Which style should be predominant?

• Total voters
So to distract ya’ll from the doomsday speculating regarding the upcoming stuff that’s about to go down in Africa, I’ve wondered about something quite unimportant but still interesting (to me at least): what type of music do you guys think that people within the Linz Pakt would listen to. Probably they would be allowed to only listen to stuff like classical music, “non-subversive” pop songs, old folk songs and boring nationalistic military anthems but maybe, just like iotl within the european communist world, they would secretly listen to rock and jazz.
Ride of the Valkyries on repeat and idk what else Nazis liked musically lmao

Deleted member 191087

Ride of the Valkyries on repeat and idk what else Nazis liked musically lmao
Imagine having to listen to only that for a several hours long road trip within Germany, if I was that fella I would’ve been tempted to intentionally crash the car almost lol.

On another note, I know this is basically like having a bandaid put on a detached severed arm but I guess at least the French would have their Edith Piafs and Charles Trenets, the Italians their Pavarotti and the Greeks their Maria Callas.

Last edited by a moderator:
And we are gonna have a local Fascist movement alright. There is already one in charge of Japan (might depend on your definition of Fascism and it's relationship to an Absolute Monarch) and you might keep a closer look on the Western Hemisphere.
Castro is gonna take over Cuba and it will turn into a fascist ally of Germany 100%. GALICIAN PRIDE WORLD WIDE!!!

So to distract ya’ll from the doomsday speculating regarding the upcoming stuff that’s about to go down in Africa, I’ve wondered about something quite unimportant but still interesting (to me at least): what type of music do you guys think that people within the Linz Pakt would listen to. Probably they would be allowed to only listen to stuff like classical music, “non-subversive” pop songs, old folk songs and boring nationalistic military anthems but maybe, just like iotl within the european communist world, they would secretly listen to rock and jazz.

Well, the UK is still out there, so perhaps the Beatles could still popped around in this TL. I have no doubt that the Nazis under Goebbels will have an even more negative reaction to them than even the Soviet Union IOTL.

Deleted member 191087

Well, the UK is still out there, so perhaps the Beatles could still popped around in this TL. I have no doubt that the Nazis under Goebbels will have an even more negative reaction to them than even the Soviet Union IOTL.
Now I’m getting the image of Goebbels wanting to form together a government created and sponsored German equivalent to the Beatles out of pure childish jealousy lol. Honestly, wouldn’t be so shocked if the Nazis ever try that in the future.

Imagine having to listen to only that for a several hours long road trip within Germany, if I was that fella I would’ve been tempted to intentionally crash car almost lol.

On another note, I know this is basically like having a bandaid put on a detached severed arm but I guess at least the French would have their Edith Piafs and Charles Trenets, the Italians their Pavarotti and the Greeks their Maria Callas.
Tempted? After the 156th dun-dun-dun-duuun ba ba ba ba, bumbumbumbum I'd be seeing how fast this Volkswagen goes

What did the Nazis think of Rock to begin with?
The Nazis were gone before Rock as we know it would really form in the 50s but suffice to say they would’ve definitely positively loathed it.
They considered both jazz and blues "negro music" if Im not mistaken
So in their view this kind of thing would represent racial degradation and a cultural taint that they ought to purge, as well as seeing its rebelliousness and teenage vibe as inherently degenerated and lesa patria
Now I’m getting the image of Goebbels wanting to form together a government created and sponsored German equivalent to the Beatles out of pure childish jealousy lol. Honestly, wouldn’t be so shocked if the Nazis ever try that in the future.
Honestly in character
Nazis were never above hipocrisy and while Hitler would be spinning on his grave Goebbels certainly would see the propagandistic advantage of that
At least once he's done destroying everything good with the Angriff

So are Doc Martens associated with any particular group socially/politically ITTL or are the pro-Nazi groups in the West entirely extirpated? (What I mean is, what kinda shoes are the Neo-Nazis wearing if they are around in another way)

Deleted member 191087

One more thing I’d like to ask wonder before I go away again: how do you guys think relations between German-Americans and Jewish, Slavic, French, Dutch, Belgian, Scandinavian and Swiss Americans are like? I can see it being probably more very frosty and stuff, not like near riots level between them but definitely not really good either…

One more thing I’d like to ask wonder before I go away again: how do you guys think relations between German-Americans and Jewish, Slavic, French, Dutch, Belgian, Scandinavian and Swiss Americans are like? I can see it being probably more very frosty and stuff, not like near riots level between them but definitely not really good either…
German-Americans are probably assimilating as much as possible to avoid being accused of dumb shit by idiots, but I could see cultural organizations (like a non-evil German Amerika Bund but for like Oktoberfest organizers and stuff lol) to maintain a German identity that isn't automatically stereotyped to Maoist Nazis lol

