I am not sure where, but I heard somewhere that after WWI, there were discussions about annexing Wilsonian Armenia as a US colony, and that there even was some indigenous support for the idea. Is this even possible? And if so, how would it affect the history of the Armenians, the Americans, and the world? How would it make it through the Great Depression, if it still happens?

My thought is that it, for one, basically throws American Isolationism out the window, since now the Americans have this chunk of land that is far distant from America proper that they have to turn into a properly working member of the Union. While I don't see much American immigration to Armenia happening (except, perhaps, some Mormons), I could see a lot of American ways of life seeping into Armenian culture. America will also full-on war the Soviets, possibly even winning now that there is a major reason to fight in the American's minds. In fact, many in American politics might think "well, if we have this territory all the way on the Black Sea, we might as well do something in Mexico/South America."

Minty_Fresh

Banned
This sounds kind of like the idea of annexing Sicily to the US as a territory due to the fact that its economy was totally dependent on the American civil and military presence after WW2 except it makes even less sense. The old guard Republican Party would laugh this out of the building and the Democrats might, like in the case of Santo Domingo and Puerto Rico, express vehement opposition due to the suspect racial character of Armenia.

Wilson basically killed himself trying to get people to buy what he was selling and it still didn't work. This would be way more over the top.

Give Wilsonian Armenia a port, and that may make it a bit more realistic, but right now, it is EXTREMELY ASB.

Boundary_between_Turkey_and_Armenia_as_determined_by_Woodrow_Wilson_1920.jpg

Here's a map! Anyone know how many Armenians would have lived in the western parts of Wilsonian Armenia? I'd guess that most would have perished in the genocide. There'll probably be ethnic conflict between the Armenians, Kurds Laz and Turks.

So there would either have had to been a major change in the electing in of congress and judiciary to FDR levels for there even to be talk of annexing Armenia?

Would the Arm
This sounds kind of like the idea of annexing Sicily to the US as a territory due to the fact that its economy was totally dependent on the American civil and military presence after WW2 except it makes even less sense. The old guard Republican Party would laugh this out of the building and the Democrats might, like in the case of Santo Domingo and Puerto Rico, express vehement opposition due to the suspect racial character of Armenia.

Wilson basically killed himself trying to get people to buy what he was selling and it still didn't work. This would be way more over the top.

Would the Armenians eventually become American citizens with the right to vote ? Would they come to the States ? How would the Bolsheviks in soon-to be Soviet Russia react ?