Blue Skies in Camelot (Continued): An Alternate 80s and Beyond

By the way, this is slightly random, but since both Bruce Lee and Sharon Tate are alive here, maybe you could throw in a joke that they end up doing a film together.

Yes, this is a reference to Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

By the way, this is slightly random, but since both Bruce Lee and Sharon Tate are alive here, maybe you could throw in a joke that they end up doing a film together.

Yes, this is a reference to Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
They could both lead in a dramatic movie. I want to see that one genius ITTL for the movie of 1979 or the 1980s!

Last edited:
This is where the fun begins geniuses! I want to ask also if Arsenio Lacson (Mayor of Manila City) is still going to die ITTL? Because if he lives, he was supposed to be the standard bearer of the Nacionalista Party for Philippine President in the 1965 General Elections. He would've been the greatest president ITTL. If President Macapagal win again in 1965, Pelaez would still be his VP and he would've copy President Kennedy's liberal and progressive policies that would improve of every Filipinos like me ITTL. We might have improved laws for healthcare, environment, education, social security, free press, and etc. Gerardo Roxas would run for president either '73 or '77 ITTL. Marcos, Sr. would either switch to Nacionalista or stay at Liberal because he joined there in 1947 by President Manuel Roxas. I really hope Marcos, Sr. would lose at every election he run for president because like I said before, he served as president for 20 years. I just want my country to have progress and prosperity for us Filipinos. We have a wonderful economy and few debts to pay before he became president. It won't happen again this time geniuses and I want what is best for us.
If you’re going to ask me geniuses, I want this for Philippine Presidents and Vice Presidents ITTL. This is what would I call the best case scenario for the Philippines:

Diosdado Macapagal & Emmanuel Pelaez (LP, 1961-1969)
Jovito Salonga & Lorenzo Tañada (LP, 1969-1977)
Jose Diokno & Salvador Laurel (NP, 1977-1985)
Benigno Aquino, Jr. & Gerardo Roxas (LP, 1985-1993)
Miriam Defensor-Santiago & Ramon Magsaysay, Jr. (NP, 1993-2001)
Raul Roco & Edgardo Angara (LP, 2001-2009)
Fernando Poe, Jr. & Loren Legarda (NP, 2009-2017)
Loren Legarda and Pia Cayetano (NP, 2017-2025)

Leni Robredo and Francis Pangilinan (LP, 2025-2033)

Now this is what would happen in our country:
1. Hope that President Macapagal and the succeeding administrations finally continue the Master Plan of Manila by Architect Daniel Burnham (in paying the reparations from the US Government that haven't fully completed paid after the Second World War and with the help or recreation, restoration, and rebuilding from our Department of Public Works and Highways) to have a better roadway and waterway system. Also building the government center in Rizal Park which was originally designed and proposed in the early 20th Century, creating parks and recreational activities; a university center, reviving the Philippine National Railway system to its Pre-WW2 era from Dagupan to Bicol, and other extensions like to Antipolo, Batangas, Cavite, Cagayan, and Cordillera. Also improved our pier system in Manila Bay and the rest of the country; a resort in Manila Bay, and extending Roxas Boulevard up to Cavite. The creation of the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) and South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) would still continue just like IOTL even Marcos, Sr. didn't become president, but I think President Macapagal would start this idea of constructing an expressway in the late 60's to connect every part of Luzon even if they revived the old and extended PNR rail system from the Spanish and American Periods. Quezon City (which is still the capital city by 1962) would also either continue the Master Plan of Quezon City by Harry Frost and Juan Arellano which is originally planned in 1940, or return it to Manila by 1970s. If they remained the capital city in Quezon City, they will changed the name of MMDA (Metro Manila Development Authority IOTL) to what I proposed NCDA (National Capital Development Authority ITTL).

2. Hope the government ITTL also restore and rebuild every landmarks and buildings across the country that were destroyed during the Second World War, including Intramuros (the walled city), and Escolta (the original business center). Manila during the American Period was called "The Paris of Asia" due to its mix of Spanish and American Architecture. They should also restore and revive Manila Tram System which was called "The Best In Asia" and extend it to every city in Metro Manila. The tram system were improved by MERALCO (the electric company) also during the American Period. Hope that MERALCO (now owned by the Lopez Family IOTL & ITTL) and the Department of Public Works and Highways to finally reconsider and rebuild it to its glory days because it was envied by Asia during the American Period. They should follow and build the original Metro Manila Subway System which was created by JICA in 1973. I just don't like the elevated railway system which was created by Marcos, Sr. IOTL because it ruined the beauty of Manila from 1980s onwards. Together with all of this and creating more mass transportation (with the help and cooperation of the Department of Transportation, Department of Public Works and Highways, and Department of Tourism ITTL) for busses, jeepneys, taxis, and trams; traffic would be less and we might be the most visited tourist destination in Asia and would boost our economy ITTL along with other famous cities in the Philippines.

3. With Marcos, Sr. not becoming president, the government would be less corrupt ITTL. We would continue having political balance between the Nacionalistas and the Liberals up to Present Day ITTL. With the people having trust in the government, we won't be one of the corrupt governments in the world. Statesmen would still have honor, respect, credibility, and dignity in their positions. Politics would still be for the people who studied law, business, scholars, and other academicians alike. The 1935 Constitution would still used to this day as also the creation of The Third Philippine Republic since 1946 now that 1973 and 1987 Philippine Constitution wouldn't happen and create ITTL.

4. All print and mass media ITTL would be one of the freest press in Asia and the world now that Marcos, Sr. will not be president and declaring Martial Law to closed and controlled media on 1972 IOTL. ABS-CBN Corporation (the first TV station to be aired since 1953 and media conglomerate) would still be merged and owned by the Lopez Family by 1967 just like IOTL, but still continues to reach every part of the country and one of the biggest and modernized TV station ITTL. They would still owned and continue Channels 2 & 4, all of their AM & FM radio stations up to present day ITTL. They would still create SkyCable just like IOTL, but somewhere in the early 80's to have different channels from around the world, including the ABS-CBN Channels like for news (DZAQ Teleradyo & DZXL Teleradyo ITTL, and ABS-CBN News Channel or ANC), movies and shows (Cinema One, Cinemo, and Jeepney TV), educational (Knowledge Channel), music (Myx) kids and teens (Hero and Yey), lifestyle (Lifestyle Channel), and sports (Studio 23). The Filipino Channel (an international channel created by the ABS-CBN) would probably happen in the 80's to reach their fellow Filipinos around the world, including music (Star Records), film (Star Cinema), publishing (ABS-CBN Publishing), foundation (ABS-CBN Foundation and Bantay Bata 163), news and documentaries (ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs), entertainment (ABS-CBN Entertainment, Dreamscape, Star Creatives, Star Magic), regional (ABS-CBN Regional Network), and their own website would come in the 90's. RBS Channel 7 (known as GMA IOTL) would still be owned and operate by Robert Stewart just like IOTL, I think he will step down in the 80's and pass the torch to the Duavit-Gozon-Jimenez Triumvirate and continue up to present ITTL. ABC Channel 5 (known as TV 5 IOTL) would still be owned by the Roces Family and continuing their success up to present, along with their newspaper The Manila Times and their radio stations ITTL. I think the descendants of the Roces Family would continue leading the station up to present. MBC Channel 11 (known as RHTV IOTL) would still be owned by the Elizalde Family. They would not be closed IOTL and also continued their operation to this day along with their radio station DZRH (First Radio Station in the Philippines) ITTL. KBS Channel 9 (known as RPN & CNN Philippines IOTL) and IBC Channel 13 would still owned and continued by the Benedicto Family ITTL. They wouldn't be be controlled by the government IOTL, but the Benedicto Family will up to present. I think the government would create their own TV station, but in different frequency ITTL. I want to put them in Channel 1 and still called PTV (People's Television). So ITTL, we have 8 TV Stations in our country who will have a friendly battle with ratings from 60's onwards. When it comes to the ratings, ABS-CBN would be first, ABC on the second, and RBS on the third. The Golden Age of Philippine Television would continue from the 60's, and I think up to the 90's. All of our famous newspapers, magazines, and other prints from the Post-WW2 era would continue and succeed up to present ITTL.

5. The economy ITTL would continue to grow and prosper just like the Kennedy Administration. Our country would be one of the best and leading economies in Asia. The Lopez Family would still own much of their companies IOTL, but continue to thrive beyond the 70's as one of the richest, successful, and powerful family business ITTL with MERALCO, ABS-CBN, Manila Chronicle, and all of the Lopez Group of Companies. San Miguel Corporation (beer conglomerate) would still be owned to this day by the Soriano and Zobel de Ayala Family now that Marcos Sr. in not the president ITTL. San Miguel would still create a joint venture of softdrink business company in the 80's with Coca-Cola Company because they still owned it and one of the first international bottlers during the American Period. They would also call it Coca-Cola Bottlers Philippines, Inc. just like IOTL. I don't know whether San Miguel would let Coca-Cola Company run its own business somewhere in the 2000's, but I can assume that they can hold their own success up to present ITTL. Ayala Corporation (business and real estate conglomerate) owned by the Ayala Family would just continue their OTL path by owning Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI), and creating the Makati Business Center in Makati during the 60's, malls and property across the country by AyalaMalls and AyalaLand. I just hope that the Ayalas would preserved the property of the Makati Business Center because they destroyed the original structure and property in order to modernized the landscape of the city before the new millennium in 2000. Along with SM Corporation (shopping mall conglomerate) by also building malls across the country, and acquiring Banco de Oro in the 70's. Rustan (shopping mall company) owned by the Tantoco Family would still thrive in the 60's, but would face competition with SM, Ayala, and Robinson Malls in the 80's. Uniwide Sales, Inc. by the Gow Family would also thrive in the 70's and 80's. The businesses of the Aboitiz, Araneta, Tan, Goitanun, and Gokongwei Families would also thrive in the 60's and beyond. The Elizalde Family would still owned DZRH, MBC, Tanduay Distillers, Inc. and YCO Paints and Floor Wax. The 1 Dollar=2 Peso exchanged currency would still change IOTL, but will slowly rise up to present ITTL. Without Marcos, Sr. becoming president, all prices of food and other commodities would also slowly rise ITTL but you get all the details about the recession in the 70's. We would have sufficient supply of rice, fruits, vegetables, fish, chicken, pork, and meat by giving farmers all of modern equipments and methods of farming from the help of US and the Department of Agriculture ITTL. The banknotes and coinages from the English Series of Central Bank of the Philippines would continue throughout the 60's. The banknotes and coinages from the Pilipino Series would begin in the 70's due to patriotism and nationalism of Filipinos. The banknotes and coinages from the New Generation Currency Series would still happen in the 80's just like IOTL.

6. Poverty, homelessness unemployment, uneducated, and crime would decreased ITTL. With that, there wouldn't be Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) now that everyone is educated and employed. Improved the education system (with the help of the Department of Education ITTL) so that we have academics, scholars, and experts to help end poverty and improve our country. With everyone having and creating more jobs, increased income per capita, and having better lives ITTL, there would be less crime. Hope that education in our country ITTL would be high in literacy, including Math, Science, English, Filipino, History, Arts, and Physical Education. We should have free scholarship to the students who are eager and hungry for knowledge. President Macapagal should copy the education plans made by President Kennedy. Prison reform and rehabilitation should happen ITTL by creating laws for giving prisoners a second chance through recreational activities, craftsmanship, and entrepreneurship (with the joint help and cooperation of the Department of Justice, Department of Trade and Industry, and the Department of Social Welfare and Development). With these laws, crime would drop dramatically. Hope for more housing projects to decrease homelessness and poverty.

7. I think there would be modernization for the armed forces and national police in the 60's by giving weapons, equipments, and vehicles from the US in part of President Kennedy continuing their strong relations to prevent the spread of communism in Southeast Asia up to present ITTL so that we're well-prepared and well-trained whenever there's war. I think the US Military Bases in Subic and Clark should stay up to Present ITTL because the Philippine Senate IOTL rejected their extension and leave in 1992. If they continue their presence and improve their relationship with the US ITTL, China wouldn't claim and conquered Scarborough Shoal and Spratly Islands (Kalayaan Group of Islands) in West Philippine Sea. Without the spread of communism in Southeast Asia and preventing the Vietnam War, Mindanao wouldn't create rebel groups with the communist and islamic ideology and insurgency or terrorism. So ITTL, we would finally have a long-lasting peace, progress, and prosperity in the country.

8. Arts and Letters in the Philippines would continue to thrive from the 60's and beyond with President Kennedy's support for the arts and letters in the US. With restoration and rebuilding of the famous architectures from prewar era, we would have extensive collection from visual arts, literature, architecture, theater, film, and fashion ITTL. I just hope Fernando Amorsolo, Carlos Francisco, and Guillermo Tolentino would lived to the 1980's to tell their stories, passed the torch to the new generation of artists by teaching their signature styles, and get more awards and recognitions by creating the National Artist Award and National Commission for Culture and Arts by early 1965. Film industries in the Philippines would still transition to television just like IOTL. But with modern technology and equipment of filmmaking ITTL, the country would be one of the fastest growing and one of the most advanced in the world. Hope that we could have the Manila International Film Festival ITTL to show that we could be as competitive as the rest of the world. We would have our own version of Hollywood ITTL. Original Pinoy Music (OPM) would still happen in the 70's just like IOTL, but our music will be recognized in the world and we will have impressive set of music ITTL.

9. Philippine Airlines would still be owned by the government just like IOTL, but now with modernized aviation system and airport ITTL. I just wished that the original building of the Manila International Airport avoided the fire that destroyed in 1972 and continued to exist and expand from the original size of the airport. Hope that PLDT (Telephone Company) would try underground wiring, along with MERALCO to avoid every street to have electric posts, just lightposts. I think PLDT will still be owned to this day by the Cojuangco Family since 1967. National Waterworks and Sewerage System Authority (NAWASA) would not change its name up to present ITTL and continue to improve their water services and modernized their operations. Therefore, there wouldn't be water concession between Maynilad and Manila Water IOTL. Pasig River and other waterways in Metro Manila ITTL would finally be habitual to different kinds of fishes with the early action of cleaning and clearing the river. Using Pasig River as an advantage for water transportation and transportation terminals would decrease the traffic around Metro Manila. The government would still create Landbank (banks for farmers and fishermen) and Philippine Veterans Bank (banks for veterans who've been part in Armed Forces of the Philippines and veterans who've served in Second World War, Korean War, and Cambodian War). Hope that there's high pension and salary for senior citizens, veterans, and persons with disabilities.

10. Hope that Philippine Sports would also continue to thrive ITTL with the Philippine Olympic Committee creating in 1963, Philippine Basketball Association creating in 1970, UAAP, and NCAA. With some of our greatest athletes like Robert Jaworski (Basketball), Paeng Nepomuceno (Bowling) Efren "Bata" Reyes (Billiard), Gabriel "Flash" Elorde (Boxing), and Lydia de Vega (Track and Field) will continue their success just like IOTL, but they also joined the Olympics ITTL to bring more recognition and pride in sports. Hope also that the government have more athletic pension and salary in order to sustain themselves or with their families when they retired or deceased.

11. I think the Catholic Church in the Philippines would still be the biggest critic in the government with the rise of movements on abortion, divorce, same-sex marriage, and LGBT+ Community just like IOTL. Hope ITTL that we could finally have those laws and legalized by the government for finally accepting the equality they deserve because they've been discriminated for a long time. The Iglesia Ni Kristo (Church of Christ) would still continue up to present just like IOTL, but still depends with different social, political, and cultural impact ITTL. Islam would continue remain their peace and prosper in Mindanao just like ITTL now that communism and terrorism is out of the picture.

12. With the early action towards environmental issues or climate change by President Kennedy in the 60's, we would also copy and continue the policy ITTL. Also creating the Department of Science and Technology, Department of Environment and Natural Resources, and Department of Energy just like IOTL, but earlier ITTL. We could have early renewable energy source like solar power plants and finally having nuclear power plants. We could finally make funds for the flood control and other disaster-related projects like earthquakes and volcanic eruptions because our country is at Pacific Ring of Fire. Prevent deforestation and other crimes against nature by having strict laws on environment by creating nature reservations. Science and Technology would be improved ITTL. We could finally follow the recycling method and have clean parks, forests, and preserved other landforms and waterforms. Hope for the modernization and building more of hospitals and health centers ITTL with the law for Universal Health Care so that it can be affordable and accessible for everyone. Computers would come to our country in the 80's or 90's so that we can catch up with technology of the world ITTL.

13. Hope that every indigenous tribes in our country would still have a stronger law in protecting and preserving their tradition, arts, crafts, music, dance, poetry, and languages or dialects.

14. Beauty pageants in our country would be more successful ITTL. Our contenders or representatives from Miss Universe, Miss World, Miss International, and Miss Earth would either be on Top 5 or Winner in different competitions.

Last edited:
@President_Lincoln if you don't mind I would like to ask you several questions regarding TTL:

1. What's going on in Italy right now? If I understood it correctly "Socialisti Uniti" is not a single party but a federative political movement like OTL Left Front in France and United Left in Spain that consists of the PSI, the PCI, the Proletarian Unity Party, and maybe even the Proletarian Democracy Party. On the other side, there are the DC, PSDI, PRI, and PLI while the MSI remains outside the government. Who has been the prime minister until now in TTL? Have there been any moves towards a presidential system or something else to stabilize the country?

2. What's going on in the South China Sea? Did China occupy the Paracel islands in 1974 like in OTL or not? What's the stance of the US government?

3. Did the OTL 1969 Libyan Coup d'etat happen or not? If not how is the monarchy doing?

4. How is the Afghanistan war going? I suspect a little bit better thanks to Soviet-aligned Pakistan. Have there been air battles between the USSR and Iran like OTL USSR- Pakistan skirmishes?

5. How close is the USSR-Pakistani relationship? I imagine something like Pakistani Mig-21s, Mig-25s, and later Mig-29s against Indian F-4Ss, F-5s, and later F-16s in the air; t-62s and t-72s on the ground and Foxtrot-class and later Kilo-class submarines and Koni-class frigates for the navy. Maybe even some pipeline projects. Am I going too far or is it a reasonable assumption?

6. Did the different working conditions in the USSR lead to a better RBMK reactor design(the one that exploded in Chernobyl) or did it remain like in OTL? What about the three-mile island power station?

I do have a couple of questions on a few figures from OTL:

1. Bernie Sanders: As you did say he won the Mayoralship in 76/77 is he planning to run for re-election or jockey for the House seat in 80? And how has his mayoralship gone?

2. Has Frank Church entered the Senate or has his cancer struck early?

Now on the general politics:

How has Johnsons machine gone with George Wallace left to head it? And how has he worked with Evers?

