saddam 'found' by the mob

What if saddam had been 'found' by the mob and hung from the nearest lamp post rather than caught and brought to trial?

Would anyone care?

PMN1 said:
What if saddam had been 'found' by the mob and hung from the nearest lamp post rather than caught and brought to trial?

Would anyone care?

People would probably say that he should have been tries, but nobody would exactly cry over his body either.

Mike Stearns said:
People would probably say that he should have been tries, but nobody would exactly cry over his body either.
One wonders what impact it would have on the insurgency.

'on the would anyone care idea, most average americans, britons and probably europeans would say he deserved it. the fact that he was killed by Iraqi mob would be used as proof that he was a hated dictator.

i'd say some liberals somewhere would say he wasnt given a fair trial. prehaps thered be protests or something.

birdie said:
'on the would anyone care idea, most average americans, britons and probably europeans would say he deserved it. the fact that he was killed by Iraqi mob would be used as proof that he was a hated dictator.

i'd say some liberals somewhere would say he wasnt given a fair trial. prehaps thered be protests or something.

:rolleyes:

Liberals would have liked a trial, sure. Even the worst criminals have basic human rights. of course, the liberals would want him in the jail forever too. You'd be surprised if you think that they would go easy on him...

Imajin said:
What kind of Mob are we talking about? Gangsters in black suits, or a mob of angry Iraqis?

Mob, an angry crowd, not mobsters. XD

I had a fun image of arabic godfathers... 'I am Don Muhamed of the Cosa Qaida'. :D

Probably no difference. Maybe Al-Queda makes him into a martyr with his death, accusing his killers of being traitors to Islam, but I don't see how that would have any huge effect...

@birdie: Of course he wasn't given a fair trial. He was killed before he could be punished for his crimes in front of the eyes of the world. But just because we're libs doesn't mean we'd complain that he's gone. :rolleyes:

thats not what the libs would be saying, they would be saying that US soliders put them up to it and forced them to kill sadam, then would start hounding on the millitrary to find them and bring them back for a trial in civy court

marl_d said:
thats not what the libs would be saying, they would be saying that US soliders put them up to it and forced them to kill sadam, then would start hounding on the millitrary to find them and bring them back for a trial in civy court
Really... I actually don't see that as too likely.

The apologist left say it was CIA/NSA/MI6/MIB dressed up like a muslim mob to provide an october surprise. The story is circulated throughout the middle east making him a martyr to Islam.

pisces74 said:
The apologist left say it was CIA/NSA/MI6/MIB dressed up like a muslim mob to provide an october surprise. The story is circulated throughout the middle east making him a martyr to Islam.

The liberals-bashing often used in lieu of real alternate history on that website is really anboying.

You know, if you remove the conspirationist edge, some things that the 'cowardly left' may make often sense. Like the fact that Sadam had nothing to do wwith Al-Qaida directly and the thing was an excuse to invade Irak and 'liberate'.

Ever thought about it, conservatives? Don't liisten to just Limbaugh and cie. Think by yourselves for once. Criticism of governement =/= cowardice or treason.

End of teh political rant, and back to ATL.

Given the strange bedfellows that history has often provided is it such a stretch that there *may* have been some collusion. I'm not saying that there was, but its not outside the realm of possibility.

Secondly while not all liberals are apologists, nearly all apologists are liberals.

just like while not all muslims are suicide bombers, nearly all suicide bombers are muslim.

pisces74 said:
Given the strange bedfellows that history has often provided is it such a stretch that there *may* have been some collusion. I'm not saying that there was, but its not outside the realm of possibility.

Secondly while not all liberals are apologists, nearly all apologists are liberals.

just like while not all muslims are suicide bombers, nearly all suicide bombers are muslim.

Hum, I have found a LOT of nationalist apologists, outside of USA, at least peoples wgo could side for the islamists and baathists in this case. Plus surely many libertarians.

But the liberals=apologists is ridiculous. Radicals liberals are against BOTH imperialistic USA and the insurgents. Do you know why? Because, like a foolish friend that I have said it; 'America pose the greater threat'. Islamists and other terrorists can't invade a country and rule, jam their market, cause teleguided political troubles, etc... Frankly, 9/11 was an overblown thing, excuse this frank brutalness. This just a papercut to America, compared to what the Second Irakian War is doing to Irak.

I disagree with his choice of teh lesser evil, but you can certainly see their point.

I think suicide bombing as a major techniqe was started by Tamil Tigers, who are mostly Hindu.

A lot of people would wonder if Saddam were killed without a trial whether it related to a desire by people like Rumsfeld not to give the Bagdad Butcher a chance to talk about old friends,

Some suspect that the narrowness of the initial charges against Saddam may be influenced by the same.

By the way, would Saddam being strung up Mussolini-style be a pretty good way to start off a bloodbath among Iraq's Shi'ite population? After all, they'd be pretty happy to see him go, and I can imagine the Ba'athist insurgents being particularly eager to vent their displeasure on a handy religious enemy.