Rákóczi's War for Independence was successful

abc123

Banned
We have a Problem... the Hohenzollern are protestant... and for the Very Catholic Magyar People.. they won't like a protestan king, even if the Hohenzollern were pretty tolerant with the religious of their Subject(when the aristocracy were protestant.. for loyality issue)

And why if Razoczi want to rule independant? that was to be OTL, Even make transylvannia a semi autonomus region...

Well, over 20% of Magyars are protestants, calvinist IIRC.
Relationship of Habsburg towards Hungarian protestants WAS one of the most important causes of Rakoczy's uprising.
So, the new King of Hungary should be a catholic, but certainly a very tolerant one.
;)
One of first laws in Kingdom of Hungary should be about religios tolerance.

I think that Rakoczy want to be King of Hungary, so if he can't be the KIng he should prefer personal union with Prussia, where he can be the Palatine of Hungary.
;)

About Transylvania we should expect some Act of Union between Hungary and Transylvania, something in the lines of union between England and Scotland. Maybe even make hungarian heir of the Trone a prince of Transylvania.

Last edited:

abc123

Banned
In the same time, in Croatia, relationship between Croatian nobility and Habsburgs can go in 2 directions:
a) cooperation
b) confrontation

It's upon Zeller to decide wich direction it will take.

Well, over 20% of Magyars are protestants, calvinist IIRC.
Relationship of Habsburg towards Hungarian protestants WAS one of the most important causes of Rakoczy's uprising.
So, the new King of Hungary should be a catholic, but certainly a very tolerant one.
;)
One of first laws in Kingdom of Hungary should be about religios tolerance.

I think that Rakoczy want to be King of Hungary, so if he can't be the KIng he should prefer personal union with Prussia, where he can be the Palatine of Hungary.
;)

About Transylvania we should expect some Act of Union between Hungary and Transylvania, something in the lines of union between England and Scotland. Maybe even make hungarian heir of the Trone a prince of Transylvania.

If Rákóczi wanted to rule Hungary he would have assumed the title of king after the Diet at Ónod declared the deposition of the House of Habsburgs from the Hungarian throne on June 13, 1707.

But he wanted a king who has another country behind him in case someone wanted to occupy Hungary in the turmoil.

He invited Frederik I to the throne, who showed his gratitude by giving an independent Transylvania to Rákóczi to rule. But the border was formal only, all travellers and merchants could travel from Transylvania to HUngary and vica versa. Transylvania could even trade with Hungary tax-free.

In the same time, in Croatia, relationship between Croatian nobility and Habsburgs can go in 2 directions:
a) cooperation
b) confrontation

It's upon Zeller to decide wich direction it will take.

I think Croatians would be content under both regimes.

abc123

Banned
If Rákóczi wanted to rule Hungary he would have assumed the title of king after the Diet at Ónod declared the deposition of the House of Habsburgs from the Hungarian throne on June 13, 1707.

But he wanted a king who has another country behind him in case someone wanted to occupy Hungary in the turmoil.

He invited Frederik I to the throne, who showed his gratitude by giving an independent Transylvania to Rákóczi to rule. But the border was formal only, all travellers and merchants could travel from Transylvania to HUngary and vica versa. Transylvania could even trade with Hungary tax-free.

I think Croatians would be content under both regimes.

You don't understand the very nature of Transylvania.
Transylvania become a state of their own because John of Zapolja had no other option. He become a turkish vassal. So it was never intended to be a separate state from Hungary. And Hungarian nobility allways has the main role in Transylvania, it was allways a some sort of Hungarian State.
So Transylvania was allways a temporally solution, until all of Hungary is liberated from Turks.

So, the same moment when Hungary becomes independant again, you can expect union between Hungary and Transylvania.
;)

About Croats, there are 2 main areas for discontent of Croats with Habsburgs:

a) status od Military Frontier

800px-Militargrenze%2C_Wojwodowena_und_Banat.jpg

Croats would expect that at least northern and western part of Military Frontier would be abolished, or at least put under command of Ban of Croatia.

2) status of new acquired areas between Una and Vrbas rivers ( that part of today's B&H is known as a Turkish Croatia, because before turkish occupation it was a part of Croatia, not Bosnia, not to mention that Croats think that whole Bosnia belongs to Croatia anyway )

The very minimum that Croats would expecting would be that those areas become part of Military Frontier, not some new Kingdom ( because in theory Military Frontier was part of Croatia )

3) attempts of Wienna to make Croatia part of Austrian hereditary lands and to impose apsolutism as in Habsburg hereditary lands.
Croats want that Wienna accept that they are in personal union with Austria, not part of Austria.
;)

I understand, but I'm done discussing the independence of Transylvania.

Since Croatia was under Habsburg control OTL, I think it's a good start to more or less follow the course of their original history.

I know, but it will be similar, since they are still under Habsburg rule.

At first, they would be happy to remain so.

Last edited:
I was wondering if the Polish War of Succession would be any different.
I can't really think of a major difference. Maybe a more agressive Prussia?