Nice to see this timeline is back! Been reading through it since April/May of this year after hearing about it in AltHistHub's iceberg video. It's a really well made alternate history piece! I know a lot of people are asking ya questions about it, so I'll keep my own questions brief:

1. Obviously Sir Alec Guinness plays the Third Doctor instead of Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker plays the Fourth (like IOTL,) but who plays the First and Second Doctors? Is it still Bill Hartnell and Patrick Troughton or someone else?
2. Also, I'm wondering if that "Doctor Who Meets Scratchman" movie pitch Tom Baker made will end up going anywhere in TTL. I think it might have a somewhat better chance thanks to Star Wars and Star Trek doing better but it really just depends on if they get backing from a Hollywood studio.
3. How's the Betamax vs. VHS format war playing out? I remember Betamax being mentioned in one of the Pop Culture posts but I don't know if VHS was.
4. Oh, just one more thing... how's Columbo doing? I think we're already past it's original cancelation in 1978 from OTL so I was just wondering.

For Star Wars I can think of a few things; since Tom Sellack is Indy Harrison is less reluctant to return to Han Solo (which means Howard Kazanjian doesn't have to use chicanery to get him to come back).

I also have a few suggestions for Return of the Jedi

1.) Vader's internal torment is more apparent; when he and Palpatine are talking Palpatine mockingly asks is his commitment is wavering, prompting Vader to shout "I gave EVERYTHING for the cause! Everything I ever loved!" It's made clear that when Luke successfully defied Vader at Bespin it badly rattled him; Luke's ability to resist the Dark Side's lure despite his situation reminded Vader just what it meant to truly be a Jedi, which in turn causes him to start acknowledging doubts that he previously hadn't. Lee's performance as Vader in this sequence is well received.

2.) This is pure speculation but I'm wondering if Lucas could have a near miss with death right after ESB is released; while he's recovering in the hospital he has time to decompress and think things through. It also encourages him and Marcia to give things more of a try; while it still doesn't save the marriage the divorce is somewhat more amicable than it was in OTL. The closeness with death also gives Harrison Ford and others a hook to argue a way to kill Han off; it can show kids how fragile life truly is, something that ultimately helps persuade Lucas. Han dies pushing Leia out of the way of a blaster bolt meant for Leia, completing his transformation from selfish rogue to selfless hero.

3.) ROTJ has Wookies instead of Ewoks, because Wookies are cooler.

Wait is one of my favorite TLs back

Hold on...
*stares closely*

Dec 19, 2022

On my birthday as well?! Why! Thank you!
Im so excited to binge this again

3. How's the Betamax vs. VHS format war playing out? I remember Betamax being mentioned in one of the Pop Culture posts but I don't know if VHS was.
I almost forgot this format wars after I watched and learned this from Cartoon Network's Regular Show. Would Betamax and VCR both succeed ITTL? Speaking of formats, I also want to know if Laserdisc would be successful ITTL? This is even before the Compact Disc in the 80's.
1.) Vader's internal torment is more apparent; when he and Palpatine are talking Palpatine mockingly asks is his commitment is wavering, prompting Vader to shout "I gave EVERYTHING for the cause! Everything I ever loved!" It's made clear that when Luke successfully defied Vader at Bespin it badly rattled him; Luke's ability to resist the Dark Side's lure despite his situation reminded Vader just what it meant to truly be a Jedi, which in turn causes him to start acknowledging doubts that he previously hadn't. Lee's performance as Vader in this sequence is well received.

2.) This is pure speculation but I'm wondering if Lucas could have a near miss with death right after ESB is released; while he's recovering in the hospital he has time to decompress and think things through. It also encourages him and Marcia to give things more of a try; while it still doesn't save the marriage the divorce is somewhat more amicable than it was in OTL. The closeness with death also gives Harrison Ford and others a hook to argue a way to kill Han off; it can show kids how fragile life truly is, something that ultimately helps persuade Lucas. Han dies pushing Leia out of the way of a blaster bolt meant for Leia, completing his transformation from selfish rogue to selfless hero.

1. I never thought of that genius, impressive! But the Darth Vader throwing Emperor Palpatine would remain.
2. I just want Han Solo to remain alive throughout the movie.
3. Alright then genius, Wookies it is! I still don't know why they made Ewoks in the first place when they can make Wookies earlier than the Prequel Trilogy IOTL?
2. Also, I'm wondering if that "Doctor Who Meets Scratchman" movie pitch Tom Baker made will end up going anywhere in TTL. I think it might have a somewhat better chance thanks to Star Wars and Star Trek doing better but it really just depends on if they get backing from a Hollywood studio.
With Star Wars and Star Trek doing better ITTL, I want to see this also geniuses! This is something else!

I have some questions to asked genius:
1. Would Kate Bush's music career going to be more successful ITTL? If it is, the 80's would flourish her career even further.
2. Is John Cazale still gonna be dead ITTL or did he survive from his sickness and continue having an incredible film career? Is he going to marry Meryl Streep ITTL or someone else?
3. What would happen to Betamax, 8 Track, VCR, and Laserdisc ITTL? Are they all going to be more successful than it was IOTL?
4. What's going on with Donald Trump, his father, and their business empire in New York? Would they failed to succeed ITTL?
5. Is North Vietnam finally defeated ITTL and are they going to be absorbed by the government of South Vietnam?
6. Will PanAm going to be a successful airline ITTL than it was IOTL?
7. Will Lord Mountbatten gonna live beyond 1979 ITTL because he died that year IOTL? If he lives, what would happen now to Prince Charles because they have close bonds in the Royal Family?
8. What's going on to Jerry Falwell, Billy Graham, and other evangelists? Did they finally failed for their conservative cause ITTL?
9. What's gonna happen to terrorism in the Middle East ITTL? Would they be a failure with their causes they're fighting for?
10. Would the Bee Gees still going to do Music for UNICEF like IOTL? Because their charitable act and advocacy for children really is a strong move at the height of their popularity.

Last edited:
More Answers to More Inquiries
@President_Lincoln if you don't mind I would like to ask you several questions regarding TTL:

1. What's going on in Italy right now? If I understood it correctly "Socialisti Uniti" is not a single party but a federative political movement like OTL Left Front in France and United Left in Spain that consists of the PSI, the PCI, the Proletarian Unity Party, and maybe even the Proletarian Democracy Party. On the other side, there are the DC, PSDI, PRI, and PLI while the MSI remains outside the government. Who has been the prime minister until now in TTL? Have there been any moves towards a presidential system or something else to stabilize the country?

2. What's going on in the South China Sea? Did China occupy the Paracel islands in 1974 like in OTL or not? What's the stance of the US government?

3. Did the OTL 1969 Libyan Coup d'etat happen or not? If not how is the monarchy doing?

4. How is the Afghanistan war going? I suspect a little bit better thanks to Soviet-aligned Pakistan. Have there been air battles between the USSR and Iran like OTL USSR- Pakistan skirmishes?

5. How close is the USSR-Pakistani relationship? I imagine something like Pakistani Mig-21s, Mig-25s, and later Mig-29s against Indian F-4Ss, F-5s, and later F-16s in the air; t-62s and t-72s on the ground and Foxtrot-class and later Kilo-class submarines and Koni-class frigates for the navy. Maybe even some pipeline projects. Am I going too far or is it a reasonable assumption?

6. Did the different working conditions in the USSR lead to a better RBMK reactor design(the one that exploded in Chernobyl) or did it remain like in OTL? What about the three-mile island power station?

1. The following is a list of Italy's Prime Ministers ITTL (1962 - Present [1979])
Amintore Fanfani (DC) Feb. 1962 - June 1963
Giovanni Leone (DC) June 1963 - December 1963
Aldo Moro (DC) December 1963 - June 1968
Giovanni Leone (DC) June 1968 - December 1968
Mariano Rumor (DC) December 1968 - August 1970
Emilio Colombo (DC) August 1970 - February 1972
Giulio Andreotti (DC) February 1972 - July 1973
Mariano Rumor (DC) July 1973 - November 1974
Aldo Moro (DC) November 1974 - Present [Jan. 1979]

The biggest change for Italy from OTL is that following the "Historic Compromise" brokered by Aldo Moro and the country's communist party, the Kennedy Doctrine meant that the United States endorsed his coalition government, made up of his own Christian Democrats and with broad support from across the country's left and center wings. Now in his second premiership, Moro, widely seen as one of the greatest leaders in modern Italian history, is leading efforts at reform. His long tenure in Rome has also had the added benefit of bringing a great deal of stability to the country. Only time will tell if his unique coalition holds, of course. But his personal popularity and strong legislative acumen have gone a long way.

2. Yes. In January of 1974, the People's Republic of China invaded the Paracel Islands, engaging the naval forces of the Republic of Vietnam in a brief, but decisive battle. In its aftermath, the PRC took full control of the islands. Though the USA condemned the invasion, it offered no meaningful support to Vietnam in the islands' defense. Most in the US State Department saw the islands as a "small price to pay" for opening relations with China, a major goal of the Bush Administration's foreign policy.

3. Yes. Gaddafi and his supporters still rise to power in Libya. Many of the causes of that coup go back to before our POD.

4. Correct here as well. With Pakistani support, the invasion of Afghanistan is progressing faster and with more immediate success than IOTL. One of Pakistan's war goals is the creation of "Pashtunistan", a Pashtun-majority state out of the southern regions of Afghanistan. This would provide a nation-state for ethnic Pashtuns seeking a home away from mistreatment or discrimination elsewhere. It would also provide a puppet-state and buffer for Pakistan. For the Soviets, propping up a communist regime in Kabul has always been and remains, the primary purpose of their occupation of the country. TTL still sees a version of the Mujahedeen rise to oppose them. Insurgency continues to plague Soviet troops stationed in the country.

5. These are all reasonable assumptions. Given that Pakistan has aligned itself with the USSR and India with the United States, it only makes sense that each side would purchase/receive military equipment from their respective superpower ally.

6. I will cover both of these incidents (or lack thereof!) in future updates. :)

I do have a couple of questions on a few figures from OTL:

1. Bernie Sanders: As you did say he won the Mayoralship in 76/77 is he planning to run for re-election or jockey for the House seat in 80? And how has his mayoralship gone?

2. Has Frank Church entered the Senate or has his cancer struck early?

Now on the general politics:

How has Johnsons machine gone with George Wallace left to head it? And how has he worked with Evers?

1. Mayor Bernie is planning on running for a second term as Mayor. As per OTL, he is shocking his detractors by becoming one of America's most popular (and dare I say finest) mayors. Burlington is becoming a more liveable and more equitable city thanks to his efforts.

2. Frank Church is currently serving as a U.S. Senator for the state of Idaho.

3. Johnson's "New Southern Machine" has flourished and matured, even in the aftermath of LBJ's passing. While Wallace did become a part of the machine after rejoining the Democratic Party, he was never allowed to get close to the role of "party leader". Instead, Johnson groomed Russell B. Long (D - LA) to take his place in the Senate. And he saw in Jimmy Carter, then Governor of Georgia, another kindred spirit who could help lead the Southern Democrats into the future. By 1979 the Southern-wing makes up a large chunk of the Democrats' "communitarian" wing. These communitarians are moderate to conservative on social issues such as busing and abortion, but liberal on economic issues. In general, this coalition of working class southerners (both white and black) is possible due to the influence of evangelicals (whose support is split pretty evenly between the parties ITTL) and by the "big tent" nature of both parties, nationally. Senator-Elect Evers (D - MS) was able to get elected, even as an African-American Democrat in Mississippi because he is a member of this wing of the party.

Nice to see this timeline is back! Been reading through it since April/May of this year after hearing about it in AltHistHub's iceberg video. It's a really well made alternate history piece! I know a lot of people are asking ya questions about it, so I'll keep my own questions brief:

1. Obviously Sir Alec Guinness plays the Third Doctor instead of Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker plays the Fourth (like IOTL,) but who plays the First and Second Doctors? Is it still Bill Hartnell and Patrick Troughton or someone else?
4. Oh, just one more thing... how's Columbo doing? I think we're already past it's original cancelation in 1978 from OTL so I was just wondering.

1. Yep! I will be sure to update you all on any further Doctors as the TL continues. ;)

2. Certainly! With Fox controlling Star Wars and Paramount owning Star Trek for film, that left Tom Baker and Ian Marter with a few other studios that could reasonably have a shot at pulling off their own Sci-Fi flick.

After finishing their script and winning the approval of BBC Enterprises in October 1975, the creative team for Doctor Who Meets Scratchman then began to shop the project around to different studios. They managed to talk horror icon Vincent Price into playing the film's eponymous villain, which would serve as a draw for American audiences largely unfamiliar with the Doctor and the TARDIS. Thanks to the Price connection, and following the massive, utterly unexpected success of Star Wars for Fox, Baker and Marter managed to secure the backing of Walt Disney Productions early in 1978. Douglas Trumbull, who previously helmed Silent Running for Universal back in 1972, and had worked special effects on numerous films, including 2001: A Space Odyssey, was hired to direct. Filming began in Scotland that spring, with a release date scheduled for Labor Day 1979. In addition to the primary plot with Scratchman, the film would also feature appearances by the Daleks and the Cybermen.

