The Legacy of the Glorious (Milarqui's Cut)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a misunderstanding due to ideology and politics. Aleksandr will be Prime Minister while his brother will be the first leader of Soviet Siberia!
BTW, I apologize for the confusion. :)
If you check the story of Lenin, the reason he got into radical politics was because his brother was hanged. If you take out the reasons behind it, then it's not going to happen.

If you check the story of Lenin, the reason he got into radical politics was because his brother was hanged. If you take out the reasons behind it, then it's not going to happen.
So, who will be the leader of the Communist Movement who will exile himself to Siberia?

So, who will be the leader of the Communist Movement who will exile himself to Siberia?
Why do you insist on this? You continue to ask about that as if it were a fait accompli that the leader of the Communist Movement, if it ends up existing as it is in RL, will end up in Siberia.

Glad I could give you an idea on the TL.

How is Corsica doing as an independent state? I imagine France has an embargo against them. Is their economy strong, what about their military? Does the Bonaparte regime remain popular with the masses? What style of ruler is King Napoleon shaping into?

It occurs to me the desire for a piece of Africa could go beyond the desire for prestige abroad to demonstrate to the Corsican people the kingdom is strong and possibly help their economy.

Glad I could give you an idea on the TL.

How is Corsica doing as an independent state? I imagine France has an embargo against them. Is their economy strong, what about their military? Does the Bonaparte regime remain popular with the masses? What style of ruler is King Napoleon shaping into?

It occurs to me the desire for a piece of Africa could go beyond the desire for prestige abroad to demonstrate to the Corsican people the kingdom is strong and possibly help their economy.

Given the local geography (both France and Italy want to absorb it) and the unlikelihood of British help, I'd expect Corsica to turn its eye to Spain. Commerce should certainly head that way; that, plus a couple decades passing after the Hohenzollern's War should help warm up Spanish-Corsican relationships. Corsica needs friends. Especially friends who aren't France's friends. IMHO.

The next week, the plans were released to the public, and appeared in every newspaper: in order to better organize the archipelago, the Philippines were to be divided in three Foral Regions: Hilaga, formed by Luzón and Palawan; Kabisayan, formed by the Visayas, and Habagatan, formed by Mindanao and the old Sultanate of Sulu [1]. The arrival of the news was received with great joy by the Filipino people, as they would finally be able to decide on their local matters without having to wait for Madrid or the governor to tell them so.

I wonder if at some point in the future, the Habagatan Foral Region will have to be divided in two, given both its larger population in relation to the rest of the Philippines and cultural differences between Mindanao and Sulu.

Given the local geography (both France and Italy want to absorb it) and the unlikelihood of British help, I'd expect Corsica to turn its eye to Spain. Commerce should certainly head that way; that, plus a couple decades passing after the Hohenzollern's War should help warm up Spanish-Corsican relationships. Corsica needs friends. Especially friends who aren't France's friends. IMHO.

Looking again at the map, something strikes me: a sea trade route between Ajaccio and Barcelona. Or, perhaps, Mataró? Will both cities fight over it? People from Tortosa will certainly watch this with interest. :-D

Given the local geography (both France and Italy want to absorb it)

I got a crazy idea:cool:, what about an independent Italy unified with Corsica and ruled by the Bonaparte House. Let's say the Corsican heir marries a daughter of the king of Italy and by some death their child becomes the ruler of Italy and Corsica, and he reintegrates Corsica to Italy. Just imagine, a Bonaparte Italy ;):D

@Herr Frage: as you can imagine, Corsica does not excel for its great economy. They do, however, have enough to get by, and they use their natural resources quite a lot. The Bonapartes are still popular, and Napoleon IV is quite popular due to his work to help the nation prosper, and, although he has power, he uses it sparingly. And yes, taking over northern Tunisia might help a lot.

@mfarah: Corsica is quite likely to find friendship with Spain and Germany, Italy may also be interesting to talk with, as the Corsicans can try to pit them against each other.
About Habagatan, it is a possibility.
Sea trade route... it is an interesting idea. Barcelona-Ajaccio-Genoa would be an interesting route.
Switzerland, they are mostly going the same way as in RL.

@Metacomet: doubtful. The current king has three sons (Umberto, Amedeo and Oddone), his two daughters are already married, and Umberto and Amedeo already have sons as well. It would have to be quite a massacre for a woman to inherit the throne of Italy. Still an interesting idea, though.

@Metacomet: doubtful. The current king has three sons (Umberto, Amedeo and Oddone), his two daughters are already married, and Umberto and Amedeo already have sons as well. It would have to be quite a massacre for a woman to inherit the throne of Italy. Still an interesting idea, though.

A huge massacrebut that is why anarquists and other revolutionaries are for.;) if you do not like the idea, you can plan something for the next generation.:eek:

I sensed that there's an earlier demographic boom in Madrid and the surrounding province, because I think the Meseta region industrialized early in this TL

....Is Milarqui too busy?
Yes. He is VERY busy. :(:(

I recently started to work full time, and I am also doing some studying on the side, so my free time to work on this is quite limited. The next chapter is still advancing, slowly, though, and I already have 3 parts out of the 7-8 it will consist of.

Also, I have been thinking, and I figured out that there is no actual need for a Spanish-Moroccan War to begin in 1895, as I had initially planned. There might be one at a later point in time, but I figure that it is still quite possible for something actually happening on a better time (not to mention, 1895 is too near to the Portuguese Civil War and it would make my TL too similar to Tocomocho's original one).

Hope that's good enough to know what's going on at my side of the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.