Worst movies/TV shows that never existed

Inspired by the Top TV shows never made thread this is for coming up with the worst shows and movies that never existed. They can be things that were planned or something that is totally alternate history it doesn't really matter. The only requirement is that the show is 'bad' in some way, how you interpret that is up to you.

Last edited:

prani

Kicked
Banned
Any of the Indian TV soap operas? Like PewDiePie barely scratched the surface when he made fun of soap operas here, like why are not people making memes of it? like really?

Uwe Bol's continuing disasters with films based on computer games would lead to his most shameful act: Tetris the movie.

It did so badly at the box office, it thankfully ended any chance of a sequel based on Pong.

Toy Story: The Black Friday Cut was a disaster that could have happened, and if it did would have sunk Pixar in its infancy. This incredibly mean-spirited film has uncanny CGI, unfunny jokes, and tries way too hard to be edgy.

Last edited:
These two projects below were actually proposed in real-life, this is not an alternate history what if:

Interplay Films was created in 1998, as a division of Interplay Entertainment, intended to adapt its game franchises to live-action films, a film adaptation of Fallout (2000) was obviously one of the first to be proposed, but hopefully never happened, I cringe just by hearing the leaked script, I am a Fallout fan who dislikes stuff who deviates from the established canon so this might be my bias in here.
However, something that I do not think that anyone has a bias against, would have also been The Redneck Rampage movie, holy fucking shit, the Redneck Rampage series(!!!!) as a whole feel like a fever dream, and to think that this was actually supposed to have been a live-action film?!?!? I am not sure if I want or do not want this movie to exist, I am sure that unlike Fallout, it could have easily checked into the "so bad it's good" Troma-esque exploitation movie niche.

Sadly, unlike the Fallout film who had its script leaked, I do not think that the RR movie script ever leaked, or if it was even written in first place.
5983795-redneck-rampage-dos-front-cover.jpg

Last edited:

THE KINGFISH

Gone Fishin'
Neon Genesis Evangelion (4Kids dub)

Among the many changes made to the seminal 90s anime by 4Kids was the rearrangement of “A Cruel Angel’s Thesis” into a rap number, the localization of the anime to San Fransisco instead of Tokyo, the censorship of all gore and bodily fluids, and the censorship of sexual fanservice (mostly that of Rei and Misato, for obvious reasons). Also, the dub removes any mentions of there being only 17 angels - and the dub is generally a “Monster of the Week” - type show.

However, the most insulting change of all is that entirely new episodes were made without the permission of Gainax or Hideaki Anno. Due to the depressing and viscerally disturbing nature of the later Evangelion episodes, it was decided that these episodes were unable to be properly censored for American audiences. Therefore, 4Kids contracted animation studio Film Roman - best known for animating Garfield & Friends and The Simpsons - to animate entirely new episodes based on scripts 4Kids staff wrote.

When the anime premiered on Kids’ WB in 1997, it was initially a huge hit - and became one of the most popular children’s shows on TV. Eyebrows started to be raised when the later episodes featured animation that was slightly more off-model and “Western-looking” in nature, but most didn’t mind. Finally, two Japanese otakus leaked VHS copies of the original Evangelion - specifically the darkest, last two episodes - to nearly every major American news outlet and parental group. This was when the dub gained huge backlash from everyone - not just fans of the show and anime fans in general, but especially moral guardians.

Creator Hideaki Anno would sue 4Kids for hundreds of millions, in a case that would reach as high as the Supreme Court. Ultimately, 4Kids was destroyed from the fallout - and were liquidated by 2000.

"Alphabet-The Movie!".

A animated film depicting the letters of the alphabet. Considered pretty cringe because the letters "G", "Q", and "T" are all depicted and voiced as incredibly stereotypical and insulting LGBT stereotypes.

New Start
1970s show where each week a family gets their elderly mother (occasionally both surviving parents) to go on holiday for a week. While they are away a team modernises their house, replacing all their prized heirlooms and mementoes with modern equivalents to give them a New Start.
Lasted 23 series, until the TV executive who greenlighted the series had it done to himself in a Christmas Special. Although he sued the New Start team into bankruptcy, to this day, he denies any harm was caused to any of the victims of the previous series....

Shark Tank
Competitors have a series of increasingly difficult challenges culminating each week with the winner spending time in an actual shark tank trying to win a life-changing prize.
The show was never aired after the sharks caused life-changing injuries to two of the competitors.

Celebrity fight club.
Washed out celebrities and wannabe stars compete in various training-related challenges with the two winners having a cage fight as the finale of the show.
Franchised to 35 different countries around the world since it launched in 2012.

I would have loved to see Heil Honey I'm Home greenlit for a full season.
If "Heil Honey I'm Home!" had been greenlit for a full season, it would have certainly been a controversial decision. The show, which was a British sitcom parodying Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun living as an ordinary couple in Berlin, only aired one episode in 1990 before being canceled due to its offensive content and poor reception.

If it had continued for a full season, there would have been several potential consequences:

1. Increased controversy and public backlash: Given the sensitive nature of the subject matter, the show would have likely continued to generate backlash and criticism from various groups, including Holocaust survivors, Jewish communities, and anti-hate speech advocates.
  2. Impact on the creators' and actors' careers: The people involved in the production, including the writers, directors, and actors, could have faced damage to their reputations and potentially struggled to find future work in the industry.
  3. Potential for international incidents: As the show would have likely continued to be controversial, it could have strained diplomatic relations between the United Kingdom and other countries, particularly Israel and Germany.
  4. Possible legal challenges: The show might have faced legal challenges for inciting racial hatred or promoting hate speech. This could have resulted in fines, penalties, or even further restrictions on the show's broadcast.
  5. A negative impact on the television industry: The decision to continue airing the show could have led to discussions about the role of television in society and the responsibility of broadcasters to curate content. This might have resulted in stricter content guidelines or even self-censorship in the industry.
In summary, if "Heil Honey I'm Home!" had been greenlit for a full season, it would have almost certainly led to increased controversy, potential legal issues, and negative consequences for those involved in the show's production. It could have also prompted wider discussions about the limits of free speech in television and the responsibility of broadcasters to balance creative expression with sensitivity towards historical events and the feelings of affected communities.

In summary, if "Heil Honey I'm Home!" had been greenlit for a full season, it would have almost certainly led to increased controversy, potential legal issues, and negative consequences for those involved in the show's production. It could have also prompted wider discussions about the limits of free speech in television and the responsibility of broadcasters to balance creative expression with sensitivity towards historical events and the feelings of affected communities.
I've seen South Park get away with arguably worse.

Deleted member 177304

Naruto (Netflix)

- A live-action adaptation of the popular 2000s Anime, Netflix's Naruto is held up by otakus as THE worst Netflix live-action action Anime adaptation (which is quite a feat). From countless deviantions to source material (The Third Hokage being written out), pointless race and sexuality swaps, (Tsunade is a lesbian and Jiraiya is black, with the actor playing the latter wearing a hideous dread wig), to characters acting completely OOC (Sakura is a generic girlboss in a clumsy attempt to correct her original personality, Sasuke acts more like Izuku Midoriya from My Hero Academia), Netflix's Naruto has all the hallmarks of a bad modern adaptation. Predictably, members of the cast and crew threw a hissy fit on Twitter and several publications wrote pieces on critics of the Netflix's Naruto accusing them of racism and homophobia. This lasted for about two or three weeks until even they couldn't deny how bad Netflix's Naruto was, and it was all swept under rug.

THE KINGFISH

Gone Fishin'
If "Heil Honey I'm Home!" had been greenlit for a full season, it would have certainly been a controversial decision. The show, which was a British sitcom parodying Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun living as an ordinary couple in Berlin, only aired one episode in 1990 before being canceled due to its offensive content and poor reception.

