Blue Skies in Camelot (Continued): An Alternate 80s and Beyond

Deleted member 170721

Since many people are asking questions I would also like to ask several questions:

1. What happened in Somalia and Ethiopia? Did the Ogaden War happen?

2. How is Vietnam doing? Did it maintain the flag of South Vietnam and what is its official capital? Is it fighting a border war with China just like in OTL? Did the USA and China come to an agreement not to deploy Us bases in former North Vietnam or not? Will the Chinese push for the Spratlys earlier fearing a stronger Vietnam in long run? How are the Soviet relations with Vietnam? (read: will the soviets supply weapons against the Chinese?)

3. Is there a possibility for an earlier reunification of Yemen inspired by TTL Vietnam?

Curious who your version of Barbara Walters has interviewed so far. May have some ideas for future interviews.
I think this would be the following famous people Barbara Walters have interviewed from entertainment, politics, and sports ITTL:

1. John and Jacqueline Kennedy (After their time in The White House or at the height of The Hoover Affair)
2. Robert and Ethel Kennedy (During his time in the Senate)
3. Bruce Lee (After his near-death experience or at the height of his new film, Enter The Dragon)
4. Sharon Tate (During her relationship with Senator Ted Kennedy)
5. George Romney (During his time in office or months before his death)
6. George H. W. Bush (During his time in office)
7. Hubert Humphrey (During his time in the Senate)
8. The Beatles (During the early 70's)
9. Elvis Presley and Ann-Margret (In their 10-Year Marriage)
10. Mo Udall (During his time in office)
11. Harvey Milk (After winning a seat in the House of Representatives)
12. Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio (In their 10-Year Marriage)
13. Martin Luther and Coretta Scott King (At the height of The Hoover Affair)
14. Janis Joplin (After doing her rehab or after her marriage to Kris Kristofferson)
15. Charlie Chaplin (After receiving The Honorary Award at The Academy Awards)
16. George Wallace (During the 70's)
17. Lyndon Johnson (During his time in the Senate)
18. Nelson Rockefeller (During his time in the Romney Administration)
19. Astronauts from Apollo-Svarog XI (After their successful mission on landing the moon)
20. Jim Henson and Frank Oz (At the height of the Sesame Street and The Muppets)
21. Carl Sagan (In support of creating an international space station and exploring the planet Mars)
22. Leonard Nimoy (At the height of his new film, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest)
23. Edward Muskie (During his campaign in the 1972 US Presidential Election)
24. Marlon Brando (After refusing to take the statuette from the Academy Awards)
25. Bee Gees (At the height of their popularity and Saturday Night Fever)
26. Queen (After the success from their album, A Night In The Opera)
27. Alexei Kosygin (During his time in office)
28. Zhou Enlai (During his time in office)
29. Diosdado Macapagal (During his time in office)
30. Jovito Salonga (During his time in office)
31. Jose Diokno (During his time in office)
32. Hugh Hefner (At the height of Playboy in the 70's)
33. Thurgood Marshall (During his time in the Supreme Court)
34. Bill Clinton and Raquel Welch (During the 70's as a married couple)
35. George W. Bush and Hillary Clinton (After his return in the Cambodia War)
36. John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John (At the height of their new film, Grease)
37. Christopher Lee (At the height of Star Wars and Halloween)
38. Sylvester Stallone (At the height of his new film, Rocky)
39. Robert De Niro and Cybill Shepherd (After their marriage in 1978)
40. Terry Sanford (After his time in office as Vice President in the Kennedy Administration)
41. Lynda Carter and Bruce Springsteen (During their relationship or after their marriage in the 70's)
42. Cher (After her divorce from Sonny Bono and in a relationship with Gene Simmons of KISS)
43. Pope Stanislaus (After he was elected as the new pope of the Catholic Church)
44. ABBA (At the height of their popularity in the 70's)
45. Gregory Peck (During his time in office as the US Ambassador to Ireland)
46. Frank Sinatra (During the 70's)
47. Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire (At the height of their musical documentary film, That's Entertainment in celebration of MGM's 50th Anniversary)
48. John Turner (During his time in office)
49. Pele (During the 70's or after his retirement from the World Cup)
50. Lynyrd Skynyrd (After their near-death experience from their tour plane in 1977)

Last edited:
Hopefully Reagan loses .... badly
Exactly genius! With the Democrats doing great under President Udall, he will win in the 1980 US Presidential Election. In his second term in office, he will solved early to the AIDS Epidemic to save millions of people by learning safe sex and sex education. I want him to tackle about people who are smoking, drinking, and doing drugs leads to many diseases. Also, climate change! Thanks to President Kennedy during his time in office, we will take action earlier than it was IOTL. Recycling, clean and consumed energy, using bicycles for exercise and transportation, building more parks, no plastics, tree planting, eating healthy, and many more. With Vice President Reagan losing his election and his conservative views, the Republicans would still be the influence from the Romney and Bush Administrations with their progressive and moderate views.

Um... George Romney is very dead.
I was thinking during his time in office or months before his untimely death.

Last edited:
These ITTL 80's are going to be awesome without the awfulness of Thatcher and Reagan, no advent of neoliberalism either. I do wonder whether one of my favourite songs happens without the 'Second Cold War' under Reagan though:

These ITTL 80's are going to be awesome without the awfulness of Thatcher and Reagan, no advent of neoliberalism either. I do wonder whether one of my favourite songs happens without the 'Second Cold War' under Reagan though:
I think all of the songs from the 80's up to present, they wouldn't likely made or altered differently now with the new social, cultural, and political landscape ITTL.