I doubt many Americans of German descent support the Nazis. Most German immigrants to the U.S. arrived in the 19th Century, which means that their families will have been in the U.S. for three or more generations and will have intermarried with other European groups to a large extent. Any Germans that immigrate to the U.S. during the scope of this TL do so to escape the Nazi regime. As @Pax_Nihil said, most German descendants in the U.S. (and other countries like Canada and Australia) would distance themselves from the Nazis as much as possible

I’m wondering if the Nazis under Gobbles think about the Proto Indo Europeans and if they view them as the og Aryans under Gobbles. I’m also interested to see if what they think of the Proto Indo European sky father and if the nazis would try to synchronize the god of positive Christianity with him.
Goebbels has no interest in going further against Christianity now that he pacified the Catholic Church (at least in name) and he himself was raised a Catholic, he won't push for some odd neo paganism.

How has Anne Frank been doing since the first Levantine war? I can't remember if she has been mentioned since.
Living in Israel, she likely fought in the Suez War and the 12-day war too. She won't become a Prime Minister or anything, but at least she isn't going to be a vulnerable teenager at the hands of Nazis.

On an unrelated note, what happened to the British war cemeteries in Belgium ITTL?

I suspect Hitler and Hess left them alone but Goebbels doesn’t seem the like the sort to flirt with the Brits for a détente.
Will be covered in the chapter about the Nazi Revolution.

Depends on who's the Führer, under Hitler and Hess you just have classical music playing 24/7 until the Germans were driven so mad they were willing to go through a nuclear war just to put an end to their misery. Hitler, because he loved classics, and Hess is because under him Germany was in a collective state of denial over Hitler dying.

Imagine having to listen to only that for a several hours long road trip within Germany, if I was that fella I would’ve been tempted to intentionally crash the car almost lol.

So long as we have Pavarotti, I can bear Fascism. But if Farinacci goes against Italian music then you might aswell ban pasta.

It will be covered, but Goebbels understands far better than Hitler and Hess did that you need to provide good entertainment to the people. Of course, they won't call it Rock and will still call it a degenerate style, but there will be a "Volkish Rock" of sorts.

Are both going to be covered in one chapter or separately again? If the latter, then go with South Africa first since you’ve done more progress with that.
Depends how much has to be written, the two chapters can, in theory, be merged together due to the similar style.

"Hamburger? You mean Freedom Steaks, right? Nein, no German here, we are all pure race Amerikaners! All pure Germanic Anglo-Saxon blood! Heil H- I mean, Hail to the Chief!"

-Joe Smith (Formerly Heinz Müller), upon being questioned by the CIA, c. 1955.

Deleted member 191087

So long as we have Pavarotti, I can bear Fascism. But if Farinacci goes against Italian music then you might aswell ban pasta.
Although it’s good thing that Pavarotti may be unharmed, it’s also made me think of a cursed possibility of him performing for Italian troops while they may commit horrible crimes against humanity in Ethiopia, not that the poor guy would have any say in it of course.

It will be covered, but Goebbels understands far better than Hitler and Hess did that you need to provide good entertainment to the people. Of course, they won't call it Rock and will still call it a degenerate style, but there will be a "Volkish Rock" of sorts.
Holy shit, early Nazi Rammstein confirmed?!?11🤯🤯

German-Americans are probably assimilating as much as possible to avoid being accused of dumb shit by idiots, but I could see cultural organizations (like a non-evil German Amerika Bund but for like Oktoberfest organizers and stuff lol) to maintain a German identity that isn't automatically stereotyped to Maoist Nazis lol
Well good, some people have to make sure that the German diaspora aren’t tainted by what crazy moustache man did and his equally insane fanboys are up to lol
I doubt many Americans of German descent support the Nazis. Most German immigrants to the U.S. arrived in the 19th Century, which means that their families will have been in the U.S. for three or more generations and will have intermarried with other European groups to a large extent. Any Germans that immigrate to the U.S. during the scope of this TL do so to escape the Nazi regime. As @Pax_Nihil said, most German descendants in the U.S. (and other countries like Canada and Australia) would distance themselves from the Nazis as much as possible
Obviously German Americans don’t support the Nazis, my point was just that there still might be some awkward tension between them and the other non-WASP American communities that I mentioned. Is it rational? No, but it’s human nature to not be rational first.

Last edited by a moderator: