Triumph of Dixie: A Confederate TL

Stephen's War:
Moderate Confederates were tired of Alexander Stephan's Harsh Laws, Moderates led by General Robert E Lee created the "Freedom Army" The Confederates were now in a Civil War against themselves, One Side led by Robert E Lee, One Side led by Alexander Stephens, While the Freedom Army was initially successful in capturing Austin,Texas in 1869 there control only extended to a few Enclaves in the West and were quickly put-down in 1870 with Robert E Lee Hanged, The Extremist Christian Government remained in Control of the Confederacy,

Election of 1868:
George B McClellan while slightly clearing his name would quickly be beaten by small-time General of the Union army in the Civil War named Ulysses S. Grant, Grant would start his presidency by Condemning the CS quality of Human Rights Calling it "Barbaric" however did not provide weapons or ammunition to the Freedom Rebels in fear of sparking another war between the CS and US, Grant would also cut off all trade with the CS and would accept refugees from the CS

Kentucky, Missouri, and West Virginia NOT being in the USA are ASB unless the CSA has won an overwhelming military victory by 1863 the latest. On the other hand the CSA giving up all of Tennessee, Arkansas, and New Orleans is unlikely as well. By 1864 West Virginia, solidly Unionist Kentucky & Missouri are there. The Appalachian bits of NC, TN, AL might be transferred to the USA as the planters might be happy to get rid of a non-slave, poor white, economically insignificant area. New Orleans, as largest city in CSA and huge transportation hub can't go - though free navigation works.

I still have a lot of plausibility quibbles I could go on about for a while, but honestly, I think the real weakness of this timeline at this point is how short these updates are...this last one wasn't even 200 words. I don't usually keep track of how long updates are on the timelines I like, but I feel like several thousand words would be a much better range to shoot for, to really give people a more vivid understanding of what's going on.

I still have a lot of plausibility quibbles I could go on about for a while, but honestly, I think the real weakness of this timeline at this point is how short these updates are...this last one wasn't even 200 words. I don't usually keep track of how long updates are on the timelines I like, but I feel like several thousand words would be a much better range to shoot for, to really give people a more vivid understanding of what's going on.

Dominion of Southern America says otherwise.

Dominion of Southern America says otherwise.

I've only glanced at that, but it's paced a lot slower than this, which makes the short updates matter less. Where pacing is concerned, this TL may as well be on speed compared to that. Massive events are coming and going in single, super-short posts. Dominion doesn't do that.

I think of ATLs as simulaions of alternate universes, and test their plausibility as how often they occur in the simulation. This way, anything that doesn't involve scientifically incorrect things like aliens or magic is possible. I agree with you on the second point though, I offer to help rewrite some of the posts as soon as I get my new update up on my TL.

Confederate Invasion of Mexico:
Soon after the Freedom Rebels were put down the Confederacy would invade Mexico for its Northern border states with the CS, this would not go well with the US however this would not go well with the US as it was allied with the new Republican Government of Mexico,The US was determined to force the CS into a two-front war and perhaps even take back Missouri and Kentucky on May 2nd 1870 Thousands of US Troops crossed the US-CS Border on the first week of war over 60,000 Americans on both sides had died,However by June the US had taken most of Missouri and the Northern Half of Kentucky However France while not directly involved in the war would provide the CS with Ammunition and Weapons to fight the US and Mexico, This would not stop the US from taking all of Missouri and Kentucky However, in the Southern Front it was going very well for the CS with taking the Mexican State of Chihuahua and Coahuila, in 1872 neither side had a total victory and the Treaty of New York was signed:

The CS would cede the states of Missouri and Kentucky to the US

Mexico would Cede the states of Chihuahua,Coahuila,Sonora,Neuvo Leon,Tamaulipas,and Baja California to the CS

Timeline of Events so for In this Timeline

1864- Treaty of Richmond ending the American Civil War and 1864 US Presidential Election

1865-1867- Unionist Insurgency in Confederate Border States (1866 CS Presidential Election)

1869-1870- Stephen's War

1870-Currently Happening ITL- Confederate Invasion of Mexico (US/Mexico vs CS with French Support)