Renovation: An Eastern Roman Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think India is too much significant to be left blank around this time. This is because as be may be surely knowing that India was dominated by 4 main powers during this period the Vijayanagara Empire, the Bahamani Sultanate, the Delhi Sultanate and the Rajput States (who mostly united under external threats). The other middle powers (with significant power to prove a credible threat to those major powers) such as the Sultanate of Gujarat and the Sultanate of Malwa too cannot be ignored.

So my suggestion is that you should fill up India in your map. Also I think leaving out the East Indies would be improper.
i agree india should be filled up because it's spices and wealth are significant in the silk road thus is very important to the well being of the empire

Looking at the map I was wondering what happened to the Pope, as he has been kicked out of Rome?
My idea would be for him to go to the Teutonic Knights and be Pope in Marienburg, or even Konigsberg?

Deleted member 67076

I think India is too much significant to be left blank around this time. This is because as be may be surely knowing that India was dominated by 4 main powers during this period the Vijayanagara Empire, the Bahamani Sultanate, the Delhi Sultanate and the Rajput States (who mostly united under external threats). The other middle powers (with significant power to prove a credible threat to those major powers) such as the Sultanate of Gujarat and the Sultanate of Malwa too cannot be ignored.

So my suggestion is that you should fill up India in your map. Also I think leaving out the East Indies would be improper.
Oh no this is by far not completed- I left it blank as I'm not sure what to do with this region yet (same with Southeast Asia and Scandinavia)

Sorry if I gave that impression.
Looking at the map I was wondering what happened to the Pope, as he has been kicked out of Rome?
My idea would be for him to go to the Teutonic Knights and be Pope in Marienburg, or even Konigsberg?
The Teutonic knights would be too much of a frontier at this time to make it plausible, but one of the Bishphorics up north is certainly plausible.

Deleted member 67076

Also, is Makuria's collapse later than IOTL?
Nope, Makurias fate was sealed with the Ayyubids and Mamluks, who frequently raided south and destroyed much of the native fortifications, leaving it open for nomadic incursions from the South and West.

sov a while ago you said that the regime had to turn to tax as the main income for the goverment.did you mean that trade got sidelined or that trade income could not cover the goverment's expences

Deleted member 67076

sov a while ago you said that the regime had to turn to tax as the main income for the goverment.did you mean that trade got sidelined or that trade income could not cover the goverment's expences
The latter. Expenses are much higher now what with the army and navy drastically expanding over the past few decades.

Also in decline with the more organized and populated confederations in what is now South Sudan and Chad. Going to crack sooner or later

Ah, I see.

Anyway, I love how you keep Christian and Muslim states balanced here, Sov. Both don't seem unnecessarily wanked or screwed.

hey sov can you tell us the number o ships and men the empire has now.also whats the composition of a typical roman army and navy?will the roman navy be one of the first to use guns onboard to combat it's weakness vís á vís the italians?ps sorry for asking so many questions

hey sov can you tell us the number o ships and men the empire has now.also whats the composition of a typical roman army and navy?will the roman navy be one of the first to use guns onboard to combat it's weakness vís á vís the italians?ps sorry for asking so many questions

The Genoese were already mounting cannons on ships when they warred against the Rhomans.

Deleted member 67076

This is the phrase I like the most here in this forum

well, India seems quite clean, I would like to suggest one thing, the Yadava dynasty (my favorite indian dynasty so far) was one of the oldest dynasties in the XIV century india, but sadly they collapsed in 1334, what about the Yadavans having a better XIII and XIV centuries in this TL and managing to unify india by the late XVI century? They could fight many wars against the timurids too :D
I'm upset I missed this. I really like this idea :).

What's the military situation of the Empire right now?
All things considered its in a very good place now and improving. The military would quickly be swelling up to a larger state than its been in arguably a century now, with troop sizes going to at best 30-40,000 or so thanks to better logistics and a much more improved financial situation from the resumption of normal trade routes and regular taxation. The navy is being rapidly rebuilt and improved, with cannons now being mounted on ships in imitation of the Italian powers.

Equipment wise, the state is starting to phase in newer modes of heavier armor, guns, bombards (especially in fortifications), pikes, etc.

Oh My God thank you :D Long live the Yadava dynasty!

Just hoping that Ramchandradeva has not been fooled by that f***king Alauddin Khilji into submission. YADUVANSHA CHIRANJIVI DIGVIJAYI BHAVA!

And Gukpard the Yadavas collapsed around 1321 not 1334. All just because Ramchandradeva got fooled by Alauddin Khilji (that b*****d). Well even if the Yadavas stay unconquered (which was much too easy for them) it's hard for them to take on the Delhi Sultanate lest they cooperate with the Rajput states (who Ramchandradeva had unfortunately somewhat alienated by raiding their lands). And all the while doing this they will have to keep the Hoysalas and Kakatiyas quiet or at best ally with them against Delhi.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.