The HEART Development and Core Thread

For now I will spectate the project, I just wanted to know what is the color scheme in use?
There is no official color scheme which is used. Some patches are made without color, and I believe @JG_Online has colors in mind for quite some countries, but for most of the smaller countries in Oceania I just chose a color myself. Just check in that case if the color is unique and does not look too much like the color of a country in the neighbourhood. Autonomous regions and dependendies have some additional color rules.

not currently I would only be able to do so in January since I'm on my Dad's house currently
Please don't feel pressured to help in that case, it is important this map is made right, rather than fast for me

There is quite a bit of map already finished now so if you are unsure about stuff like drawing coastlines it might be better for you to fill in second levels or add in some of the rivers I missed in my patches, I am skipping these for most areas bc I don't deem them immediatly significant but some ppl might value having them on their maps

For now I will spectate the project, I just wanted to know what is the color scheme in use?
I am using my personal colour scheme

Patch for today:

Wyoming finished (USA)
Utah (USA)
Nevada (USA)
& some rivers and municipalities are fixed/updated

Finally, west part of USA is done

NA_TRANSPARENT.png

New update: Papua province (Indonesia)
1703334261674.png

For the regency borders (2nd level) I used Wikipedia images as a source. But many of these borders were somewhat changed last year, and there are some conflicts between different sources, which makes it difficult to know if I draw them correctly. The borders on this patch might need a revisit in the future, for that reason. I am also thinking to skip the 2nd level borders for now, in the remainder of Papua.

Last edited:
HEART styling guide
I am going to make a little map key since alot of ppl seem interested in helping and have been asking about the exact "style" to draw HEART patches in

Seasonal/dry lakes:
outlines are used to show lakes that only exist at times of the year, salt plains or lakes that no longer exist
1703338007867.png
1703338050927.png

Red borders:
Red borders are used to denominate frontlines in interstate conflicts and seccesionist wars to show the border is the facto and at least one of the sides of that border does not recognize it, in case of these the claimed territories can also be shown using a 1 pixel wide line
1703338124651.png
1703338211732.png

Civil wars:
Civil wars do not use red lines
1703338466372.png

Reefs:
Reefs can be shown using a dark blue purple, Reef colour is used specifically for coral reefs
1703338290619.png

Glaciers:
Glaciers can also be shown using their own colour, I keep them in a separate layer though and turn them off for most patches because most ppl probably would rather see the borders
1703338745386.png

Rivers and canals:
Rivers are shown if they are one pixel wide paths on the map, some broder rivers such as the amazon can be shown using the normal black water v land border, canals have their own colours
1703338353472.png

I will edit this post with further clarifications if people have any questions :)

Last edited:
I could have a look at it when I am finished with Papua.

Having a short break from Papua: I finished the Caribbean islands with reefs:
- Spanish Virgin Islands (Puerto Rico)
- US Virgin Islands
- British Virgin Islands
- Anguilla
- St Barthélemy
- St Kitts and Nevis
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Montserrat
- Guadeloupe
- Dominica
- Martinique
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Grenada
- Barbados
- Tobago
- Federal Dependencies (Venezuela)
1703350428878.png

- Bermuda
1703350669430.png

I finished the Caribbean islands with reefs:
Excellent! Several new nations are thus on the map.
Maybe, you could expand this and check/progress on Puerto Rico, Cuba, Hispaniola etc. - or are they already done and just need revising?

Or you could travel across the Atlantic into Cape Verde and then western Africa (a region rather safe from jagged coastlines and lakes)?

Excellent! Several new nations are thus on the map.
Maybe, you could expand this and check/progress on Puerto Rico, Cuba, Hispaniola etc. - or are they already done and just need revising?

Or you could travel across the Atlantic into Cape Verde and then western Africa (a region rather safe from jagged coastlines and lakes)?
I will first return to my original planning with Papua, the Indian Ocean, Australia and New Zealand. When I am finished with those, I will see what else I could do.

Patch #39

I really hope this is the worst part behind me haha

Added Murmansk Oblast
Added the Republic of Karelia
Added Chechnya
Added Ingushetia
Added North Ossetia

1703348356811.png

1703352694732.png

I am going to make a little map key since alot of ppl seem interested in helping and have been asking about the exact "style" to draw HEART patches in

Seasonal/dry lakes:
outlines are used to show lakes that only exist at times of the year, salt plains or lakes that no longer exist
View attachment 876999View attachment 877000

Red borders:
Red borders are used to denominate frontlines in interstate conflicts and seccesionist wars to show the border is the facto and at least one of the sides of that border does not recognize it, in case of these the claimed territories can also be shown using a 1 pixel wide line
View attachment 877001View attachment 877002

Civil wars:
Civil wars do not use red lines
View attachment 877005

Reefs:
Reefs can be shown using a dark blue purple, Reef colour is used specifically for coral reefs
View attachment 877003

Glaciers:
Glaciers can also be shown using their own colour, I keep them in a separate layer though and turn them off for most patches because most ppl probably would rather see the borders
View attachment 877008

Rivers and canals:
Rivers are shown if they are one pixel wide paths on the map, some broder rivers such as the amazon can be shown using the normal black water v land border, canals have their own colours
View attachment 877004

I will edit this post with further clarifications if people have any questions :)
I guess you should threadmark this for future reference.

This map was agonizing to make.
Trace, cross-check, trace, cross-check, fill, trace, cross-check, fill, trace again, and again, and again. For five hours straight.
But the result? So worth it. The new map of Turkey for HEART.
1703368395094.png