' return to the big screen. Simply titled The Muppets, the new film is slated for a Thanksgiving 2011 release.
- Access Hollywood

The PBS megahit Cartooning Made Easy with Blanche Boudreaux begins its fourth season by celebrating the 10th anniversary of Disney's animated film The Emperor's New Groove. John Goodman and David Spade will appear as Blanche's guests while she demonstrates how to draw Kuzco in his llama form.
- Entertainment Tonight

The Sports Page
The NFL's preseason begins in Canton, Ohio with the Hall of Fame Game on Fox. This year's HOF game features the Dallas Cowboys, who celebrate their 50th anniversary this year with heavy hearts. Former Cowboys QB and Monday Night Football announcer Don Meredith is now in hospice care. Facing the Cowboys in this year's HOF game is the AFC's representative in the Lone Star State, the Houston Oilers. Both teams will meet again in Houston in the regular season.
- Fox Sports

In 2012, Joe Buck will succeed Vin Scully as NBC's lead play-by-play announcer on MLB games.
- ESPN

@WB18
Even as the summer starts to wind down, Audi's latest Carpool Karaoke commercial featuring Cardinals wide receivers Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin accompanying Alice Cooper as they sing "School's Out" continues to rack up more than 3 million hits on YouTube.
- The Arizona Republic

SBC can be sold.

I'd just keep both networks, but change them.

Warner and Luxor should merge considering their relationships.

Here's what I'd actually do:

HS: Henson Saban Entertainment
Film Studios: Touchstone Pictures, New Line Cinema, Golden Harvest, Vestron
Television Studios: Henson Saban Television
Animation Studios: Hanna-Barbera, DiC, Pixar, Studio Ghibli
Comics: Eclipse(with CrossGen merged into them)
TV Networks: ABC, ESPN, Lifetime, Bio, History, Spike, Touchstone Network, Cinemagic, XYZ, Showtime, The Movie Channel, Nickelodeon, Noggin, The N, Nicktoons Network, Jetix, ESPNick
Video Games: Henson Saban Interactive
Sports: NHL Network(15%)
Franchises: Nightmare On Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Small Wonder, What's With Andy?, Heathcliff, Madeline, Terminator, UHF, Robocop, Power Rangers, VR Troopers, Big Bad Beetleborgs, Final Destination, Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, Galidor, Hanna-Barbera Universe, Nicktoons, Muppets, Dark Crystal, Spy Kids, Hannah Montana, Fraggle Rock, Toy Story, THe Incredibles, Bill and Ted, Inspector Gadget, Battle Spirits, Sailor Moon, Tomica Heroes, Pandora, The Sixth Sense, Kill Bill, Austin Powers, Clerks, America's Funniest Home Videos, Lorimar Sitcom Universe, Danger Mouse, Count Duckula, Dallas, Schoolhouse Rock, Labyrinth, The Waltons, The Price Is Right, General Hospital, Mystic, Sigil, Scion, Meridian, Sojourn, Way of the Rat, Route 666, Brath, Chimera, Solus, El Cazador, Next Exit, Peach Fuzz, Mail Order Ninja, Van Von Hunter, Bloodshot, Magnus: Robot Righter, Solar, Man of the Atom, Turok, Shadowman

That could create a fucking powerhouse!

@OldNavy1988 you gotta AT LEAST consider it!

They would, but the comics division would just get merged to make Eclipse stronger.

ABC and Odyssey could be sold off, both to TIme Warner.

I would rather have TimeWarner merge with Bally.

Any merger that happens between now and the future will likely depend on economics and other factors outside of the companies' control.

Dear Blanche
Congratulations on the fourth season renewal aside from the emperors new groove episode what other themes would you like to cover in the episodes?
Deakin Causer

Admittedly, when the OTL film came out, I wanted to see it in theatres but never got around to it.

So I'm not sure how to improve the film for TTL.
Honestly I don't really think it'd need to change that much. From what I remember, it was a contained comedy-musical based around doing a telethon to stop the Muppet's movie studio (that had fallen into disrepair from the lack of movies being made) from being demolished by a laughably evil businessman for oil that was underneath it. There'd probably be minor changes simply from the butterflies (maybe different cameos, you get my drift) but it'd most likely be really similar to OTL's to the point where it's not even notable. However, whatever sequel sprouts up will most likely be different.

Any merger that happens between now and the future will likely depend on economics and other factors outside of the companies' control.
That could work. I was considering a merger considering that Henson, Saban, Warner Bros. and Luxor were the weakest companies. Seems like not having Turner really did a number on WB. But should such merger take place, Warner could take on ABC and Odyssey. Luxor would have Ion all to themselves and Odyssey would be a great network for their animation, that way, Freeform can become the network they truly want to be.

There needs to be more changes and more updates to modern stuff within the media industry in the 2010s ITTL. So I'm considering this as something.

Honestly I don't really think it'd need to change that much. From what I remember, it was a contained comedy-musical based around doing a telethon to stop the Muppet's movie studio (that had fallen into disrepair from the lack of movies being made) from being demolished by a laughably evil businessman for oil that was underneath it. There'd probably be minor changes simply from the butterflies (maybe different cameos, you get my drift) but it'd most likely be really similar to OTL's to the point where it's not even notable. However, whatever sequel sprouts up will most likely be different.
Yeah, I agree fully
Central plot wise, no real reason forchanges. Some of the jokes may change is all

That could work. I was considering a merger considering that Henson, Saban, Warner Bros. and Luxor were the weakest companies. Seems like not having Turner really did a number on WB. But should such merger take place, Warner could take on ABC and Odyssey. Luxor would have Ion all to themselves and Odyssey would be a great network for their animation, that way, Freeform can become the network they truly want to be.