If it had continued for a full season, there would have been several potential consequences:

1. Increased controversy and public backlash: Given the sensitive nature of the subject matter, the show would have likely continued to generate backlash and criticism from various groups, including Holocaust survivors, Jewish communities, and anti-hate speech advocates.
  2. Impact on the creators' and actors' careers: The people involved in the production, including the writers, directors, and actors, could have faced damage to their reputations and potentially struggled to find future work in the industry.
  3. Potential for international incidents: As the show would have likely continued to be controversial, it could have strained diplomatic relations between the United Kingdom and other countries, particularly Israel and Germany.
  4. Possible legal challenges: The show might have faced legal challenges for inciting racial hatred or promoting hate speech. This could have resulted in fines, penalties, or even further restrictions on the show's broadcast.
  5. A negative impact on the television industry: The decision to continue airing the show could have led to discussions about the role of television in society and the responsibility of broadcasters to curate content. This might have resulted in stricter content guidelines or even self-censorship in the industry.
Not to be rude, but was this generated by ChatGPT?
I've seen South Park get away with arguably worse.
I would argue that the early 2000s were a less censor-happy time than 1990, which explains why so many people got upset about depicting Adolf Hitler in a comedic situation.

Then again, The Producers came out in 1967, so I guess it’s a matter of how the material is handled (laughing with victims of the Holocaust, not at victims of the Holocaust).

Is it just me, or does this read eerily like a ChatGPT response? Are we outsourcing our AH?! :)

Jim Henson's big mistake

Sesame Street After Dark. (Two episodes shown on Sky One in 1992 before being cancelled)

What Big Bird does to support him/her self standing on the corner of the street?
Oscar the Grouch dealing drugs from his trash can.
The less said about what Bert and Ernie get up to the better.
Kermit the Cop on the Take.

Not to be rude, but was this generated by ChatGPT?

I would argue that the early 2000s were a less censor-happy time than 1990, which explains why so many people got upset about depicting Adolf Hitler in a comedic situation.

Then again, The Producers came out in 1967, so I guess it’s a matter of how the material is handled (laughing with victims of the Holocaust, not at victims of the Holocaust).

Jinx :)

Neon Genesis Evangelion (4Kids dub)
Oh boyyyyyyyyy.........................
Among the many changes made to the seminal 90s anime by 4Kids was the rearrangement of “A Cruel Angel’s Thesis” into a rap number,
What the??????

Why would they change such thing into a rap number?

How would it be?
the localization of the anime to San Fransisco instead of Tokyo, the censorship of all gore and bodily fluids, and the censorship of sexual fanservice (mostly that of Rei and Misato, for obvious reasons). Also, the dub removes any mentions of there being only 17 angels -
Well, that would obviously have to be edited out.
and the dub is generally a “Monster of the Week” - type show.
You know, given the circumstances that led to Pokemon not being imported to America, I can actually tolerate the monster of the week format at first.
However, the most insulting change of all is that entirely new episodes were made without the permission of Gainax or Hideaki Anno. Due to the depressing and viscerally disturbing nature of the later Evangelion episodes, it was decided that these episodes were unable to be properly censored for American audiences. Therefore, 4Kids contracted animation studio Film Roman - best known for animating Garfield & Friends and The Simpsons - to animate entirely new episodes based on scripts 4Kids staff wrote.
..............................................................................................

They should have gotten another anime. An Americanized series made WITH their permission, understandable, but illegally doing this?

Yeah, no wonder.....................
When the anime premiered on Kids’ WB in 1997, it was initially a huge hit - and became one of the most popular children’s shows on TV.
Well, I mean, for the innocent time being, that's a good thing......
Eyebrows started to be raised when the later episodes featured animation that was slightly more off-model and “Western-looking” in nature, but most didn’t mind.
I would have done the same.
Finally, two Japanese otakus leaked VHS copies of the original Evangelion - specifically the darkest, last two episodes -
Huh?
to nearly every major American news outlet and parental group.
Ohhhhhh crap.............................................
This was when the dub gained huge backlash from everyone - not just fans of the show and anime fans in general, but especially moral guardians.
And when was this? 1998? 1999? Does KidxBox have a plan or any other hit shows?
Creator Hideaki Anno would sue 4Kids for hundreds of millions, in a case that would reach as high as the Supreme Court.
Excellent. Would they pull the show from their lineup? How would the parents, moral guardians and news outlet's reactions be?

I would like to see a few examples of what these reactions will be.
Ultimately, 4Kids was destroyed from the fallout - and were liquidated by 2000.
Great! What will be it's long-term impacts?