The Union Forever: A TL

I'm sure Indians are fairly nervous too?
Almost assuredly. Without the IEF influence in the region, they become China's biggest rival. They can't really afford to sit back and let the cards fall where they may, as then China can push into Kashmir and Tibet, effectively leaving India surrounded by technocracy (and Persia.)

I'm sure Indians are fairly nervous too?

Almost assuredly. Without the IEF influence in the region, they become China's biggest rival. They can't really afford to sit back and let the cards fall where they may, as then China can push into Kashmir and Tibet, effectively leaving India surrounded by technocracy (and Persia.)

The Indian Republic is indeed nervous but not as much as the other nations described above. Post war India does not have a big presence on the international stage. It is mostly concerned about the fate of Russia's small monarchical allies and wether they will fall into Persia, or more threatening, China's sphere.

Just a quick check, but was there any sort of population exchange between the former Ottoman nations? Greeks to Greece, Turks to Turkey, etc? I don't remember anything being stated, but either way, there probably was some sort of migration if there wasn't a formal transfer. Without any of the genocides that occurred in OTL, the population in Armenia (and Greece) should be larger. (Although, the Pontic Greeks may have stayed in Armenia and formed their own little autonomous area within)

As it is, the thought of a border renegotiation would likely be little more than a naked land grab, as Armenia should be majority Armenian with Greek, Russian, Georgian, Azeri, Kurd, and Turk minorities. From the sound of it, I would think Turkey would be planning to divide Armenia with the Azeri Republic in order for both to share a land border.

I remember reading about Dream World in St. Louis. Is it more like Disney or Six Flags, or is it in the middle? Also, how many are there and where are they located?

Just a quick check, but was there any sort of population exchange between the former Ottoman nations? Greeks to Greece, Turks to Turkey, etc? I don't remember anything being stated, but either way, there probably was some sort of migration if there wasn't a formal transfer. Without any of the genocides that occurred in OTL, the population in Armenia (and Greece) should be larger. (Although, the Pontic Greeks may have stayed in Armenia and formed their own little autonomous area within)

As it is, the thought of a border renegotiation would likely be little more than a naked land grab, as Armenia should be majority Armenian with Greek, Russian, Georgian, Azeri, Kurd, and Turk minorities. From the sound of it, I would think Turkey would be planning to divide Armenia with the Azeri Republic in order for both to share a land border.

Excellent question. True, I haven't written anything specifically discussing this. While there haven't been any genocides on the scale of OTL's Armenian and Greek Genocides or anything approaching the swiftness of the 1923 population exchanges there has been large scale immigration and emigration since the end of the Great War. By 2000, most but certainly not all, Greeks and Armenians had decided to move to Greece or the IEF. However, Armenia does have a Pontic Greek, and to a lesser extent Turkish, minority that have formed their own smaller communities. Hopes this helps.

I remember reading about Dream World in St. Louis. Is it more like Disney or Six Flags, or is it in the middle? Also, how many are there and where are they located?

I would be happy to elaborate. When the first Dreamworld amusement park opened in St. Louis on May 15, 1959 it more resembled OTL's Disneyland with rides and shows primarily for small kids. Subsequent parks were later opened in Los Angeles, Atlanta, Austin, Jersey City, Halleckville, Tampa, and Panama City. Over the years, more teenage/adult entertainment has been added such as roller-coasters and adventure courses. I would say that if you went to a Dreamworld park in 2000 it would seem to be somewhere in the middle OTL's Disney and Six Flags. Cheers!

Are there any other competitors to Dreamworld like Cedar Fair to Six Flags or Universal to Disney IOTL?

Absolutely, there are a number of other rival amuzement parks in America. The biggest competitor is Wet Willy's a chain of waterparks with more than a dozen locations from Guadeloupe to Guam. There is also Appalachian Adventure near Ashville, NC and Charleston, VA which have a rustic decor and are known for rock walls, rope courses, and hosting Lumberjack games. San Francisco, has a movie industry themed park which resembles OTL's Universal Studios. Naturally, there are a host of smaller amusement parks of mixed quality.

How's the U.S. presidential election of 2000 going? Have any Democrats or challenging Republicans thrown their hat into the ring yet?

Good question. The 2000 presidential election is certainly heating up. President Franklin Blanton is running for a second term but is facing tough opposition with the economy have experienced a double dip recession at home and chaos in Eurasia. The Democratic challenger is likely going to be either Governor Elias Zaal or former Attorney General Bridget Torres.

I think that military strategy, tactics and weapons development may be kickstarted by the Russia Civil War.

Certainly possible. This is easily the biggest conflict since the Asia-Pacific War. I imagine though that all sides are primarily using existing Imperial equipment.

What are main small arms for America, Russia, China and the Commonwealth? An AK design always pops around in TLs sometime.

Excellent question. Give me some time to post specifics but all sides have been using assault rifles for decades. If anyone has any ideas please post or pm me. Cheers!

Weapon Profile: 1872 Winchester Rifle
Hey everyone, starting a series on U.S. Army service rifles since the Civil War. Enjoy!

upload_2016-7-17_9-6-51.png

Name: 1872 Winchester Rifle

Designer: Winchester Armament Company

Type: Lever action repeater

Caliber: .45 in

Feed system: 8 round tube magazine

Adopted: 1874 by United States Army

Notes: In the decade following the Civil War (1861-1863), the United States Army fielded a variety of rifles with the most common being the venerable but antiquated 1861 Springfield Rifled Musket. By the early 1870s, minie ball firing muzzleloaders like the 1861 Springfield had been surpassed by metallic cartridge firing breechloaders such as the United Kingdom’s Snider-Enfield. The War Department during the administration of President John Sedgewick authorized trials to find a new service rifle with the goal of making it standard issue across the army. After considering a number of designs, the U.S. Army’s ordinance department finally decided on a lever action repeater produced by Winchester. Built to military specifications, the 1872 Winchester Rifle was chambered to fire a .45 inch cartridge and given a bayonet mount. A shorter bayonet-less carbine was also designed for cavalry use. While some complained of feeding problems, the rifle’s eight round tube magazine gave it a significantly higher rate of fire than the single shot bolt action rifles used by most militaries at the time. This high rate of rife coupled with the smoke producing gunpowder used at the time gave the rifle its nickname "Old Smokey." During the Spanish-American War (1877-1878), the 1872 Winchester performed admirably though its shorter range compared to the Spaniards’ rifles, which were based off of Prussia’s Dreyse-Mauser Gewehr Model 1873, forced the Americans to favor aggressive tactics that quickly closed the distance with the enemy. With only a small number of upgrades, the 1872 Winchester would serve the country well until the end of the century.

Last edited: