The Union Forever: A TL

Why would Poland be lost if the Germans were fully on board with helping the IEF in case a civil war occurs? Would they not oppose an independent Poland?
There are a lot of ethnic Poles in eastern Prussia. Germany would likely not want to antagonize them by helping a heavy handed response on IEF Poland. Also, the Russians get nothing by trying to hold on to their chunk of Poland. I could see the Motherland leadership cutting it off to hold on to more desirable territories and send more resources against the Technate

There are a lot of ethnic Poles in eastern Prussia. Germany would likely not want to antagonize them by helping a heavy handed response on IEF Poland. Also, the Russians get nothing by trying to hold on to their chunk of Poland. I could see the Motherland leadership cutting it off to hold on to more desirable territories and send more resources against the Technate
I could see perhaps IEF Poland being given independence in exchange for guarantees it will stay allied with Germany and/or Russia and kept a monarchial form of government.

Germany might not want to see their Poles inspired by the success of IEF Poles gaining independence either though (see Turkey and Kurds).

Also, if the Technate invades pretty sure the US won't stand for that.

It might depend invade China before or after US presidential election. If Blanton loses election for Democrat candidate and invasion is after election might be that USA not invade. Democrats not be so anti-Technocrats than Republicans. And generally they seems being lesser hawkish.

Following this. Meant to do it earlier but my godamn verification e-mail wouldn't show up on my inbox:angry:

I just have one question to make. I understand it might have been answered already since I'm late to the party, but what is the Orthodox Council like? Is it some sort of Tsarist, religion-based Warsaw Pact or a looser kind of union?

So, we will finally get a US-Chinese war. In 2000. With no MAD doctrine and conventional warfare rampant.

This is not going to end well.

So, we will finally get a US-Chinese war. In 2000. With no MAD doctrine and conventional warfare rampant.

It would be Second Great War. Or would it call as Second Great War when previous one is 90 years time?

Oh damn. It looks like unless the IEF liberalizes very quickly, it's fucked.

giphy.gif

It noticed there is no Malaysia, there is Brunei, Sarawak and Mainland Malaysia.

Also, I can't tell if East Timor exists or not. The colour is too close.

East Timor, if I remember correctly, is independent, but the Portuguese king is the official head of state.

Yes, OTL's Malaysia is ITTL divided between the Union of Malaya (includes Singapore), Kingdom of Sarawak, and the Sultanate of Brunei. Like SuperFrong said, East Timor is independent but retains the Portuguese monarch.

what happened with northern ireland?.....tis alot smaller than usual

It was just divided that way when Ireland became dominio. I don't know why.

Yes, ITTL Northern Ireland is smaller as it only contained the majority protestant areas after Ireland became a dominion in 1919. This has had the side effect of making Northern Ireland more stable (less of an agitated Catholic minority) and has put pressure on Ireland to remain inside the British Commonwealth (Protestants in Ireland want to keep the connection with the UK). I'm not sure on what the actual border would look like but somebody feel free to make a map.

The IEF is going to explode fairly soon. The Motherland party is looking quite Putinist with the recent developments, and the nationalistic impulses of the various ethnic groups are only getting stronger. I would bet that the Technate of China is deliberately stoking violence within the IEF. When civil war erupts, they invade and get Siberia and Manchuria while the Imperial forces are too distracted in Poland, Finland, and the other western holdings.

The IEF is not necessarily doomed. It can survive.

Hopefully we don't see a global war over this (would it be round 3? I suppose the bit in Asia wasn't exactly a world war, but close enough).

IEF might survive but it will not be easy. Probably best way firstly would be that empress calls election.

Didn't say it wouldn't survive, but it'll lose Poland for sure, and probably some of the Caucasus and Central Asian areas. Plus, Manchuria and a huge chunk of Siberia if the Technate invades as I think it will. In that case I think the Germans and their allies will come to Russia's aid.

Why would Poland be lost if the Germans were fully on board with helping the IEF in case a civil war occurs? Would they not oppose an independent Poland?

I agree with Manchuria and I could see them trying to take tuva, Mongolia, Xinjiang in the chaos as they're historically Chinese, but why Siberia? is full of Russians and is a cold wasteland.

Resources. It's filled with oil and mineral wealth that the Technate lacks.

Who says they are keeping those areas? They look likely to be the big enemy of the next world war anyways.

I could see perhaps IEF Poland being given independence in exchange for guarantees it will stay allied with Germany and/or Russia and kept a monarchial form of government.

Germany might not want to see their Poles inspired by the success of IEF Poles gaining independence either though (see Turkey and Kurds).

They'd probably be Germanized by now, but sympathetic to the plight of the Poles in the IEF as Irish in the US were to the IRA.

Glorious Technocracy in imperial scum soon?

Great comments everyone. Keep it coming. We should remember that both the IEF and the Technocratic Union has nuclear weapons. I doubt that China would want to invade Manchuria while it is still part of the IEF if it wants to avoid a nuclear exchange.

Also, if the Technate invades pretty sure the US won't stand for that.

It might depend invade China before or after US presidential election. If Blanton loses election for Democrat candidate and invasion is after election might be that USA not invade. Democrats not be so anti-Technocrats than Republicans. And generally they seems being lesser hawkish.

It would be Second Great War. Or would it call as Second Great War when previous one is 90 years time?

Why not call it the Sino-American War? Someone play with devil's advocate here...

The United States is definitely worried about Technocratic expansion. However they aren't thrilled about the IEF's war in Manchuria either. While the American government hasn't called on Russia to grant independence to Manchuria and doesn't want it to see it fall to China, going to war over it would probably be a stretch for the American public not to mention the Democratic controlled Congress.

Following this. Meant to do it earlier but my godamn verification e-mail wouldn't show up on my inbox:angry:

I just have one question to make. I understand it might have been answered already since I'm late to the party, but what is the Orthodox Council like? Is it some sort of Tsarist, religion-based Warsaw Pact or a looser kind of union?

On paper the Orthodox Council is a political/economical/cultural forum in which all nations have an equal say. In reality the IEF uses the Orthodox Council to prop up friendly regimes in Serbia, Greece, Bulgaria, and Romania and secure its influence over said nations. The IEF has military alliances will all member countries. The IEF has other allies/puppets like Tuva, Mongolia, Uighurstan, etc., but these nations are not members of the Orthodox Council.

Governmental and Freedom Index Maps: 2000
Government types and freedom index at the dawn of the twenty-first century, courtesy Harper's Weekly. Note that this information was compiled before the recent events in the IEF.

2000 government types and freedom index.png

Last edited: