Renovation: An Eastern Roman Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see you back Sov. And a great piece of work from you once again. I just wanted to know that is there any Emperor ruling in Constantinople or just the military junta waiting to select a new Emperor. Is there going to be an Emperor or are we headed towards military oligarchy.

There is a New Emperor, actually, a younger brother of Alt!Constantine XI.

Last edited:
Köln and it's cathedral hold a high place in Catholicism due to the reliquary of the three kings. Still, though, I had forgotten it was one of the electorates. Another city then...
Maybe Salzburg? Its a Prince-bishopric, but it wasn't an electorate until 1803.

Maybe Salzburg? Its a Prince-bishopric, but it wasn't an electorate until 1803.
It should also be mostly out of the reach of France and her allies. This might work, if Soverihn deems it so, of course. The Festung Salzburg should work as a residence in pinch while a more suitable one is built.

Deleted member 67076

Why Mainz, other than that it was the seat of the 'Roman' Papacy in another Byzantophiliac Timeline?

Uhh... I never really chose that within the actual update. :p I honestly don't know where would be a good spot to house the Pope given the consideration the HRE's powerbase at this time is in Bohemia and so I would like to think that the Emperor would want the Holy Father to be in striking range, should he get too big for his britches.

Great to see you back Sov. And a great piece of work from you once again. I just wanted to know that is there any Emperor ruling in Constantinople or just the military junta waiting to select a new Emperor. Is there going to be an Emperor or are we headed towards military oligarchy.
Many thanks. :) Yes, as Dragos say's its the younger brother of our Constantine XI. Although in reality he doesn't have much power.

Yeah, I feel like Köln might be a better choice for the new seat of the "Roman" papacy

It should also be mostly out of the reach of France and her allies. This might work, if Soverihn deems it so, of course. The Festung Salzburg should work as a residence in pinch while a more suitable one is built.

Ooh, Salzburg sounds nice- and its close to the power base of the Emperor!

That means that emperor is more or less a puppet of the military junta. But will he ever try to break out of the influence of the military strongmen surrounding him.

Anyway I must say that you are doing a great job here. But may I ask that till what period are you planning to continue this timeline Sov, also I wanted to ask if you were going to start any timeline about an Asian country or dynasty. Sorry if you felt offended I just asked you casually.

By the way eagerly awaiting your next update.

Deleted member 67076

That means that emperor is more or less a puppet of the military junta. But will he ever try to break out of the influence of the military strongmen surrounding him.
He can try. :p

Anyway I must say that you are doing a great job here. But may I ask that till what period are you planning to continue this timeline Sov, also I wanted to ask if you were going to start any timeline about an Asian country or dynasty. Sorry if you felt offended I just asked you casually.

By the way eagerly awaiting your next update.
I'm thinking of doing this to around the 1500s. My goal here was brining the Roman state back to a Great Power, and right now we're at regional power levels. So, about half way done. Actually 3/4 given my current plans for Anatolia.

Yeah, I have 2 vague ideas for timelines in Asia, but I doubt I'll ever get to them. One is a No Mongols, the other about a stronger Safavid Dynasty where in which Ismail avoids the disaster at Chaldoran (instead Selim is crushed, and the Iranians are both able to keep much of Kurdistan, but also hold Iraq in the coming decades. Keeping Iraq massively benefits Iran in the coming decades, economically and militarily).

That's about it, since I'm not really too knowledgeable on Asia. Africa and the New World is more my thing (which I do have a few ideas on this), after Late Antiquity and the Medieval Era ofc.

Don't worry about offending me.

Maybe in Somalia fighting for the pirates? That explain his connection.

Or egypt researching about empires later subject (yes i know he said Egypt wont be conquered for now)

Or in Nigeria tending sick Ebola patients

With only 2 hints(Africa and bad Internet) its pretty much impossible to guess lel

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.