There needs to be more changes and more updates to modern stuff within the media industry in the 2010s ITTL. So I'm considering this as something.
I think perhaps the collective things that Henson, Saban, WB, and Luxor would need to give up could be spun off into their own company, maybe with each controlling a quarter share. This basically becomes an evolved cable network version of Hulu, but I think this could foster a growing relationship with the weaker companies that allows them to work together. I might be shooting the shit though.

Aternatly Abc could go to the forlida semile I want the folrida smeoile to be a major media congemrarte and I feel that abc would be a nice edtion to there caisono and themeparks. Also i want the smiele to buy out amc instead of the chiness wanda group. Amc would give them 50 percent of open road pictures

@Mitch!

The reason Audi used "The Cat Came Back" for its first Carpool Karaoke commercial was because they were looking for a song that was easily recognized on both sides of the US/Canadian border.

Here's one iteration used in Richard Condie's 1988 animated short.

That, and a version by Sharon, Lois & Bram on their Elephant Show a few years earlier helped popularize "The Cat Came Back" with Canada.

Audi wanted to be deliberate in the timing of releasing the 30 second spot. With Canadians watching on CBC and Americans watching on NBC, Audi spent about $34 million USD on ad time in just those two countries alone for the 2008 Stanley Cup Finals.

Audi rolled the dice because that year's Finals got more attention than the NHL would normally get for the Finals in the US up to that point. Sidney Crosby was making his first Finals appearance with the Penguins. Meanwhile, the Mighty Ducks had already won two Cups under founder Walt Disney, Jr. But in 2008, the stakes were higher for San Diego with a chance to make third-year owner Tiffany Disney and community outreach director Joyce Chung the first LGBT names etched on the Cup, which the Ducks would eventually win in a 4 game sweep at home.

I think perhaps the collective things that Henson, Saban, WB, and Luxor would need to give up could be spun off into their own company, maybe with each controlling a quarter share. This basically becomes an evolved cable network version of Hulu, but I think this could foster a growing relationship with the weaker companies that allows them to work together. I might be shooting the shit though.
Oh no, it'd only be a merger with 2 of the studios. If that doesn't work, then @THE KINGFISH's idea of having Henson and Warner mergw could work while Luxor and Saban eventually merge, get bought out or simply are left for dead.
Aternatly Abc could go to the forlida semile I want the folrida smeoile to be a major media congemrarte and I feel that abc would be a nice edtion to there caisono and themeparks. Also i want the smiele to buy out amc instead of the chiness wanda group. Amc would give them 50 percent of open road pictures
what?

i Generally am against mergers by if Warner brother can,t last untill2024 I will support espally with some aseects like grand Damion’ Or caraconare sold to hardrock entertainment. I want hard rock to grow into a mini major.

Oh no, it'd only be a merger with 2 of the studios. If that doesn't work, then @THE KINGFISH's idea of having Henson and Warner mergw could work while Luxor and Saban eventually merge, get bought out or simply are left for dead.
I mean as in if Henson, Saban, WB, and Luxor merge with each other (as in, one of them merges with another but not all together), the properties they'd have to give up in order to do this could be collectively spun off. So ABC/SBC (I suspect if Henson-Saban exists they'd have to give up one of them, and I have a feeling it'll be SBC), etc. would be merged with whatever WB-Luxor has to give up into a cohesive company. Maybe call it Odyssey after the channel.

you said that havery wistine Is under criminal infestation. Will he end up in jail. will Miramax be able to suricve without him or will it go defunct with library brought by another Studio

I mean as in if Henson, Saban, WB, and Luxor merge with each other (as in, one of them merges with another but not all together), the properties they'd have to give up in order to do this could be collectively spun off. So ABC/SBC (I suspect if Henson-Saban exists they'd have to give up one of them, and I have a feeling it'll be SBC), etc. would be merged with whatever WB-Luxor has to give up into a cohesive company. Maybe call it Odyssey after the channel.

Unfortunately, consolidation is inevitable just like IOTL.

Look for AT&T, Amazon, Toshiba, Samsung, TCL, Sony, Philips, Commodore (Known IOTL as Apple), Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, Comcast or EchoStar (OTL parent company of Dish Network, Sling and Boost Mobile) to get involved in trying to vertically integrate within the next five or six years.

Last edited:
Right....
oh....
Look for AT&T, Amazon, Toshiba, Samsung, TCL, Sony, Philips, Commodore (Known IOTL as Apple), Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, Comcast or EchoStar (OTL parent company of Dish Network, Sling and Boost Mobile) to get involved in trying to vertically integrate within the next five or six years.
What the heck???

I'm not against a merger of Henson, Saban, WB, and Luxor, I'm just curious to see how it'd go. What would the new corporation be called? Warner-Henson?
I can very much see a merger like this, where Henson absorbs Saban properties and Warner absorbs Luxor's, and they sort of act like two separate companies under one roof.