America, the Coalition's Buddy - A Franco-American War Timeline

Yes, I meant to say defeated. Here is the Hamilton presidency.

Chapter 6

The Hamilton Presidency would be largely uneventful. Hamilton and his majority-federalist congress would pursue a policy of consolidating over the United State’s new territories and improving the country's internal workings.

Transportation was one of the major things improved during the Hamilton presidency. National roads would be constructed call over the country, connecting the major cities to one another, making carriage travel over large distances easier. The first roads would turn up in Ohio and the Indiana Territory [1], bringing settlers into the area. The first major railway would also show up in the U.S. during this time, connecting Baltimore to the new National Capitol of Washington D.C.

The major political development in Hamilton’s Presidency would be the repeal of the Alien and Sedition Acts. Many Democratic-Republican congressmen had been arguing for the repeal of the law since the end of the Franco-American war. They argues that since the U.S. was no longer at war, the acts were no longer needed. The Naturalization Act and the Sedition Act would be repealed in 1806, however the Alien Friends and Enemies Act would stay in place.

The Democratic-Republican Party would undergo changes during the Hamilton Presidency in order to keep up with the Federalist Party. For one thing, all Democratic-Republicans would have dropped their Pro-French stance by the 1808 election. Most of their policy, however, would stay the same, arguing for more rural development and settlement was the main policy of the party during the Hamilton presidency. This was due to the fact that the Federalist would push for more industrial improvements in the New England area and northern Ohio. The Democratic-Republicans would also push for a policy of isolation, as opposed to the Federalist policy of allying with Britain and expanding the United States influence economically.

The election of 1808 would see Hamilton and Pinckney elected one again, this time defeating Aaron Burr and James Madison. The Federalists also maintained a (slight) majority in both houses of congress. Hamilton’s second term would be even less eventful than the last, Hamilton still forwarding a policy of infrastructure improvement. The Democratic-Republican party would prepare for the 1812 elections, hoping to finally get a member of their party into the presidency.

[1] Most of the northwest Territory has avoided butterfliess at this point.

Last edited:
No, things were good! How do the Napoleanic wars end? What happens to Latin America? At the very least continue it to the 1820s.

And if I may add my own criticism, a railroad opening in America this soon is highly unlikely. The first railroads IOTL didn't arrive until the 1830s.

You really want to figure out what happens? I'll continue it then I guess. Also, the railway thing...federalists :p

Seriously though, sorry about the inaccuracy. It will be fixed if I decide to redo this. Witch I might, a reboot seems necessary.

No, things were good! How do the Napoleanic wars end? What happens to Latin America? At the very least continue it to the 1820s.

And if I may add my own criticism, a railroad opening in America this soon is highly unlikely. The first railroads IOTL didn't arrive until the 1830s.

You really want to figure out what happens? I'll continue it then I guess. Also, the railway thing...federalists :p

Seriously though, sorry about the inaccuracy. It will be fixed if I decide to redo this. Witch I might, a reboot seems necessary.

Early conquest of Louisiana and consistent Federalist presidencies. It is possible to have trains and railroads, but i am not sure of the plausibility that earlier. But still, possible.

So, Madison or Monroe, maybe for the next President?

I have some (possibly sad) news here. I am abandoning this timeline:(. It just doesn't work for me, all my ideas are for post-civil war U.S. and I think my writing in this is terrible. I'm going to be working on another project that I will post soon. check it out if you have the time.