Hi, I would like one or both of the following:
  • A Union Jack red ensign defaced with the Northwest Territories' coat of arms; and
  • A Union Jack blue ensign defaced with the Northern Territory's coat of arms.
Thanks!

"Northwest Territories" are part of Canada and "Northern Territory" is Part of Australia. Is that what you meant or is one a typo ?

Yes, there's no typo. I changed the original request to be clearer. Thanks
here you go

alt-ca-NWT.png

alt-au-NT.png

Could I ask for a British blue or red ensign (whichever you think is best) with the following shield:

1st quarter with the top half of this shield (in the same look, impaled), 3rd quarter with the lower half of this shield (likewise) (Flag is that of the Union of South Africa OTL until 1928. The quarters of the shield are the Cape, Natal, Transvaal and Orange respectively)
Flag of Union of South Africa (1912–1940) (1947-1970).png
2nd quarter with the shield from this flag (aka: OTL South West Africa arms 1963-1980)
Flag of Province of Southwest Africa in UoSA (1918–1925)(1947-1969) State of Southwest Africa ...png
4th quarter with this shield (inspired by the coat of arms of Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland, which used rising sun from Nyasaland, red lion from South Rhodesia and black white lines from North Rhodesia. Here I have taken eagle and fish from North Rhodesia, red lion from South Rhodesia and bull's head from Botswana)
Flag of Central African Federation in Federation of Southern Africa (1925-1947).png

And another version where Orange and Transvaal are not in the flag and instead the Cape covers the 1st quarter fully while Natal covers the 3rd.

Edit: If you have an idea and are willing to do it then something that gives equal representation to Rhodesias, Botswana and South African Provinces rather than giving precedence to the South Africans I would be glad to see it but not sure how that could be done without simply having a shield with 8 divisions (either that or 3 divisions, making South Africa equal to Botswana + Rhodesias). Rather than combining shields coming up with an unifying symbol (maybe shield that shows something other than combination of composite parts) could be nice too but not sure what could work. Southern Cross is already in use in Australia and New Zealand after all.

Last edited:
Could I request a coat of arms for this?

The flag of Briswall - a alternate country in the UK, based in South-West England. I would like the Wessex dragon along with the Bristol CoA's? Alternatively could it be possible to put every single county flag into the middle. I'll put what the flags will need to be into. It's above..
3.png
South-West England (Briswall).png

Can someone create a coat of arms, combining the elements of the coat of arms of Salamanca (the lower left) and Ávila (excluding the letters surrounding the fort)? The said arms should be parted per pale (halved vertically).

Here's the references itself:
900px-Escudo_her%C3%A1ldico_de_Salamanca.svg.png

(Salamanca)

900px-Escudo_de_%C3%81vila.svg.png

(Ávila)

Last edited:
Could I ask for a British blue or red ensign (whichever you think is best) with the following shield:

1st quarter with the top half of this shield (in the same look, impaled), 3rd quarter with the lower half of this shield (likewise) (Flag is that of the Union of South Africa OTL until 1928. The quarters of the shield are the Cape, Natal, Transvaal and Orange respectively)
View attachment 631422
2nd quarter with the shield from this flag (aka: OTL South West Africa arms 1963-1980)
View attachment 631419
4th quarter with this shield (inspired by the coat of arms of Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland, which used rising sun from Nyasaland, red lion from South Rhodesia and black white lines from North Rhodesia. Here I have taken eagle and fish from North Rhodesia, red lion from South Rhodesia and bull's head from Botswana)
View attachment 631424

And another version where Orange and Transvaal are not in the flag and instead the Cape covers the 1st quarter fully while Natal covers the 3rd.

Edit: If you have an idea and are willing to do it then something that gives equal representation to Rhodesias, Botswana and South African Provinces rather than giving precedence to the South Africans I would be glad to see it but not sure how that could be done without simply having a shield with 8 divisions (either that or 3 divisions, making South Africa equal to Botswana + Rhodesias). Rather than combining shields coming up with an unifying symbol (maybe shield that shows something other than combination of composite parts) could be nice too but not sure what could work. Southern Cross is already in use in Australia and New Zealand after all.
Give me a few days and I can do the two flags for you. I'll have a think about any other symbolism which could represent all the regions without just combining the various shields, but like you say it's not easy.