Last edited:
I wanted to show these art of mine geniuses since I started reading this in October last year. I combined Remini, FaceApp, and Pixelup to create this masterpieces. I made some of their faces look good and glow, so here are some of them:

1. Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio if they have children.
20221008_195721-COLLAGE.jpg

2. John and Jacqueline Kennedy.
20221008_212639-COLLAGE.jpg

3. Robert and Ethel Kennedy.
20221011_213346-COLLAGE.jpg

4. Ted and Joan Kennedy.
20221018_222436-COLLAGE.jpg

5. Lyndon and Lady Bird Johnson
20221019_102307-COLLAGE.jpg

6. Martin Luther and Coretta Scott King
20221020_082532-COLLAGE.jpg

7. Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor
20221021_163805-COLLAGE.jpg

8. Malcolm X and Betty Shabazz
20221025_190358-COLLAGE.jpg

9. Terry and Margaret Sanford
20221027_084355-COLLAGE.jpg

10. Nelson and Happy Rockefeller
20221029_084839-COLLAGE.jpg

Last edited:
@President_Lincoln really sorry to disturb you but I was wondering one thing:
1. The following is a list of Italy's Prime Ministers ITTL (1962 - Present [1979])
Amintore Fanfani (DC) Feb. 1962 - June 1963
Giovanni Leone (DC) June 1963 - December 1963
Aldo Moro (DC) December 1963 - June 1968
Giovanni Leone (DC) June 1968 - December 1968
Mariano Rumor (DC) December 1968 - August 1970
Emilio Colombo (DC) August 1970 - February 1972
Giulio Andreotti (DC) February 1972 - July 1973
Mariano Rumor (DC) July 1973 - November 1974
Aldo Moro (DC) November 1974 - Present [Jan. 1979]
How was Moro able to survive TTL 1978? Was he simply "lucky" and avoided his capture? Did the Brigate Rosse kidnap someone else (maybe Andreotti ?) It could be a convenient way to remove him from politics: he doesn't need to die but just to retire after being freed by S.W.A.T. units.

@President_Lincoln really sorry to disturb you but I was wondering one thing:

How was Moro able to survive TTL 1978? Was he simply "lucky" and avoided his capture? Did the Brigate Rosse kidnap someone else (maybe Andreotti ?) It could be a convenient way to remove him from politics: he doesn't need to die but just to retire after being freed by S.W.A.T. units.
Yes pretty much the first one.

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
I think all of the songs from the 80's up to present, they wouldn't likely made or altered differently now with the new social, cultural, and political landscape ITTL.

The Rule of Cool, I think, will see a few songs here and there preserved in some form or another ITTL, with a number of exceptions. "Imagine" by John Lennon did get butterflied since he never had a relationship with (let alone met) Yoko Ono, though IIRC a song analogous to it was still nonetheless written and performed by the Beatles here. "All Along The Watchtower" was still written, albeit somehow earlier than OTL, meaning that while Dylan never got to record it before his fatal motorcycle accident here, it ended up in the hands of Jimi Hendrix who made it his own, in a way.

That said, there is definitely a ton of music IOTL that this world won't see. With Robert Plant having joined the "27 Club" here, his solo career never happens and albums such as Now and Zen (1988) will never exist.

I for one look forward to seeing how the esteemed President handles all of this and how music changes through the 80s and afterwards with America moving in a generally more progressive and optimistic direction, certain events notwithstanding. He already introduced us to Townes Van Zandt through a chance meeting with Johnny Cash, and if Stranger Things didn't bring Kate Bush to our attention in our world, then I'm sure ol' Honest Abe would have done so in some capacity or another in this one.

And if Stranger Things didn't bring Kate Bush to our attention in our world, then I'm sure ol' Honest Abe would have done so in some capacity or another in this one.
I guess these kids aren't ready for her yet IOTL, but these kids are going to love her ITTL! Her music is really ahead of its time! I've been listening to her on Spotify since last year, and that was 5 months before the 4th season of Stranger Things.

I guess these kids aren't ready for her yet IOTL, but these kids are going to love her ITTL! Her music is really ahead of its time! I've been listening to her on Spotify since last year, and that was 5 months before the 4th season of Stranger Things.
Same. I fell in love with Running Up that Hill after Season 4 of Stranger Things and have listened to several of her other songs. So glad she and her songs are getting rediscovered!

Same. I fell in love with Running Up that Hill after Season 4 of Stranger Things and have listened to several of her other songs. So glad she and her songs are getting rediscovered!
It's about damn time geniuses! Me was Wuthering Heights and that was the first time I listened to her song. From that day on, it became my favorite songs that I would replay and was on my top songs playlist of 2022 on Spotify.

I couldn't tell whether Uniquely Genius was being sarcastic when he replied to me by inserting "exactly genius!" when replying to my comment.
Now I realised he just calls everyone a genius, which is quite endearing actually :closedeyesmile:

I couldn't tell whether Uniquely Genius was being sarcastic when he replied to me by inserting "exactly genius!" when replying to my comment.
Now I realised he just calls everyone a genius, which is quite endearing actually :closedeyesmile:
I'll take that as a compliment genius! You're the only kid that has ever said that word to me in my whole life, never happened that before. I tell you all geniuses, if we keep contributing good ideas, requests, and suggestions to this timeline, we could imagine that we're living in this timeline. I'm still waiting for the chapter on my country, the Philippines to appear here ITTL.