1672454414451.png

3. The Betamax vs. VHS war is largely avoided ITTL, as JVC felt that their own creation, the VHS, was unlikely to compete effectively with Betamax given VHS' technical limitations. As the 1970s give way to the 80s, Betamax (and therefore Sony) will come to dominate the home video market. As the technology improves, so too will the tapes' capacity - meaning they can hold longer recordings and so on. Home video releases ITTL will also have higher resolution, better clarity, etc. On the other hand, video cassettes will be more expensive for the consumer. Make of that what you will. :)

4. Columbo largely followed its OTL path here. 1978 saw it finish its run on NBC.

For Star Wars I can think of a few things; since Tom Sellack is Indy Harrison is less reluctant to return to Han Solo (which means Howard Kazanjian doesn't have to use chicanery to get him to come back).

I also have a few suggestions for Return of the Jedi

Excellent suggestions! I will definitely be taking notes on these, m'lord. :D

Wait is one of my favorite TLs back

Hold on...
*stares closely*

Dec 19, 2022

On my birthday as well?! Why! Thank you!
Im so excited to binge this again

Thank you! Glad to be posting again. :)

I have some questions to asked genius:
1. Would Kate Bush's music career going to be more successful ITTL? If it is, the 80's would flourish her career even further.
2. Is John Cazale still gonna be dead ITTL or did he survive from his sickness and continue having an incredible film career? Is he going to marry Meryl Streep ITTL or someone else?
3. What would happen to Betamax, 8 Track, VCR, and Laserdisc ITTL? Are they all going to be more successful than it was IOTL?
4. What's going on with Donald Trump, his father, and their business empire in New York? Would they failed to succeed ITTL?
5. Is North Vietnam finally defeated ITTL and are they going to be absorbed by the government of South Vietnam?
6. Will PanAm going to be a successful airline ITTL than it was IOTL?
7. Will Lord Mountbatten gonna live beyond 1979 ITTL because he died that year IOTL? If he lives, what would happen now to Prince Charles because they have close bonds in the Royal Family?
8. What's going on to Jerry Falwell, Billy Graham, and other evangelists? Did they finally failed for their conservative cause ITTL?
9. What's gonna happen to terrorism in the Middle East ITTL? Would they be a failure with their causes they're fighting for?
10. Would the Bee Gees still going to do Music for UNICEF like IOTL? Because their charitable act and advocacy for children really is a strong move at the height of their popularity.
1. Stay tuned! I will say, I am a fan of Ms. Bush and her work.

2. Unfortunately, given his history of chain smoking, I don't believe that Cazale will live much longer here than he did IOTL. His loss was a great one. But I don't see a way I could prevent it.

3. Will try to answer more format questions in an upcoming update. As mentioned above, Betamax will beat out VHS ITTL.

4. To be brief, Donald Trump and his father are (thus far) largely following their OTL paths. After running into trouble with the Justice Department for violations of the Civil Rights Act of 1968, their organization was forced to pay a hefty fine to the Federal government and amend their frankly racist renting practices. We will check in with both of them again soon.

5. North and South Vietnam were peacefully rejoined via popular referendum a few years back. The successful reunification has been held up as vindication of President John F. Kennedy's policies in the region ITTL.

6. Possibly! Stay tuned.

7. I will definitely cover this this year.

8. ITTL, due to his association with the ill-fated American Conservative Party, Rev. Falwell has largely fallen out of the political limelight. He still has his allies, of course, but he's much less public in his support these days. Most leaders in Washington don't want to publicly associate with the "the guy who supported the Nazi in Congress (George Lincoln Rockwell)". Billy Graham, on the other hand, has remained influential. He retains the ears of many powerful figures in America. President Udall, who is a largely secular man, is not among them, much to Graham's chagrin. Graham's greatest hope is for someone like his good friend Senator Jimmy Carter of Georgia to end up in the White House. In general, evangelical support is split pretty much evenly between the two parties.

9. This is a HUGE topic and likely will require several updates to properly answer. Stay tuned.

10. Definitely. :) As you say, hard to argue against doing the right thing and looking good while doing it.

Last edited:
Excellent suggestions! I will definitely be taking notes on these, m'lord. :D
to add to the rotj suggestions- Luke releasing his anger at Vader is now from him feeling the death of Han in the Force, and Vader mocking him for it. This would give even more weight to Luke ultimately refusing to give in to his anger, because he's denying himself revenge for a lost friend.

Last edited:
If you’re going to ask me geniuses, I want this for Philippine Presidents and Vice Presidents ITTL. This is what would I call the best case scenario for the Philippines:

Diosdado Macapagal & Emmanuel Pelaez (LP, 1961-1969)
Carlos Romulo & Fernando Lopez (NP, 1969-1977)
Jovito Salonga & Lorenzo Tañada (LP, 1977-1985)

Jose Diokno & Salvador Laurel (NP, 1985-1993)
Benigno Aquino, Jr. & Gerardo Roxas (LP, 1993-2001)
Miriam Defensor-Santiago & Ramon Magsaysay, Jr. (NP, 2001-2009)
Raul Roco & Edgardo Angara (LP, 2009-2017)
Fernando Poe, Jr. & Loren Legarda (NP, 2017-2025)

Now this is what would happen in our country:
1. Hope that President Macapagal and the succeeding administrations finally continue the Master Plan of Manila by Daniel Burnham to have a better road and waterway system. Also building a government center in Rizal Park, creating parks and recreational activities; a university center, reviving the Philippine National Railway system to its Pre-WW2 era, improved pier system, a resort in Manila Bay, and extending Roxas Boulevard up to Cavite.

2. Hope the government ITTL also restore and rebuild every landmarks and buildings across the country that were destroyed during the Second World War, including Intramuros (the walled city), and Escolta (the business center). Manila during the American Period was called "The Paris of Asia" due to its mix of Spanish and American Architecture. They should also restore and revive Manila Tram System which was called "The Best In Asia" and extend it to every city in Metro Manila. The tram system were improved by MERALCO (the electric company) also during the American Period. Hope that MERALCO (now owned by the Lopez Family IOTL & ITTL) finally reconsider and rebuild it to its glory days. They should follow and build the Metro Manila Subway System which was created by JICA in 1973. I just don't like the elevated railway system which was created by Marcos, Sr. IOTL because it ruined the beauty of Manila from 1980s onwards. Together with all of this and creating more mass transportation, traffic would be less and we might be the most visited tourist destination in Asia and would boost our economy ITTL along with other famous cities in the Philippines.

3. With Marcos, Sr. not becoming president, the government would be less corrupt ITTL. We would continue having political balance between the Nacionalistas and the Liberals up to present day ITTL. With the people having trust in the government, we won't be one of the corrupt governments in the world. Statesmen would still have honor, respect, credibible, and dignity in their positions. Politics would still be for the people who studied law, business, scholars, and other academicians alike.

4. All print and mass media ITTL would be one of the freest press in Asia and the world now that Marcos, Sr. will not be president and declaring Martial Law to closed and controlled media on 1972 IOTL. ABS-CBN Corporation (the first TV station to be aired since 1953 and media conglomerate) would still be merged and owned by the Lopez Family by 1967 just like IOTL, but still continues to reach every part of the country and one of the biggest and modernized TV station ITTL. They would still owned and continue Channels 2 & 4, their AM & FM radio stations up to present day ITTL. They would still create SkyCable just like IOTL, but somewhere in the 80's to have different channels from around the world, including the ABS-CBN Channels like for news (DZAQ Teleradyo & DZXL Teleradyo ITTL, and ABS-CBN News Channel or ANC), movies and shows (Cinema One, Cinemo, and Jeepney TV), educational (Knowledge Channel), music (Myx) kids and teens (Hero, and Yey), lifestyle (Lifestyle Channel), and sports (Studio 23). The Filipino Channel (an international channel) would probably happen in the 80's to reach their fellow Filipinos around the world, including music (Star Records), film (Star Cinema), publishing (ABS-CBN Publishing), foundation (ABS-CBN Foundation and Bantay Bata 163), news and documentaries (ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs), entertainment (ABS-CBN Entertainment, Dreamscape, Star Creatives, Star Magic), regional (ABS-CBN Regional Network), and their own website would come in the 90's. RBS Channel 7 (known as GMA IOTL) would still be owned and operate by Robert Stewart just like IOTL, I think he will step down in the 80's and pass the torch to the Duavit-Gozon-Jimenez Triumvirate and continue up to present ITTL. ABC Channel 5 (known as TV 5 IOTL) would still be owned by the Roces Family and continuing their success up to present, along with their newspaper The Manila Times and their radio stations ITTL. I think the descendants of the Roces Family would continue leading the station up to present. MBC Channel 11 (known as RHTV IOTL) would still be owned by the Elizalde Family. They would not be closed IOTL and also continued their operation to this day along with their radio station DZRH (First Radio Station in the Philippines) ITTL. KBS Channel 9 (known as RPN & CNN Philippines IOTL) and IBC Channel 13 would still owned and continued by the Benedicto Family ITTL. They wouldn't be be controlled by the government IOTL, but the Benedicto Family will up to present. I think the government would create their own TV station, but in different frequency ITTL. I want to put them in Channel 1 and still called PTV (People's Television). So ITTL, we have 8 TV Stations in our country who will have a friendly battle with ratings from 60's onwards. When it comes to the ratings, ABS-CBN would be first, ABC on the second, and RBS on the third. The Golden Age of Philippine Television would continue from the 60's, and I think up to the 90's. All of our famous newspapers, magazines, and other prints from the Post-WW2 era would continue and succeed up to present ITTL.

5. The economy ITTL would continue to grow and prosper just like the Kennedy Administration. Our country would be one of the best and leading economies in Asia. The Lopez Family would still own much of their companies IOTL, but continue to thrive beyond the 70's as one of the richest, successful, and powerful family business ITTL with MERALCO, ABS-CBN, Manila Chronicle, and etc.. San Miguel Corporation (beer conglomerate) would still be owned to this day by the Soriano and Zobel de Ayala Family now that Marcos Sr. in not the president ITTL. San Miguel would still create a joint venture of softdrink business company in the 80's with Coca-Cola Company because they still owned it and one of the first international bottlers during the American Period. They would also call it Coca-Cola Bottlers Philippines, Inc. just like IOTL. I don't know whether San Miguel would let Coca-Cola Company run its own business somewhere in the 2000's, but I can assume that they can hold their own success up to present ITTL. Ayala Corporation (business and real estate conglomerate) would just continue their OTL path by owning Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI), and creating the Makati Business Center in Makati during the 60's, malls and property across the country by AyalaMalls and AyalaLand. Along with SM Corporation (shopping mall conglomerate) by also building malls across the country, and acquiring Banco de Oro in the 70's. Rustan (shopping mall company) owned by the Tantoco Family would still thrive in the 60's, but would face competition with SM, Ayala, and Robinson Malls in the 80's. Uniwide Sales, Inc. by the Gow Family would also thrive in the 70's and 80's. The businesses of the Aboitiz, Araneta, Tan, Goitanun, and Gokongwei Families would also thrive in the 60's and beyond. The Elizalde Family would still owned DZRH, MBC, Tanduay Distillers, Inc. and YCO Paints and Floor Wax. The 1 Dollar=2 Peso exchanged currency would still change IOTL, but will slowly rise up to present ITTL. Without Marcos, Sr. becoming president, all prices of food and other commodities would also slowly rise ITTL but you get all the details about the recession in the 70's. We would have sufficient supply of rice, fruits, vegetables, fish, chicken, pork, and meat by giving farmers all of modern equipments and methods of farming from the help of US. The banknotes and coinages from the English Series of Central Bank of the Philippines would continue throughout the 60's. The banknotes and coinages from the Pilipino Series would begin in the 70's due to patriotism and nationalism of Filipinos. The banknotes and coinages from the New Generation Currency Series would still happen in the 80's just like IOTL.

6. Poverty, homelessness unemployment, uneducated, and crime would decreased ITTL. With that, there wouldn't be Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) now that everyone is educated and employed. Improved the education system so that we have academics, scholars, and experts to end poverty. With everyone having more jobs, increased income per capita, and having better lives ITTL, there would be less crime. Hope that education in our country ITTL would be high in literacy, including Math, Science, English, Filipino, History, Arts, and Physical Education. Prison reform and rehabilitation should happen ITTL by creating laws for giving prisoners a second chance through recreational activities and craftsmanship. With these laws, crime would drop dramatically. Hope for more housing projects to decrease homelessness and poverty.

7. I think there would be modernization for the armed forces and national police in the 60's by giving weapons, equipments, and vehicles from the US in part of President Kennedy continuing their strong relations to prevent the spread of communism up to present ITTL so that we're well-prepared and well-trained whenever there's war. I don't know whether the US Military Bases in Subic and Clark would stay up to present ITTL because the Philippine Senate IOTL rejected their extension and leave in 1992. If they continue their presence and improve their relationship with the US ITTL, China wouldn't claim and conquered Scarborough Shoal and Spratly Islands (Kalayaan Group of Islands) in West Philippine Sea. Without the spread of communism and preventing the Vietnam War, Mindanao wouldn't create rebel groups with the communist and islamic ideology and insurgency or terrorism. So ITTL, we would finally have a long-lasting peace, progress, and prosperity in the country.

8. Arts and Letters in the Philippines would continue to thrive from the 60's and beyond with President Kennedy's support for the arts and letters in the US. With restoration and rebuilding of the famous architectures from prewar era, we would have extensive collection from visual arts, literature, architecture, theater, film, and fashion ITTL. I just hope Fernando Amorsolo, Carlos Francisco, and Guillermo Tolentino would lived to the 1980's to tell their stories, passed the torch to the new generation of by teaching their signature styles, and get more awards and recognitions by creating the National Artist Award and National Commission for Culture and Arts in 1965. Film industries in the Philippines would still transition to television just like IOTL. But with modern technology and equipment of filmmaking ITTL, the country would be one of the fastest growing in the world. Hope that we could have the Manila International Film Festival ITTL to show that we could be as competitive as the rest of the world. We would have our own version of Hollywood ITTL. Original Pinoy Music (OPM) would still happen in the 70's just like IOTL, but we will have impressive set of music ITTL.

9. Philippine Airlines would still be owned by the government just like IOTL, but now with modernized aviation system and airport ITTL. Hope that PLDT (Telephone Company) would try underground wiring, along with MERALCO to avoid every street to have electric posts, just lightposts. I think PLDT will still be owned to this day by the Cojuangco Family since 1967. National Waterworks and Sewerage System Authority (NAWASA) would not change its name up to present ITTL and continue to improve their water services and modernized their operations. Therefore, there wouldn't be water concession between Maynilad and Manila Water IOTL. Pasig River ITTL would finally be habitual to different kinds of fishes with the early action of cleaning and clearing the river. Using Pasig River as an advantage for water transportation and transportation terminals would decrease the traffic around Metro Manila. The government would still create Landbank and Philippine Veterans Bank. Hope that there's high pension for senior citizens, veterans, and persons with disabilities.

10. Hope that Philippine Sports would also continue to thrive ITTL with the Philippine Olympic Committee, Philippine Basketball Association, UAAP, and NCAA. Robert Jaworski (Basketball), Paeng Nepomuceno (Bowling) Efren "Bata" Reyes (Billiard), Gabriel "Flash" Elorde (Boxing), and Lydia de Vega (Track and Field) will continue their success just like IOTL, but they also joined the Olympics ITTL to bring more recognition and pride in sports.

11. I think the Catholic Church in the Philippines would still be the biggest critic in the government with the rise of movements on abortion, divorce, same-sex marriage, and LGBT+ Community just like IOTL. Hope ITTL that we could finally have those laws and legalized by the government for finally accepting the equality they deserve. The Iglesia Ni Kristo (Church of Christ) would still continue up to present just like IOTL, but still depends with different social, political, and cultural impact ITTL. Islam would remain peace and prosper in Mindanao just like ITTL now that communism and terrorism is out of the picture.

12. With the early action towards environmental issues or climate change by President Kennedy in the 60's, we would also copy and continue the policy ITTL. Also creating the Department of Science and Technology, Department of Environment and Natural Resources, and Department of Energy just like IOTL, but earlier ITTL. We could have early renewable energy source like solar power plants and finally having nuclear power plants. We could finally make funds for the flood control and other disaster-related projects like earthquakes and volcanic eruptions because our country is at Pacific Ring of Fire. Prevent deforestation and other crimes against nature by having strict laws on environment by creating nature reservations. Science and Technology would be improved ITTL. We could finally follow the recycling method and have clean parks, forests, and preserved other landforms and waterforms. Hope for the modernization and building more of hospitals and health centers ITTL with the law for Universal Health Care so that it can be affordable and accessible for everyone. Computers would come to our country in the 80's or 90's so that we can catch up with technology of the world ITTL.

13. Hope that every indigenous tribes in our country would still have a law in protecting and preserving their tradition, arts, crafts, music, dance, poetry, and languages or dialects.

14. Beauty pageants in our country would be more successful ITTL. Our contenders or representatives from Miss Universe, Miss World, Miss International, and Miss Earth would either be on Top 5 or Winner in different competitions.
@President_Lincoln, what is your response on my suggestions for my country ITTL, is it good enough for your next chapter genius? Because I never come this far on thinking beyond my wildest dreams. Reading and learning history has been my favorite since childhood. Knowing about Alternate History is something of a surprise for me in the beginning, but started to embrace it as time goes by. When I learned about some of The Greatest Philippine Presidents We Never Had, it really broadens my knowledge and understanding on what could've been for our country from that day on. Then I started watching videos from Whatifalthist and AlternateHistoryHub on YouTube. It was during this year that I watched the 3-Part AlternateHistoryHub's Iceberg Edition that I found and learned your alternate timeline. From the short summary that I've heard, he said it was the best case scenario of the decade. Even in actuality, things might probably not changed even if President Kennedy is alive. I don't care what he says that things might not changed everything, I care because I want to live in this timeline that you made. Like I said earlier before, I started to read this alternate timeline of yours and you gave me all of the emotions that I never felt in my life. As I read this, I was waiting for our country to be mentioned ITTL but nothing yet. When I started to give you message about this, I was already thinking, giving suggestions, and planning a possible scenario on what would be our different life ITTL. I'm still here waiting for our chapter and hope to have us a better life ITTL. And for that, I wanted to say again thank you for welcoming me and being part in your family. We may have faced dark times in our lives, but you gave me again the light of hope that I received in my life. You made a difference genius, and I mean it! From the Philippines, I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! See you next year geniuses!

Welcome back Mr President!! Two questions :

1. Within TTL's GOP, is the battle between the economic moderates (Rockefeller Republicans) and the economic right still raging on ?

2. What is the current situation of America's TTL manufacturing sector ?

Last edited:
I do wonder later on in this TL that we might seem monarchy revivals like say in Romania, Albania and Serbia/Yugoslavia etc especially if we do see the fall of the Soviet Union as there was a brief spell for such things to happen.

Heck, Brazil had at time point had a referendum in the 1980's or 90's IIRC on a monarchy revival though fell apart due to in fighting though would be interesting if it worked out here, though more as a ceremonial role like the British monarchy, and maybe helps avoid a lot of the political corruption as what has happened IOTL and given how many in Brazil seem open to the idea, why not?Actually, hopefully South America gets off better here as a whole.