The first one is the CoA of the Kingdom of Portugal under Murat: https://pin.it/3A4NSkE

The arms of the House of Stenkil: https://pin.it/7CbSZ1I

This is the helm but in grey instead of golden:
BC88DD1A-44B2-4203-B1CB-ACBEA55EDDD1.png

Three of this, the crest at dexter is a lion rampant Or, the middle one a Latin Cross sable and the third one horns of azure with Or pallets.

The arms of Neuburg-Medici house which are the arms of Johan Wilhelm as Elector Palatine impaled with the arms of Tuscany under the Medici.

12B88A29-D655-4A31-8C00-1036B7412157.png

AD33952D-BD49-4DCB-B638-7EECC2FF282C.jpeg

The arms of the Medici impaled with those of the Neuburg Palatine electors without the inestucheon, two helms, the dexter one with the electoral crown and the sinister one with the Tuscan crown.

Last edited:
Could I request a coat of arms for this?

The flag of Briswall - a alternate country in the UK, based in South-West England. I would like the Wessex dragon along with the Bristol CoA's? Alternatively could it be possible to put every single county flag into the middle. I'll put what the flags will need to be into. It's above..
View attachment 631904View attachment 631903
I've got some flags to do for Gokbay first, but then I can do this - maybe by the weekend or during it. (Unless someone else does it first.)
Can someone create a coat of arms, combining the elements of the coat of arms of Salamanca (the lower left) and Ávila (excluding the letters surrounding the fort)? The said arms should be parted per pale (halved vertically).

Here's the references itself:
900px-Escudo_her%C3%A1ldico_de_Salamanca.svg.png

(Salamanca)

900px-Escudo_de_%C3%81vila.svg.png

(Ávila)
Once I've got the flags for Gokbay and the CoA for New Britain Mapping done, I can do this for you. Maybe early next week. (Unless someone else does it first.)
The first one is the CoA of the Kingdom of Portugal under Murat: https://pin.it/3A4NSkE

The arms of the House of Stenkil: https://pin.it/7CbSZ1I

This is the helm but in grey instead of golden: View attachment 631983
Three of this, the crest at dexter is a lion rampant Or, the middle one a Latin Cross sable and the third one horns of azure with Or pallets.

The arms of Neuburg-Medici house which are the arms of Johan Wilhelm as Elector Palatine impaled with the arms of Tuscany under the Medici.
I won't be able to get to this until next week at the earliest, but if no-one else does it before then, I can probably do it - I think I'll need some more details from you, maybe, but the questions can wait until then.

Alright. Silliness.
Can anyone make a flag for a Revolutionary (for like the 1820s) Welsh Chilean state obsessed with Penguins?

View attachment 631422
View attachment 631419
View attachment 631424

I think the blue ensign works better, but in case you prefer the red, here's both options for both your flags:
Blue-Ensign_Southern-Africa-combined_for-Gokbay_FGv1.png Blue-Ensign_Southern-Africa-combined-wo-OrangeTransvaal_for-Gokbay_FGv1.png Red-Ensign_Southern-Africa-combined_for-Gokbay_FGv1.png Red-Ensign_Southern-Africa-combined-wo-OrangeTransvaal_for-Gokbay_FGv1.png (click the thumbnails for the full-size images, 800x400px).

The only thing I could think of instead of this sort of thing was a combination of some tools and animal symbols. Something like an anchor behind crossed hammer and pick, surrounded by animal symbols: eagle, bull's head, lion or lion's head, antelope/springbok. I'm not sure which animals are best and where each one could go, though. If you'd like me to try putting that together, let me know, with any preferences you have.

Images created by FriendlyGhost using inkscape.
In accordance with the attribution terms of the licences noted below, you are free to use these images, including adaptation, as long as you give attribution (in case of a conflict, the most limiting licence applies). On this site (alternatehistory.com), just @ my username. On other sites, link to my profile page here.
Some of the constituent parts of this image were amended from publicly available images, as follows:
(1) Symbols in 1st & 4th quarters (top-left, bottom-right) from Coat of Arms of South Africa (1932-2000), in the Public Domain; recoloured, proportions amended.
(2) Symbols in 2nd quarter (top-right) from Coat of Arms of South-West Africa by Samhanin, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0 licence; recoloured, repositioned to fit.
(3) Eagle in 3rd quarter (bottom-left) from Coat of Arms of Northern Rhodesia, in the Public Domain.
(4) Lion in 3rd quarter (bottom-left) from Coat of Arms of Rhodesia (1924-1981), in the Public Domain; recoloured.
(5) Bull's head in 3rd quarter (bottom-left) from Coat of Arms of Botswana by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the GFDL 1.2, CC BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0 and 1.0 licences.
(6) Background Blue and Red Ensigns adapted from Government Ensign of the UK, in the Public Domain; recoloured for Red Ensign.
White circle, colour matching, resizing and positioning all by me.

Licence details:
Creative Commons
CC BY-SA 4.0: Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International
CC BY-SA 3.0: Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
CC BY-SA 2.5: Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 Generic
CC BY-SA 2.0: Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic
CC BY-SA 1.0: Attribution-Share Alike 1.0 Generic
CC BY-NC-SA 3.0: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0
CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication
Details of applicability/compatibility of each licence
Free Software Foundation - Licences
GNU licences and compatibility details
GFDL v1.2GNU Free Documentation Licence, Version 1.2
GFDL (latest): Wikimedia Commons Gnu Free Documentation Licence

Can anyone add the words 'Travail, Famille, Patrie' either between below the fleur-de-lis shield or above it?
constitutional-royal-france-with-vichy-axe_for-joriz-castillo_fgv2b-png.625211
I've still got the files I used to make this and the previous version with the scroll (post 2467) so I can do this tonight for you when I'm back from work, if you're happy with the words being on the same scroll.

Edit: here you are:
Constitutional-Royal-France-with-Vichy-axe_for-Joriz-Castillo_FGv3.png (click the thumbnail for the full-size version, 900x600px)
same as in post 2467

Last edited:

qazse

Gone Fishin'
Hello everyone,

I'm doing a cover of RvBOMally's scenario The Paradox Wars, in which the Spanish Republic has collapsed into several small statelets following a civil war in the 1930s. I need flags for these states. To aid you I will briefly list off these states and their ideologies, and you can use that as a basis to create flags. Or, if you think I should reuse an existing flag, please state what flag I should repurpose. Thanks!

Free City of Madrid
A neutral zone.

Kingdom of Spain
Based in Asturias. A Bourbon constitutional monarchy.

Spanish State
Based in Castile and Leon. A fascist autocracy.

Empire of Spain
Based in Valencia. A Carlist absolute monarchy.

Spanish Confederation
Based in Extremadura. A reactionary autocracy.

Spanish Third Republic
Based in Toledo. A militarist democracy.

Spanish Second Republic
Based in Aragon. A Trotskyist autocracy.

Spanish Soviet Republic
Based in Andalusia. A Stalinist autocracy.

Spanish commune
Based in Murcia. An anarcho-syndicalist state.

FYI, all of these states (sans Madrid) claim to be the legitimate government of all of Spain.

Hello everyone,

I'm doing a cover of RvBOMally's scenario The Paradox Wars, in which the Spanish Republic has collapsed into several small statelets following a civil war in the 1930s. I need flags for these states. To aid you I will briefly list off these states and their ideologies, and you can use that as a basis to create flags. Or, if you think I should reuse an existing flag, please state what flag I should repurpose. Thanks!

Free City of Madrid
A neutral zone.

Kingdom of Spain
Based in Asturias. A Bourbon constitutional monarchy.

Spanish State
Based in Castile and Leon. A fascist autocracy.

Empire of Spain
Based in Valencia. A Carlist absolute monarchy.

Spanish Confederation
Based in Extremadura. A reactionary autocracy.

Spanish Third Republic
Based in Toledo. A militarist democracy.

Spanish Second Republic
Based in Aragon. A Trotskyist autocracy.

Spanish Soviet Republic
Based in Andalusia. A Stalinist autocracy.

Spanish commune
Based in Murcia. An anarcho-syndicalist state.

FYI, all of these states (sans Madrid) claim to be the legitimate government of all of Spain.
Is there a rough TL of events?
This would determine the original flags the next ones are based off.
E.g. the Spanish Republics probably use a variant of OTL 2nd Republic flag the horizontal tricolour of red-gold-murrey (purple).

qazse

Gone Fishin'
E.g. the Spanish Republics probably use a variant of OTL 2nd Republic flag the horizontal tricolour of red-gold-murrey (purple).
Unfortunately, no not really.